Univ. of Idaho killer was 'sloppy,' left 'mess' of evidence, victim's family says

Leroy N. Soetoro

Nov 25, 2022, 4:55:33 PM11/25/22
https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/university-of-idaho-killer-was-allegedly-
sloppy/

The investigation into the brutal stabbing deaths of four University of
Idaho students is slow and painstaking because the killer was “sloppy” and
left a “mess” of evidence behind, according to the parents of a victim.

Steve and Kristi Goncalves, whose daughter Kaylee was one of the four
students killed at an off-campus house on Nov. 13, said they’ve been told
by police that examining the chaotic crime scene will take time.

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take
a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday.

“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

The grieving parents said police have not been able to confirm whether
they have DNA from the suspect, but that officials have set up a mobile
unit at the scene of the horrific crime in order to try to “expedite
things.”

The killer “made a mess there, and they’re going to have to go through
that point by point,” her father added.

During a Sunday press conference, officials with the Moscow Police
Department pleaded for patience as they enter their second week
investigating the quadruple homicide.

Police still believe the attack was targeted but could not divulge further
information.

“It was a complex and terrible crime and it will take some time to
resolve,” Moscow Police Chief James Fry said.

“We believe they’re targeted because we take a totality of all the
circumstances we’re looking at. Do we know any one person that was
targeted?” Fry said.

“We’re not able to say at this point in time due to our investigation, but
we still believe that.”

Authorities believe the four students — Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle,
Ethan Chapin and Goncalves — were stabbed to death in the early hours of
Nov. 13 while they slept. The three women were roommates and Chapin was in
a relationship with Kernodle.

Two of the victims were on the second floor and the other two victims were
on the third floor of the home. They were stabbed multiple times and some
had defensive wounds, police said.

Two other roommates were home but have been ruled out as suspects. The 911
call came from one of the roommates but Fry refused to share who made the
call.

The police chief also confirmed that other friends arrived at the home
around the time the call was made.

Fry also said police believed numerous calls to a mysterious man from
Goncalves and Mogen were not connected to the crime.

The parents of Goncalves told Fox News Digital that they believed the
person their daughter was calling, her ex-boyfriend Jack, was not involved
in the crime.

“They’re wasting their time with Jack. Jack is just as distraught as we
are. Jack is our family,” said her mother, Kristi Goncalves.

Law enforcement has received over 600 tips in the last week and conducted
90 interviews, Fry said, as authorities are still unsure where the killer,
or killers, could be hiding.

“We are looking everywhere that the evidence will lead us. I can’t say if
the person’s here, I can’t say what community the person’s in,” the chief
said. “We’re utilizing every resource we can to make that location of the
individual.”

Police originally insisted there was no threat to the community right
after the grisly discovery — but backtracked days later and urged
community members to be vigilant.

Dozens of FBI agents are assigned to the case, as well as state police, to
assist the Moscow Police Department.

No murder weapon had been located.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.