Are any of these guys the real deal? (Tai Chi Chuan)

calculus

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
William C.C. Chen

Chris Turner

Earl Montigue

---------

I'm looking into buying a video tape, and am so far leaning for Chris
Turner, or Earl Montigue.

What do you guys think about each person?

Hope to hear from you.

-Zack

Taojen1

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
Zach wrote:

<<I'm looking into buying a video tape, and am so far leaning for Chris
Turner, or Earl Montigue.

Much as it might gall you, try Mike's instead

Buddy

calculus

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99

I have nothing against Mike personally or on a "Tai Chi" level. I just might
check out his webpage and purchase one or two.

-Zack

SJN8888

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Erle Montaigue's tapes are very good (though the production is homemade).

His Yang Lu Chan tape is unique and breaks things down in reasonable detail.
His Taiji to the Max series is an outdoor seminar that was taped. It covers
things in great detail.

Just my opinion, I am not an expert...

Filter

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Has anybody ever witnessed or know of anybody witnessing Earl Montigue
demonstrating actual 'jing'? (I'm not sure if there is actual jing, but
supposing there is...)
SJN8888 <sjn...@aol.com> wrote in message

point

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Filter wrote in message ...

>Has anybody ever witnessed or know of anybody witnessing Earl Montigue
>demonstrating actual 'jing'? (I'm not sure if there is actual jing, but
>supposing there is...)

I wonder why people think Tai Chi is all about fa chin.

?

Bobone

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99

Filter <filte...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Has anybody ever witnessed or know of anybody witnessing Earl Montigue
> demonstrating actual 'jing'? (I'm not sure if there is actual jing, but
> supposing there is...)

Yes I have and yes there is

Rob

Marcus Kielly

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
Where is the website with Earl Montigue and the avi's of him doing his
form?

Posted At: Thursday, October 21, 1999 3:02 AM
Posted To: martial-arts
Conversation: Are any of these guys the real deal? (Tai Chi
Chuan)
Subject: Re: Are any of these guys the real deal? (Tai
Chi Chuan)

Filter wrote in message ...

>Has anybody ever witnessed or know of anybody witnessing Earl
Montigue
>demonstrating actual 'jing'? (I'm not sure if there is actual
jing, but
>supposing there is...)

I wonder why people think Tai Chi is all about fa chin.

?

Bobone

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

point <x...@y.com> wrote in message news:7uls6u$t3v$1...@news-02.meganews.com...

> I wonder why people think Tai Chi is all about fa chin.
>
> ?

As opposed to
?

sqrt(2)

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

>> I wonder why people think Tai Chi is all about fa chin.
>> ?
>As opposed to
>?

As opposed to everything else it consists of.

Bobone

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99

sqrt(2) <num...@number.com> wrote in message
Which is?

Laplace

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99

Even if Earl Montigue can demonstrate his 'jing', it doesn't earn him an extra
second in the ring or in a real fight (no rule).

Those who think mastering a single aspect of their martial arts can make them a
master, are far from a master, their mind (thinking) is not the thinking of a
master!

To win a fight, there is no perfect solution, doesn't matter what style you
train in.

There are a few rules, however, determines a winner:

1. Those who doesn't fear (death, get hurt) usually win.
2. Those who take No Rule unarmed combat as their daily training routine
will VERY VERY likely beat those who believe in their skill and believe
themselves are masters. Experimentalist will always beat metaphysician!!
Science will always beat metaphysics!

I am not putting down any style. I am only putting down the thinking, mind
frame of most of the so called Old Masters in Traditional styles today, they
believe too much! They never take up whatever challenge put in front of them as
in the old days!

In the old days Chinese martial artists are tested by No Rule fight, against
all styles, Russians, Mongolians, Japanese, Koreans ... It is an arts of life
and death.

That's why one of the rules in Shaolin is "Not to train martial arts before
give up the concept of life and death."

Only then can one perform his/her best.

> >> Has anybody ever witnessed or know of anybody witnessing Earl Montigue
> >> demonstrating actual 'jing'? (I'm not sure if there is actual jing, but
> >> supposing there is...)
> >

> >Yes I have and yes there is
>

> Where did Montague learn his real jing and stuff?
>
> Goldberg

Bobone

Nov 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/8/99

Laplace <lap...@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message

> Even if Earl Montigue can demonstrate his 'jing', it doesn't earn him an
extra
> second in the ring or in a real fight (no rule).

Did he say it does?

> Those who think mastering a single aspect of their martial arts can make
them a > master, are far from a master, their mind (thinking) is not the
thinking of a
> master!

Wow, you can read Erle's mind?

> To win a fight, there is no perfect solution, doesn't matter what style
you
> train in.

Which is something Erle says

> In the old days Chinese martial artists are tested by No Rule fight,
against
> all styles, Russians, Mongolians, Japanese, Koreans ... It is an arts of
life
> and death.

Are you suggesting we should fight to the death today?

Laplace

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
If this violence happened to a man I would call it bad, but not to a little
girl.

Subject:
Please read this!
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 09:18:19 +0200
From:
"Lourens Tredoux" <lour...@metroweb.co.za>
To:
"Zahir Motala" <za...@zmotala.freeserve.co.uk>,
"Winston Nqono" <wnq...@yebo.co.za>,
"Txheat1331" <txhea...@aol.com>,
"SwedeBear" <swedebear...@dccnet.com>,
"Spock" <spoc...@yahoo.com>,
"Mouton Paul" <XY1...@exchange.oldmutual.com>,
"Michael Fincham" <maxi...@geocities.com>,
"Laplace" <lap...@hotkey.net.au>,
"KLAUS SCHINDLER" <SCHI...@yebo.co.za>,
"John Gardiner" <joy...@iafrica.com>,
"Jim & Tamsin" <brad...@global.co.za>,
"Hannes Joubert" <han...@rohlig.co.za>, "Glen Meyer"
<gme...@grintek.com>,
"DH van Wyk" <imp...@nomadi.8m.com>,
"circularsound" <circul...@circularsound.demon.co.uk>,
"carol armstead" <caro...@webtv.net>, <b.s...@napier.ac.uk>,
"Andy Msiza" <MSZA...@mail.uct.ac.za>, <and...@home.com>,
"Anders Lind" <swed...@dccnet.com>

This is One Chain Letter I dont Mind sending on or answering.....!!

Once you receive this - please copy and paste this onto a new
message so that we can keep it neat as we pass it along.

On the 28th of October 1999, a young 12-year old girl's future was completely
shattered. She was raped and almost stabbed to death. She sustained multiple
stab wounds in the back, chest and stomach as well as the face. One of the
stabs she received penetrated her spine and she is
now paralysed for life.

This little girl is my cousin. I went to see her in hospital on Friday.

When I saw her, she was laying on her side and all I could see was her
stitched face. Because her whole little body was riddled with stab wounds, she
is unable to find a comfortable position. When I asked her how she was doing,
she whispered: " I am sore, I am sore". She asked her mother to turn her over
on the other side, and as I helped her mother to do so, I saw that her whole
throat was covered in the most terrible blue and deep purple bruises.

Her rapist tried to shut her up when she was screaming. When that did not
help, he tried to stab her to death. All I can say is thank god she is alive.

The reason for this email is plain and simple. The South African judicial
system is up to muggets, and corruption and discrimination is rife.

No justice will be brought to this case. Give it a couple of years, and the
rapist ( who was caught I might add ) will be out on parole in a couple of
months. In the meantime, one beautiful little girl's life has been changed.
Not only does she have to live with this memory, but she has to be reminded
of it every single day in the form of her paralyses. The South African
government wants to implement something called chemical castration, where
they inject men with a chemical that decreases their sex drive. This is NOT
good enough. Rape is not in the male member, but in the male mind.

I know this happens to woman all over the world on an hourly basis, but this
time it has hit too close to home and I CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT stand by
and do nothing about it. Therefor I would like your help in signing this
petition for a harsher sentence for rape. Life imprisonment might be a good
suggestion as ironically enough, prisoners do not tolerate child molesters and
rapists, and because of this, they have their own "system of punishment" in
prison.

I want this man to go through agony for the rest of his life. I want him to be
reminded of the pain that this little girl has to go through for the rest of
HER life. Why should this animal deserve ANY better?

Please forward this to as many people as you can. The more signatures we have
from all over the world, the better our chances that someone in power might
listen. If we don't do something about it, some or other time it might hit too
close to your home......

Also, please keep me updated by regularly sending back a list to me,(every 100
entries) so I can keep record of our progress.

I sincerely appreciate your help and support in this matter, and so does Luze
Homan and her mother.

Kind Regards
Nikki Botha
<mailto:Ni...@comnet.co.za> < <mailto:Ni...@comnet.co.za>> ]
Johannesburg, RSA

1) Melanie Benson JHB.
2) Pam Immelman, JHB.
3) Sheralynn Anderson, JHB
4) Jeanette Saule ,JHB
5) patrick bogatsu
6) John Botha
7) Chereldene Hamann
8) Barbara Jalaser
9) Nola Cloete
10) Aubrey Williams, JHB, South Africa
11) Heidi van Eck, JHB South Africa
12) Amanda de Klerk, Jhb, South Africa
13) Gillian Hamilton, Jhb, South Africa
14) Adele van Eden, JHB, South Africa
15) Ailsa Thorpe, JHB, South Africa
16) Henna O'Reilly, Jhb, South Africa
17) Sabrina Joseph,Jhb,South Africa.
18) Trevor Hogan, Jhb, South Africa
19) Bettie du Plessis, Potchefstroom, RSA
20) Hendrik Schutte Potchefstroom, RSA
21) Susan Maree, Potchefstroom, RSA
22) Keith Maree Pocthefstroom, RSA
23). Johan Mulder, Potchefstroom, RSA
24). Janet van der Merwe
25) Malani Thomas, Centurion, RSA
26) casper vd Walt, Pretoria, RSA
27) Nazeema Khan, Gauteng, SA
28) Rennus Prinsloo, Pretoria, RSA
29) Henk Keuris, Johannesburg, RSA
30) Marijke Rust, Roodepoort, RSA
31) Ioleen Lavis, Durban, RSA
32) Debbie Tolond, Durban, RSA
33) Tracy Long, Kyalami, RSA
34) Brett Young, Windhoek, Namibia **or Centurion, PTA,RSA
35) Uys Wessels , Windhoek , Namibia
36) Celene van der Merwe, Windhoek, Namibia
37) Ronnie Adams, Windhoek, Namibia
38) Laurette Nel, Windhoek, Namibia
39) Johan Nel, Windhoek, Namibia
40) Ralf Tobich, Windhoek, Namibia
41) Isabel Reis, Windhoek, Namibia

42) Joachim Cranz, Windhoek, Namibia
43) Ursula Thormeyer, Johannesburg, South Africa
44) Hendrik Olivier, SA, Netwoord.co.za
45) Lourens Tredoux, Boksburg
46) Jolene Tredoux, Boksburg

kickstart