Re: Cops: 11-Year-Old Boy Home Alone Thwarted Invading Nigra Burglar With Machete

1 view

Harris America

Jun 28, 2022, 4:40:03 PM6/28/22
In article <rqpb0o$1h82$1...@neodome.net>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://rumble.com/v13bg4w-man-tries-to-rob-concealed-carry-class-is-shot-by-everyone.html
>
> They just keep getting dumber, I can't wait to see what excuses the protesters
> will have for this TNB. The officers at the scene should have summoned waste management.

MEBANE, NC — Authorities say a man broke into a North Carolina
home last Friday and was confronted by an 11-year-old resident
who whacked him in the head with a machete.

The failed burglar then allegedly went to a local hospital,
where he was arrested — but later escaped. Cops say they caught
the suspect two days later and he now remains in custody.

According to the Burlington Police Department, Jataveon Dashawn
Hall, 19, is accused of entering the residence through a window
while another accomplice rang the doorbell and a third waited
nearby. Eleven-year-old Braydon Smith, who was home alone,
called his mom as it happened and she, in turn, had someone call
911.

Once inside the house, police say, Hall allegedly used a pellet
gun he found in the living room to force Braydon into a closet.
Braydon said he kept cool because he knew the pellet gun wasn’t
loaded.

Braydon said, “When he went into the living room and turned his
back to me I grabbed my machete and ran into the living room and
hit him.” After a melee during which Hall allegedly kicked
Braydon, and the boy took another swing but missed, the would-be
thief is said to have noticed he was bleeding, dropped
everything, and took off.

The Orange County Sheriff’s Office alleges that Hall rushed to
UNC-Hillsborough Hospital to seek treatment for his injury.

While doctors were attending to Hall’s wounds, police reportedly
sent his description to area hospitals and obtained an arrest
warrant. Staffers working on Hall alerted the cops they thought
they had the suspect, and he was taken into custody upon being
discharged.

Authorities said Hall’s wounds, however, required further care.
He was then transferred to a second hospital, from where he
reportedly managed to escape.

After 40 hours of searching, police said they recaptured Hall at
his mother’s apartment on Sunday morning. The other two suspects
reportedly remain at large.

Afterward, Orange County Sheriff Charles Blackwood told the
press, “This is very tough kid who kept his wits about him… Not
only did this youngster thwart the larceny attempt, he created
blood evidence that very well may lead to a conviction in this
case.”

Still, Blackwood advised caution going forward, saying, “At the
same time, I want to reflect that this youngster, his family,
and, indeed, this community, are very lucky this event did not
have a tragic ending for the child.”

Talking to a reporter, Braydon Smith gave advice to the accused
suspect, saying, “You shouldn’t have done what you’ve done.
You’re better off to get a job than breaking into other people’s
house.”

The preteen hero further added, “I knew I had to act in the heat
of the moment. Always have your kids prepared for anything.”

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/crimefeed/survivor-
stories/cops-say-11-year-old-boy-home-alone-fought-off-burglar-
with-machete