Inosanto or Gary Dill

JKDConcept

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

I have found out that Mr. Gary Dill's credentials are not legit. He has
not received the necessary training nor the authority from the late James
Lee to be an instructor in Jeet Kune Do. Evidence to this can be seen at
http://members.aol.com/makoncept/kedge/makke006.htm

Be sure to continue to read the articles marked "Backlash" parts 1-3 and
conclusion that are linked at the bottom of the page.

MAllen5904

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

jkdconcept wrote:

Me:

I've read it and found its far from the truth. Of course its from
your organization. How about Dill's ties to Tekki. I guess
Tekki is a nobody in the eyes of the concepts organization ?
As I've stated in many of my post, Inosanto is a great Martial
Artist but some of his students have little to admire.

Sincerely,
Mallen

God, son of god Homo causey truth

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

On 13 Sep 1997 05:05:10 GMT, malle...@aol.com (MAllen5904) wrote:

>jkdconcept wrote:
>
>>I have found out that Mr. Gary Dill's credentials are not legit. He has
>>not received the necessary training nor the authority from the late James
>>Lee to be an instructor in Jeet Kune Do. Evidence to this can be seen at
>>http://members.aol.com/makoncept/kedge/makke006.htm
>>
>>Be sure to continue to read the articles marked "Backlash" parts 1-3 and
>>conclusion that are linked at the bottom of the page.
>
> Me:
>
> I've read it and found its far from the truth. Of course its from
>your organization. How about Dill's ties to Tekki. I guess

Ok, who is tekki?

>Tekki is a nobody in the eyes of the concepts organization ?
> As I've stated in many of my post, Inosanto is a great Martial
>Artist but some of his students have little to admire.
>
> Sincerely,
> Mallen

The reality of most instruction. Any fool can scrape up a few hundred and become a wannabe. It
takes real skill and talent to actual be something.

--Sometimes I cry after sex... Must be the pepper spray.--
ftp://ftp.wavefront.com/pub/techint/spook/crimeftr.zip
"A single contradictory fact of evidence, demolishes a SCIENTIFIC theory."
--Albert Einstein (My emphasis)

Jim Dougherty

Sep 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/13/97

> I've never heard
> Guro Dan say anything about Prof. Dill, other than, "I haven't worked with
> him"
An honest statement.

> I've heard Gary Dill say, with my own ears, "If Bruce Lee could come
> back from the grave, he would kill Dan Inosanto for what he's done to JKD".

A little harsh, I think.

--
Jim

Kelpie

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

JKDConcept <jkdco...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970913041...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> I have found out that Mr. Gary Dill's credentials are not legit. He has
> not received the necessary training nor the authority from the late James
> Lee to be an instructor in Jeet Kune Do. Evidence to this can be seen at
> http://members.aol.com/makoncept/kedge/makke006.htm
>
> Be sure to continue to read the articles marked "Backlash" parts 1-3 and
> conclusion that are linked at the bottom of the page.

Like I've mentioned before... I've studied under both schools. Gary Dill
is a great guy and lot of fun to hang out with... but he is very loud about
his opinion of Guro Dan. One has to wonder why this is. I've never heard

Guro Dan say anything about Prof. Dill, other than, "I haven't worked with

him" (Guro Dan has a such a polite way of putting things)... On the other
hand, I've heard Gary Dill say, with my own ears, "If Bruce Lee could come

back from the grave, he would kill Dan Inosanto for what he's done to JKD".

BTW... good to see you in the group, Mike, I've sent a couple gentlemen
your way, recently.

--
Creative Concepts in Self Defense
http://www.jediknight.com/ccsd/index.html

Shorin JKD

Sep 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/14/97

Having just come from a Gary Dill seminar, just yesterday, I can say that
he is loud and somewhat crass. However, the man knows how to fight . He is
patient and a good teacher of the main techniques and ideas JKD is
supposed to be about.

Shorinjkd

MAllen5904

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

Jim wrote:

>A little harsh, I think.
>
>--
>Jim

Mallen wrote:

Come on Jim, you're not going to believe everything
people say, are you ?
What people say in private is one thing but what
is said in public is another. Prof. Dill has wriiten many
editorials in "Black Belt" as well as many other magazines
on the subject of Concepts and Original JKD and he
had never said a bad thing about Dan or Concepts.
You can go right now to one of the links of Black Belt
Web and see for yourself how Prof. Dill speaks of Dan
and Concepts. Anything bad being said about anyone is coming
from Conscepts directed to anyone else that isn't
under them like the Nucleus, Original etc....
Just for doing what I'm doing now, if Dill found out,
I'd be shipped to DC. to run the Guantlet with RJ's boys which
isn't too much fun. Prof. Dill demands that we respect everyone
and their styles. Isn't attitude an important element in our arts ?
Where are you guys losing it ? and why ? Prof. Dill is a
great martial artist and a hell of a guy and people train
with him because they like his style of fighting. I better
shut up now before I become a permanent ookie forR.J. Oaks.

Nough said,
Mallen

MAllen5904

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

bill. jee wrote:

>Ok, who is tekki?

Me:

Taky Kimura was Bruce's first and eldest student and has
been operating his school in Seattle since the fifties. He
has to be in his late eighties to early ninties by now.Because,
of what was just said, what would be the proper rank or position
in a martial arts, or better, a Chinese based system if everthing else is
equal ? The main students at that time being Taky, James Lee
and, I almost forgot ,Dan Inosanto.

G'day Mates,
Mallen

Felonius Thunk

Sep 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/15/97

In article <19970915032...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
malle...@aol.com (MAllen5904) wrote:

€Me:

He's in his seventies, but is still active.

Kelpie

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

MAllen5904 <malle...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970915025...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> Someone wrote:
>
> >> I've heard Gary Dill say, with my own ears, "If Bruce Lee could come
> >> back from the grave, he would kill Dan Inosanto for what he's done to
JKD".

> Jim wrote:
> >
> >A little harsh, I think.
> >
> >--
> >Jim
>
> Mallen wrote:
>
> Come on Jim, you're not going to believe everything
> people say, are you ?

Look man, I started my JKD training with RJ. RJ took to me to a seminar
with Prof. Dill and that's when I heard him say the above statement. Don't
get me wrong. Both RJ and Prof. Dill are great guys and fantastic
teachers. Both of them have the proverbial "heart of gold". I truely
value everything they taught me. As I sit here and type this, I'm wearing
an SDS T-shirt. But hearing Prof. Dill say that, realy made me think. I
don't want to get into kind of flame war, that's not my style. If you'd
like to discuss this over private email.... just remove the "nospam" from
email address.

Pat "Kelpie" Sullivan

Temujin

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

Kelpie wrote:

> MAllen5904 <malle...@aol.com> wrote in article
> <19970915025...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> JKD".
> >
> > Jim wrote:
> > >
> > >A little harsh, I think.
> > >
> > >--
> > >Jim
> >
> > Mallen wrote:
> >
> > Come on Jim, you're not going to believe everything
> > people say, are you ?

Gentlemen:

I attended the World Martial Arts HAll of Fame induction of Professor
Dill, in Cleveland in 1994. He did make several unflattering remarks
about Guro Inosanto during his presentation in Cleveland and at the bar
during a conversation with several people including myself. He did not
make the same statement that Kelpie has reported, but his comment in
Cleveland were along the same line. Why would people have difficulty
believing that Dill and Inosanto are not friendly towards one another?

> Look man, I started my JKD training with RJ. RJ took to me to a seminar
> with Prof. Dill and that's when I heard him say the above statement. Don't
> get me wrong. Both RJ and Prof. Dill are great guys and fantastic
> teachers. Both of them have the proverbial "heart of gold". I truely
> value everything they taught me. As I sit here and type this, I'm wearing
> an SDS T-shirt. But hearing Prof. Dill say that, realy made me think.

> Pat "Kelpie" Sullivan

Kelpie, I would question the "heart of gold" reference that you have
made regarding Professor Dill. He is a very talented man, but he is
also very opinionated in some areas with regard to the martial arts,
especially the FMAs. I have not attended a seminar of his since 1995,
but two of his students live and teach in towns not far from me and they
both report that he has not yet "warmed up" the FMAs and that is a major
reason why he does not speak favorably about Guro Inosanto.

This post is written in support of your contention and in no way should
be considered as being for or against either Professor Dill or Guro
Inosanto. As best I can tell neither has yet to walk on water.

Temujin

Kelpie

Sep 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/16/97

Temujin <pres...@cny.com> wrote in article <341E7F...@cny.com>...

> This post is written in support of your contention and in no way should
> be considered as being for or against either Professor Dill or Guro
> Inosanto. As best I can tell neither has yet to walk on water.
>
> Temujin

Hear! Hear! I think that's the most intelligent statement I've heard on
the matter.

Kelpie

TIMOTHY RIVERA

Sep 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/23/97

God, son of god "Homo causey truth" <bill...@juno.com> wrote:

: > I've read it and found its far from the truth. Of course its from

: >your organization. How about Dill's ties to Tekki. I guess

: Ok, who is tekki?

um, i think he's talking about Taki Kimura. and no, Taki is greatly
respected in the "concepts organization." had you done your homework and
had a reson to dislike the "concepts organization," you would've realized
this.

: >Tekki is a nobody in the eyes of the concepts organization ?

: > As I've stated in many of my post, Inosanto is a great Martial
: >Artist but some of his students have little to admire.
: >
: > Sincerely,
: > Mallen

tim

jerry

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

TIMOTHY RIVERA <ri...@umr.edu> wrote in article
<608suc$8j6$2...@news.cc.umr.edu>...

> God, son of god "Homo causey truth" <bill...@juno.com> wrote:
>
> : > I've read it and found its far from the truth. Of course its from
> : >your organization. How about Dill's ties to Tekki. I guess
>
> : Ok, who is tekki?
>
> um, i think he's talking about Taki Kimura. and no, Taki is greatly
> respected in the "concepts organization." had you done your homework and

> had a reson to dislike the "concepts organization," you would've realized

> this.
>
> : >Tekki is a nobody in the eyes of the concepts organization ?

what does "concepts organisation" mean. It sounds like a CIA plot. Get a
grip!

barr...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 11:53:59 AM3/16/15
When Gary Dill was an agent with the NIS, stationed at Cecil Field in Jacksonville, Florida, I had the immense honor of becoming one of his 13 or so students. He invited me to assist him in dropping a few pounds and burn some excess calories. I was all of 19 years old and weighed a lean 150 pounds. We both would skip a few lunches per week and go to the the gym on base. He would "teach" me the ways of Kempo. A painful study to be sure, but what a close-up-and-personal way to develop one's fundemental skills. I am now a 57 year old man and place a vey high value on the memories and training of those great one-on-one gym sessions, and classes, in his garage and front yard. The skills I developed helped hone my fighting skills, and haved proven invaluable in both armed and unarmed encounters. Prof. Dill has a rough edge or two and only allows a select few to see his heart; it is the size of Oklahoma. A good man and the most formidable martial artist I have encountered in my experience.
Barry B. Buchanan

mrund...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2016, 12:02:03 PM1/6/16
On Saturday, September 13, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, JKDConcept wrote:
> I have found out that Mr. Gary Dill's credentials are not legit. He has
> not received the necessary training nor the authority from the late James
> Lee to be an instructor in Jeet Kune Do. Evidence to this can be seen at
> http://members.aol.com/makoncept/kedge/makke006.htm
>
> Be sure to continue to read the articles marked "Backlash" parts 1-3 and
> conclusion that are linked at the bottom of the page.

I understand I'm getting into this discussion a little late. However there seems to be some unjustified FLAMING going on here. I started in the martial arts in 1969 and have seen far too many instructors and students try to put the other guys reputation down. It's juvenile behavior and not behavior that should be practiced or condoned by true martial artists. Every style and every instructor has their strong points and weak points. So we can be stronger by learning from each other as brothers seeking "our" path to enlightenment. In many cases students who wanted to teach were denied that right by their instructor. Most often it was to protect the instructors control of information going out. In some ways I understand that if you let your "secrets" be known you lose your advantage. I've studied under several instructors and many styles. Each had something to teach and each had something for me to make my own and somethings to discard. Gary Dill learned the Old School way of skill building in the 1960's. Hard core, hard style Karate with bare knuckles and broken noses. I had my nose fixed by the way! When I studied with Gary it was suppose to be a temporary thing until my instructor Benny could get back from California to Texas. However, what I saw with Gary was old school training with JKD/Wing Chun techniques and JKD concepts. He made students into street fighters and not tag point competitors. He did this in a very short period of time. I studied with Gary for I think 3 years. In that time we had Law Enforcement, Military and Mercenary personnel work out with us. We practice kicks against each other kicking each others forearms without pads. So we could give real feedback on the power and penetration of the kicks. We practiced punching drills the same way against the open palm of our partner to recognize the difference between pushing punches and fast penetrating punches. Gary wanted punches and kicks to penetrate a persons body to create a shock wave and not just push them across the room. It was hard, painful, bruising training but when Gary left my training partners at my new school called me Iron Shins. Everywhere you look schools have the JKD in their advertising. Most admit to not actually training in it but say that JKD is only a concept and they practice the concept. Well I disagree but does that mean a student can't learn something valuable? No it does not! Train for yourself and not to impress. Let go of the ego and just be truthful to yourself. Being like water isn't just about fighting it's about living. Thanks A.Cookson

m...@livingstoncountyil.gov

May 9, 2018, 2:58:00 PM5/9/18
On Saturday, September 13, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, JKDConcept wrote:
> I have found out that Mr. Gary Dill's credentials are not legit. He has
> not received the necessary training nor the authority from the late James
> Lee to be an instructor in Jeet Kune Do. Evidence to this can be seen at
> http://members.aol.com/makoncept/kedge/makke006.htm
>
> Be sure to continue to read the articles marked "Backlash" parts 1-3 and
> conclusion that are linked at the bottom of the page.

i have attended seminars with Dan, Richard, Joe Lewis and Mr. Dill and have NEVER heard any of them say a bad thing about the other.. Mr Dill in fact stated TO ME that the reason he teaches ONLY the JKD that Bruce taught is because KNOWING THE ROOTS OF THE SYSTEM is as important as growing and he wants people to see where it came from.