Question about belts higher than fifth degree

Jonathan Alexander

Mar 22, 2021, 5:49:49 PM3/22/21
I have heard that when a person gets a belt higher than a fifth degree in tae kwon do and this is true in other arts. That the belts are honorary so in order to get the sixth degree you had to show you gave back to the art, like teach or open a studio. The thing is I never see women doing this so I wonder if women do not get these higher belts due to sexism or bigotry and discrimination?