Re: After gun ban, Serious stabbings rise by 50 per cent in Melbourne, Alfred Hospital data shows

Billy the pitbull

Apr 17, 2023, 2:20:02 AM4/17/23
On 10 Oct 2021, "Text-Drivers R Killers" <xeto...@yahoo.com> posted some
news:sk087e$79d$2...@news.dns-netz.com:

> Anonymous wrote
>
>> I'm laughing because liberals are so fucking stupid.

Australia's largest trauma hospital has seen an "alarming" increase in
stabbing injuries over the summer, prompting warnings more public
education may be needed.

The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne's inner south-east treated 63 stabbing
victims over December, January and February — a 50 per cent increase on
the same period last year.

Senior surgeon Joseph Mathew — who is the deputy director of the
hospital's health trauma services — said young people made up a
significant portion of the stabbing patients.

"It is quite alarming, because the age group that is represented in this
is between the ages of 15 and 30," Dr Mathew said.

"So the damage that has been done is quite devastating."

Dr Mathew said that, despite many patients presenting with quite small
external puncture wounds, there were "significant" internal injuries.

"A lot of them come in extremely close to dying," he said.

<https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-19/serious-stabbings-rise-by-50-per-
cent-in-victoria-hospital-data/100923448>

No shit stupids! It's the fucking people not the guns and knives.

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2023, 2:41:25 AM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:17:07 +1000, Billy the pitbull
<bark...@gungrabbers.org> wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2021, "Text-Drivers R Killers" <xeto...@yahoo.com> posted
> some
>
>> Anonymous wrote
>>
>>> I'm laughing because liberals are so fucking stupid.
>>>

> Australia's largest trauma hospital has seen an "alarming" increase in
> stabbing injuries over the summer, prompting warnings more public
> education may be needed.

There was never any gun ban and what restrictions
were applied after Port Arthur were DECADES ago.

Scout

Apr 17, 2023, 11:45:58 AM4/17/23

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:17:07 +1000, Billy the pitbull
> <bark...@gungrabbers.org> wrote:
>
>> On 10 Oct 2021, "Text-Drivers R Killers" <xeto...@yahoo.com> posted
>> some
>>
>>> Anonymous wrote

>> Australia's largest trauma hospital has seen an "alarming" increase in
>> stabbing injuries over the summer, prompting warnings more public
>> education may be needed.
>
> There was never any gun ban

Excellent, so those people didn't actually have to sell their guns or have
them be in violation of the law?

Sounds like a gun ban to me.

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2023, 12:04:32 PM4/17/23
Nope

> Sounds like a gun ban to me.

Then you need a new hearing aid.

Scout

Apr 17, 2023, 1:52:31 PM4/17/23

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Then why are people being arrested for guns that weren't turned in?

>> Sounds like a gun ban to me.
>
> Then you need a new hearing aid.

Nope, the truth does just fine.

Because there was nothing OPTIONAL about the buyback, rather it was
MANDATORY. You do know what that word means right?

Further those guns not turned in were banned. In that today it is a felony
to even be in possession of one.

Walks like a gun ban.. Talks like a gun ban. Smells like a gun ban..
because it was a gun ban.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 17, 2023, 2:32:34 PM4/17/23
On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 12:29:02 -0500, "Scout"
Wow. Just wow.

Maybe "ban" means something different in Australia, like "boot" means
"trunk" or "bonnet" means "hood."

Scout

Apr 17, 2023, 5:06:38 PM4/17/23

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:4r3r3ilpmhleqgkos...@Schadenfreude.com...
Perhaps, could just be that gun control advocate stupidity is universal.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 17, 2023, 5:38:35 PM4/17/23
Well, yeah, there's that, too.

Alder

Apr 17, 2023, 7:25:03 PM4/17/23
In article <op.13jyx...@pvr2.lan>
"Australia confiscated 650,000 guns"

Sounds like a defenseless country who surrended to politics to
me.

Lock up criminals and the mentally ill who misuse guns. Make
any politicians who advocate banning citizen owned guns some
cement boots and take them on a boat ride.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Apr 17, 2023, 7:40:06 PM4/17/23
Oh no no no!

The guns weren't confiscated!

They were voluntarily surrendered under the threat of imprisonment and
death.

LOL

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2023, 8:35:30 PM4/17/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 03:29:02 +1000, Scout
<me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

> "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 23:34:30 +1000, Scout
>> <me4...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Excellent, so those people didn't actually have to sell their guns or
>>> have them be in violation of the law?
>>
>> Nope

> Then why are people being arrested for guns that weren't turned in?

Because except with criminals, their guns do not need to be turned in.

>>> Sounds like a gun ban to me.

>> Then you need a new hearing aid.

> Nope,

Fraid so.

> the truth does just fine.

You wouldn't know what the truth was if it bit you on your lard arse.

> Because there was nothing OPTIONAL about the buyback,

Wrong, as always. You were free to hand back
the guns you no longer had any use for or were
not interested in keeping in a proper gun safe
with the cops free to inspect any time they liked.

> rather it was MANDATORY.

Wrong, as always.

> You do know what that word means right?

You don't have a fucking clue about our gun laws.

> Further those guns not turned in were banned.

Wrong, as always.

> In that today it is a felony to even be in possession of one.

Wrong, as always.

> Walks like a gun ban.. Talks like a gun ban. Smells like a gun ban..
> because it was a gun ban.

How odd that roughly half of those I know still have legal guns.

Some gun ban, fuckwit.

Rod Speed

Apr 17, 2023, 8:40:40 PM4/17/23
Just because some fool yank claims something...

> Sounds like a defenseless country

Then you need a new hearing aid too.

> who surrended to politics to
> me.

Have fun explaining how come half of those I know have legal guns.

> Lock up criminals and the mentally ill who misuse guns.

We do.

> Make
> any politicians who advocate banning citizen owned guns some
> cement boots and take them on a boat ride.

We lock those up too.

Scout

Apr 18, 2023, 9:23:57 AM4/18/23

"Klaus Schadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreude.löschen.@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:42fr3ipjbsb69pk2k...@Schadenfreude.com...
Occam's razor

Scout

Apr 18, 2023, 9:23:58 AM4/18/23

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
and since they are now criminals for not turning in their guns....

>>> Then you need a new hearing aid.
>
>> Nope,
>
> Fraid so.

unlike you I still hear, and understand, just fine.

>> the truth does just fine.
>
> You wouldn't know what the truth was if it bit you on your lard arse.

And yet, you are the one in denial of the truth. Australia imposed a gun
ban.

>> Because there was nothing OPTIONAL about the buyback,
>
> Wrong, as always. You were free to hand back
> the guns you no longer had any use for or were
> not interested in keeping in a proper gun safe
> with the cops free to inspect any time they liked.

So it wasn't a crime to keep those guns the government declared were being
made illegal?

>> rather it was MANDATORY.
>
> Wrong, as always.

Ok. show me then that it is perfectly legal for the people who owned the
guns prior to this who didn't sell them back are violating no law today.

I mean way all the amnesty turn-ins if the ownership isn't illegal?

Scout

Apr 18, 2023, 9:23:59 AM4/18/23

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Apparently in Australia if you don't accept the government programming you
are given an "hearing aid" to constantly whisper it into your ear until you
are brainwashed into believing such lies.

Rod Speed

Apr 18, 2023, 12:00:29 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 21:49:06 +1000, Scout
Nope, they were never required to turn in their guns you pig ignorant
clown.

>>> Nope,
>>
>> Fraid so.
>
> unlike you I still hear, and understand, just fine.

We can see that you don't. We have never banned all guns.

>>> the truth does just fine.
>>
>> You wouldn't know what the truth was if it bit you on your lard arse.
>
> And yet, you are the one in denial of the truth. Australia imposed a gun
> ban.

We have never banned all guns.

>>> Because there was nothing OPTIONAL about the buyback,
>>
>> Wrong, as always. You were free to hand back
>> the guns you no longer had any use for or were
>> not interested in keeping in a proper gun safe
>> with the cops free to inspect any time they liked.
>
> So it wasn't a crime to keep those guns the government declared were
> being made illegal?

Most guns were never made illegal.

>>> rather it was MANDATORY.
>>
>> Wrong, as always.
>
> Ok. show me then that it is perfectly legal for the people who owned the
> guns prior to this who didn't sell them back are violating no law today.

There are plenty of guns that are perfectly legal to own today.

> I mean way all the amnesty turn-ins if the ownership isn't illegal?

For those who no longer need their guns or who aren't interested
in the hassle of gun safes and the cops being allowed to inspect
your gun safe any time they feel like doing that, fuckwit.

Rod Speed

Apr 18, 2023, 12:02:13 PM4/18/23
On Tue, 18 Apr 2023 21:51:07 +1000, Scout
No such animal.

> you are given an "hearing aid" to constantly whisper it into your ear
> until you are brainwashed into believing such lies.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have
never ever had a fucking clue about anything at all, ever.