Kite stores in Sarasota, FL

Philip Cameron

May 22, 2001, 6:42:48 PM5/22/01
I'm travelling to the US for vacation in the next few weeks and as the kites
there seen cheaper than in the UK I was hoping to buy a new one. I'm staying
in Siesta Key, FL which I'm told is right beside Sarasota. I havn't been to
the area before and was wondering if there were any local kite stores.
Thanks for any help,

Philip Cameron

Bob Pebly

May 22, 2001, 8:03:58 PM5/22/01
Don't know of any right in Sarasota, but just up the coast a little bit is Flash
Flights in Holmes Beach and Kitesville USA in Indian Rocks Beach. See Gomberg's
directory for addresses & #'s

http://www.gombergkites.com/dir2.html#FL

Bob

"Philip Cameron" <came...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Jonathan Leal

May 23, 2001, 2:37:45 AM5/23/01
Philip,
Take a short jaunt up to Holmes Beach (about a 40 minute drive depending on
traffic from Siesta Key.) It's on Anna Maria Island. Look for Flash Flights
kite shop in the Shells plaza at 3228 East Bay Dr. If you drop them an
email and let them know what you're looking for, they can get it in time for
your visit. Visit them on the web at www.flashflights.net
While you're in town, catch a fun fly with the Sun Coast Kite Club. We'll
be flying on the first Sunday of every month, which will be June 3rd. If
you'll be around at a different time, get in touch with us anyway and we'll
be happy to fly with you then, too. Look forward to hearing from you.
Jonathan Leal
Prez, Sun Coast Kite Club
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/kiteclub/kiteclub.html

Rich Courmettes

Jun 1, 2001, 1:18:03 AM6/1/01
Hi and welcome:

Best place to fly on Siesta Key is right on Siesta Beach Park at the south
end of the public beach. Other locals show up on weekends. Directions are here:

http://pws.prserv.net/pebly/flsites.html

Flashflights has a great selection of kites but you'll have to go back to
the mainland to get there since Siesta Key is not connected to Longboat or
Anna Maria Islands. Not a big problem off-season. Hope you're an AKA member!

Good Winds, "The Kite Wizard" (Rich Courmettes, Rochester, NY / Sarasota, FL)