How fatal is a kick in the balls?

Sigurd Arne Strand

Jul 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/4/97

Mutch have been said about groin kicks not beeing relayable in self
defense because the person is high on drugs, alcohol or even
adrenalin. That's another discussion, but I would like to hear your
opinions on how much damage a clean kick to the male genitals actually
does, if it's a medium/hard/very hard kick? Does it make any difference
if its a toe-kick, a instep or whatever? - I can imagine that at
least the hard toe of a shoe or boot will do permanent damage, even if
the person doesn't feel immideate pain?
I have heard a story about a man that received a strong toe kick in the
balls from behind. He was sent to hospital with VERY svollen testicles.
They saved his testicles, but the most fatal to him was that he has been
impotent ever since!
The kick had made lots of damage to the nerves in his penis!

Some fighters tell that "the goal" of a groin kick is to break the
pelvis.
Has anybody actually done this/or seen this been done in a real fight?

Sig.

Alexander

Jul 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/4/97

In my dojo this happens all the time. We do not practice low kick
intentionally. This kind of injury is usually done by front kicks during
the free sparring.
In my experience, a low kick can cause very severe damage. It's painful
enough to make a macho macho guy lose all of his strength and fall down
to the ground immediately ( are you a gal or a guy? if you are a guy
then you must know) When a guy gets a nice, clean shot to the balls,
usually the only thing he can do is lying on the floor, sweating and
moaning.

Joel Martin McTague

Jul 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/4/97

Sigurd Arne Strand wrote:

> Mutch have been said about groin kicks not beeing relayable in self
> defense because the person is high on drugs, alcohol or even
> adrenalin. That's another discussion, but I would like to hear your
> opinions on how much damage a clean kick to the male genitals actually
> does, if it's a medium/hard/very hard kick? Does it make any difference
> if its a toe-kick, a instep or whatever? - I can imagine that at
> least the hard toe of a shoe or boot will do permanent damage, even if
> the person doesn't feel immideate pain?
> I have heard a story about a man that received a strong toe kick in the
> balls from behind. He was sent to hospital with VERY svollen testicles.
> They saved his testicles, but the most fatal to him was that he has been
> impotent ever since!
> The kick had made lots of damage to the nerves in his penis!
>
> Some fighters tell that "the goal" of a groin kick is to break the
> pelvis.
> Has anybody actually done this/or seen this been done in a real fight?
>
> Sig.

I've only used a groin kick once in a fight, and was effective enough to
have the person drop. One of the best things I've seen is a groin kick
slightly off center, hitting the pressure points on each side of the
groin.
--
http://joel.cropcircles.com
http://www.cropcircles.com

"Omniscience is soooo boring!" Me, circa 1989.

"No one is my equal, but I regard him, equally with all other beings, as
my property." Max Stirner, The Ego and His Own.

Richard Cowles

Jul 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/4/97

There is a variety of things that can happen when a guy gets kicked in
the jewels. For the sake of discussion, let's say it's a clean, hard
kick that really hits the target.

The most common thing that will happen (has happened to me several
times) is severe pain that runs from the testicles up through the
abdoman. It at least doubles you over, and I've dropped to my knees on
one occasion. If this happens get in a finishing blow or leave because
it only dropped me for about a minute before I was back up and not at
all happy.

You could also do major damage to the cord that the testicle hangs on.
I've damaged this on one occasion but not in martial arts(I've had a
streak of bad luck). The person will be incapacitated if this happens.
It is an excrutiating pain that lasts for several days. It would take
the fight right out of a person.

I have heard of cases of ruptured testicles before and even internal
bleeding. I would say the heart attack stories were just
that.....stories.

A previous response was correct though that a groin kick is very easily
defended. You must really launch it quickly without squaring the
shoulders to get in in and be effective. I teach my students to kick to
the knees in a situation so serious that we would be looking to do major
damage. I have found that only a truly skilled and experienced fighter
expects kicks to the knees and knows how to defend against them.

Jeri Massi

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

Alexander <Svet...@uz.com> wrote:
>In my dojo this happens all the time. We do not practice low kick
>intentionally. This kind of injury is usually done by front kicks during
>the free sparring.
>In my experience, a low kick can cause very severe damage. It's painful
>enough to make a macho macho guy lose all of his strength and fall down
>to the ground immediately ( are you a gal or a guy? if you are a guy
>then you must know) When a guy gets a nice, clean shot to the balls,
>usually the only thing he can do is lying on the floor, sweating and
>moaning.

Somewhere along the line in my training I heard that a groin kick to a
man actually can be fatal--stops the heart. One hears so many
legends, it's hard to know for sure. But there are a few major
arteries that run through the upper thighs close to the groin. I
wonder if a super hard kick in the groin could induce a heart attack.

The drawback of kicks to the groin is that it's the most expected kick
in the world, and the reflexive protective duck or cover with the leg
is pretty fast. Usually I see guys go down from a groin kick when
they are winning a match and are coming in, not paying attention to
their defense and the other person is throwing something desperately
and is too close to get it high enough.

Ever read CW Nicole's account of getting kicked there? He was a
Britisher training in Japan in the early 60's. An anti-Western
student (black belt) kept picking on him, so finally Nicole (who had
wrestled professionally) got mad, picked the much smaller man up over
his head, and threw him down to teach him a lesson. The man was so
humiliated he left the floor, and the next week in sparring he rammed
a front kick right into ground zero on Nicole.

He was so rigid from pain that other students had to carry him off the
floor, and the head instructor had to check him, to see if he had
ruptured his testicles. He was okay, and one of the other black belts
went to bat for him and fought the other guy really hard to teach him
a lesson. But Nicole learned to leave grudges off the floor.
Otherwise they would have a way of coming back to haunt him.

--Jeri

Visit Jeri's Dr. Who Fiction Page!
http://www.pipeline.com/~jeriwho/index.html
Also, read the latest word on BEEF!
It may not be as safe as you think
http://www.pipeline.com/~jeriwho/beef.htm

jamski

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

Sigurd Arne Strand wrote:

> Mutch have been said about groin kicks not beeing relayable in self
> defense because the person is high on drugs, alcohol or even
> adrenalin. That's another discussion, but I would like to hear your
> opinions on how much damage a clean kick to the male genitals actually
> does, if it's a medium/hard/very hard kick? Does it make any difference
> if its a toe-kick, a instep or whatever? - I can imagine that at
> least the hard toe of a shoe or boot will do permanent damage, even if
> the person doesn't feel immideate pain?
> I have heard a story about a man that received a strong toe kick in the
> balls from behind. He was sent to hospital with VERY svollen testicles.
> They saved his testicles, but the most fatal to him was that he has been
> impotent ever since!
> The kick had made lots of damage to the nerves in his penis!
>
> Some fighters tell that "the goal" of a groin kick is to break the
> pelvis.
> Has anybody actually done this/or seen this been done in a real fight?
>
> Sig.

Well, two stories for you. The first happened to guy in my high school.
He got hit in the balls by a golf club. He went to hospital, they sorted
him out.
The second story is horrible. A little kid in my neighbourhood got
kicked playinmg football. His mother took him to the doctors, the doctor
told him not to worry. 2 days later the boy was complaining of even more
pain, so she took him to hospital. When he got kicked, something had
gotten twisted, cutting off the blood supply. He lost a testicle, and
was told he was lucky he didnt lose both. Apparently he was at risk of
getting as more serious infection too, but he escaped that.
I would not want to spar with my balls as a valid target on a regular
basis. It's dangerous.
James

Sigurd Arne Strand

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

--------------9FAC2F1071FD75C985B60CB9

Richard Cowles wrote:

> I have heard of cases of ruptured testicles before and even internal
> bleeding. I would say the heart attack stories were just
> that.....stories.

I have actually read in a newspaper about a fight where a man died after
getting stomped in the groin. Two men were figthing at a party, and
after a while one of them ended up on
his back on the floor. The other man then placed a foot between his legs
and actually
"stood" in his groin to keep in control of him! The man on the floor
died! His hart had stoped as a nerveus reflex from the pain.
This happend some years ago here in Norway.

Sig.

--------------9FAC2F1071FD75C985B60CB9

<HTML>
Richard Cowles wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>I have heard of cases of ruptured testicles before and even internal
<BR>bleeding.&nbsp; I would say the heart attack stories were just
<BR>that.....stories.
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
<I>I have actually read in a newspaper about a fight where a man died after
getting stomped in the groin.&nbsp; Two men were figthing at a party, and
after a while one of them ended up on</I>
<BR><I>his back on the floor. The other man then placed a foot between
his legs and actually</I>
<BR><I>"stood" in his groin to keep in control of him! The man on the floor
died! His hart had stoped as a nerveus reflex from the pain.</I>
<BR><I>This happend some years ago here in Norway.</I>

<P><I>Sig.</I>
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------9FAC2F1071FD75C985B60CB9--

Alexander

Jul 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/5/97

One more story here.
When I was in high school, one of my classmate had a traffic accident.
He was riding a bike... not a hippie bike, it's a sport bike, something
like Yamaha or Honda CBR 400 RR. You know that kind of bike? the rider's
crotch is deep down between the seat and the fuel-tank. So, when he hit
the car, he didn't fly out... but his crotch hit on the fuel tank and
one of his testicle was ruined... doctor said that he would have problem
of reproduction, so his father decided to donate one testicle to him.

Anyother guy I know was not so lucky. He was riding a bike too... it's
also CBR 400 or Yamaha FZR....( I don't know why so many people still
ride sport bikes ) and he hit the car. The nerve of his penis was
damaged and it was disabled after that.

Be careful when you are sparring or riding a bike guys.... some damage
can't be cured for the whole life.

Alexander

Rajeev Venugopal

Jul 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/6/97

I kicked a guy in a fight square in the ballocks with almost no effect.
Mind you, he didn't feel much of what I hit him with, including breaking
one of his fingers; he looked pretty wired at any rate, which may have
something to do with it.
raj

Chris Klecker

Jul 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/6/97

you've never been kicked in the balls, have you? :)

--
| Chris Klecker
Soldier!! Why isn't your face all | klec...@cs.purdue.edu
covered in muck!!!! | Computer Science Major

Darryl

Jul 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/6/97

Rajeev Venugopal wrote:

People have an ability to ignore a tremendous amount of pain. I bet
you
his bollocks weren't too pleasant an asset for him the next day! For
people who say meditation and whatnot is a load of crap you may recall
a monk protesting the take over of his country by China. He sat in
meditation for awhile and then they set him on fire!!! He didn't move
or
scream. A kick in the nuts seems kind of puny compared to that!

Darryl

supoman

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

I have a cousin who lost a testicle after getting kicked
in the nuts in karate class.

supoman

TravIsGod

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

I got hit in the nuts with a softball thrown at full speed in HS...it
dropped me for about 5 minutes in serious pain. However, I've been kicked
pretty much full force in the nuts at the dojo - it hurts, but really just
makes me real mad. I have a reputation for very good pain and nerve
tolerance (they called me "the Terminator" at Arnis school, because the
tuite pressure point stuff doesn't work on me); I don't know if there was
any permanent damage from the softball...my girlfriend is now accidentally
pregnant, so I figure everything is intact. I think the problem is when
your nuts get crushed against your body, or each other - I've found that
sports clothes can promote this by holding your jewels too securely - I
train in boxers now.

Trav

Tom Parrish

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

There is a Chinese Martial arts documentary (in Cantonese) which
highlights the Beijing Wushu team and a young Jet Li, but also visits the
Shaolin Temple. The Shaolin monks go through some sick training,
including "conditioning" to minimize weak points on the human body,
including the throat and groin. Some ways they displayed the results were
by recieving direct strikes and punches to the throat, being hanged by a
rope, and (gulp) recieving full on kicks to the groin which were strong
enough to lift them off the ground. (I think it hurt me more than the
monk who was being hit!)

--Tom--

Frank Ishizaki

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

Can we please end this thread before I pass out...

Brad Craig

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

Doesn't sound like that temple is a likely location for a thriving sex
cult... ;-> Then again, who knows what hormones abound on the rebound
from such trauma. Did any of the monks grin idiotically afterward?

Brad

Jeri Massi

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

timwi...@att.com (supoman) wrote:

>supoman
You don't mean it flew right off, do you?

--Jeri

alternative address: jmm4...@glaxo.com
Visit Jeri's Dr. Who Fiction page!
Stories and images from the Third Doc's era:
http://www.pipeline.com/~jeriwho/index.html
What's the beef with beef? One beef eater's concerns:
http://www.pipeline.com/~jeriwho/beef.htm

James Ho

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

Tom Parrish wrote:

> There is a Chinese Martial arts documentary (in Cantonese) which
> highlights the Beijing Wushu team and a young Jet Li, but also visits the
> Shaolin Temple. The Shaolin monks go through some sick training,
> including "conditioning" to minimize weak points on the human body,
> including the throat and groin. Some ways they displayed the results were
> by recieving direct strikes and punches to the throat, being hanged by a
> rope, and (gulp) recieving full on kicks to the groin which were strong
> enough to lift them off the ground. (I think it hurt me more than the
> monk who was being hit!)

Just a small note: I think the monks have less uses for testicles than
we do! They may have conditioned themselves so that they either feel no
pain, or ignore it, but would the conditioning have resulted in...
um... sterility? An honest question here.

I wonder how they can condition themselves so effectively. The throat
(especially the windpipe) is pretty vulnerable and fragile, so how far
can conditioning go? How much protection for the fragile throat can
"thick skin" provide? And, for that matter, for the groin as well?

This reminds me of one of those "Men vs. Women" E-mail forwards I
received. It mentioned men and women watching sports. One man gets hit
solidly in the groin. The woman says "Ouch, that must have hurt." The
man doubles over and FEELS the pain...

--
|------------ Ashes to ashes... dust to fire - James Ho ------------|
|-------------- Remove NOSPAM from my address to reply --------------|

Rajeev Venugopal

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97
to TravIsGod

This is an interesting avenue to check out Trav. If I'm not misreading your post, you
wouldn't train in compression shorts or any tight fitting underwear....correct? And that
you prefer boxers?
How do you feel about the traditional way of training sans underwear?
Actually, this takes me back to one of the Aikido-L threads of training without
underwear.
Raj

Jacob Parnas

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

Its a death point if hit hard enough at the proper angle, in both men and women.

Jacob

bob ? bob ?

Jul 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/11/97

Mmmmhhh....

Depends on whether or not they catch you after they recover.....

Also, some kicks in the nads are only mildly fatal....

<heh, heh, heh>

doug (you gotta laff mate)

kbl...@rci.rogers.com

Jul 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/11/97

Only a little fatal.

nick gould

Jul 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/11/97

bob ? bob ? <ols...@ms.FAKETAG.com> wrote in article
<5q5em2$l...@sanews1.morgan.com>...

>My lover Rasheem was kicked in the balls once, they swelled up and were
sore for two weeks.

Vandit Kalia

Jul 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/11/97

It is slightly fatal.

Vandit Kalia || LET'S GO FLYERS!!!
"With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the
first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably"

Vandit Kalia

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

kbl...@rci.rogers.com wrote:
: Only a little fatal.

Beat you to it!

jamski

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97
It's not usuually fatal. You just wish you could die....
James

Jason Sheedy

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

I've got another story:

My first atempt at studying martial arts was in a small Karate school back
in the eighties. I only stayed for a few months because I didn't think
the head instructor was a very good teacher. But a friend of mine that
started at the school at the same time stuck with it and tested for his
brown belt years later. His brown belt test, he said, was a test of
endurance. He was told to hold a deep horse stance while the instructor
repeatedly kicked him in the groin. He never went back to that school
after that test.

Jason

Don

Jul 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/19/97

In <jsheedy-1807...@172.16.6.186> jsh...@it.berklee.edu

Dude, sounds like yer an Excellent judge of character.

-jeff

Carl Franklin

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

Jason Sheedy wrote:
> His brown belt test, he said, was a test of
> endurance. He was told to hold a deep horse stance while the instructor
> repeatedly kicked him in the groin. He never went back to that school
> after that test.

Probably because he couldn't walk!

At least we know he'd sing in a real pretty high voice. :-)

--
If the opposite of PRO is Con; then is the opposite of Progress - Congress?

Carl Franklin <car...@popd.ix.netcom.com>

<http://www.geocitities.com/WallStreet/4199>

Peter C. Everett

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

Vandit Kalia (vka...@red.seas.upenn.edu) wrote:
: kbl...@rci.rogers.com wrote:
: : Only a little fatal.

: Beat you to it!

Done properly it is a super-time-delay generation-skipping Dim Mak.

It leaves the kicked person relatively unharmed, but kills all of
his unconceived children.

It's a little-known fact that what killed Bruce Lee was a blow
of this kind received by his father from an angry, drunken Dim Mak
master outside a Honk Kong bar in 1930. This same master later
became a teacher of "Iron" John C. Kim who added it to his special
inner-circle CMD instructor training.

Enjoy,
Peter C. Everett
(heh heh, that should keep them busy for a while, while I put
"kick in balls" in my killfile)

Message has been deleted

Kung Fu Fighter

Jan 15, 2020, 1:09:34 AM1/15/20
alex481pe...@gmail.com wrote on 1/15/2020 12:33 AM:
> I use too do that marial arts ?. .

Do you mean "marital" arts?

Normally a good wife sucks the husband's balls, not kicks the husband in
the balls.

Please clarify your question in proper English.

Spladam

Feb 11, 2020, 11:14:56 PM2/11/20
On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 11:33:53 PM UTC-6, alex481pe...@gmail.com wrote:
> I use too do that marial arts ?. .

I've never seen a 22 year old thread necro before.

Josepsh Chavez

Sep 20, 2022, 5:06:13 AM9/20/22
Sports dude ?. .