Re: Encina High School student stabbed during fight at Sacramento campus

1 view

bAN Mah gUNS!

May 3, 2022, 12:05:02 AM5/3/22
SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
A ninth-grade student at Encina Preparatory High School in
Sacramento was injured after being stabbed during a fight with
another student on Monday, authorities said.

This is the second stabbing in the San Juan Unified School District
in just over a month.

The wounded student was taken to a hospital with non-life-
threatening injuries and the other student, an 11th-grader was
handcuffed, the San Juan Unified School District and the Sacramento
County Sheriff's Office said.

School staff and the sheriff's office are investigating the
stabbing, which happened during first period Monday morning in the
rear of the campus on the blacktop in front of a P.E. class. Both
students involved were females.

Classes remained in session, but there was a lockdown and shelter-
in-place order in effect for a time as a precaution at Encina High
and Katherine Johnson Middle School, which share the same campus.
That shelter in place has since been lifted.

Sheriff's deputies spoke with both witnesses and students on campus.

Many Encina High School student parents picked their students up
early after the school’s lockdown and shelter-in-place were lifted.

“I felt super, super worried. Since the beginning of the year, this
is every single day is a fight,” said Sandra Adamss, a mother of
three students at San Juan Unified.

Adamss explained the victim is her daughter's friend and her
daughter witnessed the stabbing.

“She just saw the blood on the girl. It was just like something that
I didn’t expect and that’s why I came to pick them up because I feel
like so worried about what’s going on because this could happen to
our kids too,” Adamss said.

Last month, one eighth-grade girl stabbed another at Sierra Oaks K-8
School. It was the first stabbing at the district this year,
according to San Juan Unified staff.

San Juan Unified parents told KCRA 3 they want metal detectors and
backpack searches implemented across the district campuses to ensure
student safety.

“Safety and security on our campuses is our number one priority, and
of course, two incidents like this in the span of even one school
year is concerning,” said Raj Rai, director of communication at the
San Juan Unified School District.

The school district said it is open to the discussion of metal
detectors.

https://www.kcra.com/article/encina-high-school-student-hurt-in-
fight-at-sacramento-campus/39877717

bAN Mah gUNS!