[video] 6 and 8 club flat fronts on stage - no, really.

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 12:52:47 PM11/23/08

Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related

Sondre

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 12:59:18 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

Ok, I had to post the video as soon as I saw that. Now I've seen the whole
thing.

That's the most insane thing I have ever seen. 10 ring flat front flash
with a balance, 8 club flat fronts... you guys must see this video. It's
totally unbelievable, I am sure this guy flashes 9 clubs in practice with
not too much effort...

rhalf

Nov 23, 2008, 1:06:05 PM11/23/08
Sondre �verby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

((((((:o))))))

Adrian Pole

Nov 23, 2008, 1:09:51 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

where an earth do these crazy ass rusian jugglers come from? his 11 rings
was so clean....8 ring flatfronts with a balance...off the charts.

Michael Karas

Nov 23, 2008, 1:16:50 PM11/23/08
Adrian Pole wrote:

> Sondre Řverby wrote:
> >

> > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> >

> > Sondre
> >

> where an earth do these crazy ass rusian jugglers come from? his 11 rings
> was so clean....8 ring flatfronts with a balance...off the charts.

This really is insane! Geez, Sondre, how'd you stumble upon this video?

I'm really floored. Such skill! I always love these "invisible" jugglers
who come out of nowhere and just put everything we know into question.
I'm pretty well researched on the net at least, but then something like
this comes out and it's like ... i've never heard of this guy, and he's
killing one of the most difficult routines dropless on stage in front of
hundreds/thousands of people. It really makes you go, wow, this world is
very large and very unpredictable.

On second thought, I wonder about the techniques they use. First of all,
the flat fronts with straight elbows? Good for the human musculature?
I'm not sure.

Second, what kind of "clubs" are they using? They almost look home-made,
like bottle clubs.

And lastly, does anyone kind their club throwing technique to be odd
compared to what we're used to? A bit more outwardly thrown? For
example, when he switches from 5 clubs to 5 club bx, you don't see a whole
lot of change in terms of the shape of the club.

Very fascinating...

rootbeer

Nov 23, 2008, 1:22:52 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

That's truly amazing. I didn't know or even think anything that good could
be done so well. Thanks for sharing that.

P.S. This is my first post, I hope it works

JugglerPeter

Nov 23, 2008, 1:26:28 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

Totally and completely mind boggling. Astounding to think that these are
the skills that they have solid enough to perform!

The Void

Nov 23, 2008, 1:34:39 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:>
> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> Sondre

Not bad, if you like that sort of thing.

;-)

Nice find, Sondre.
And that'd be "Nicolai Gerasimov" in Roman script, I think.

The Void
Nice one, Cyril

Alan Thompson

Nov 23, 2008, 1:36:19 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

What the hell is going on? Who at these people?
This is impossible good.

The Void

Nov 23, 2008, 1:42:41 PM11/23/08
Alan Thompson wrote:
> Sondre Řverby wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related

> What the hell is going on?

Judging from the following two sentences, I'd say your brain is melting.

> Who at these people?
> This is impossible good.

The Void
Affecting by observing

ultimatewannabe

Nov 23, 2008, 1:50:14 PM11/23/08

Yes I noticed that too. I imagine that their technique makes some things
easier and some things harder. He really seemed to struggle with 6 rings,
pull off into 7 because he has to totally change the angle of the rings
almost 180 degrees. On the other hand that's hard to do no matter how you
do it so it might be difficult because it's the easiest trick and doesn't
get much practice.

I really wish he'd post practice videos :)

Little Paul

Nov 23, 2008, 1:50:34 PM11/23/08
On 2008-11-23, Sondre Øverby <sondre_...@sjonglering.com.nospam.com> wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related

That last trick's a kicker aint it! 10 ring flat front flash, with
a balance.

-Paul
--
paulseward.com - a photo a day for 2008
100jugglers.org - 100 pieces of signed juggling promotional material

David Cain

Nov 23, 2008, 2:13:10 PM11/23/08
This is Nikolai Gerasimov. I showed Anthony Gatto a video of him about
a year ago and he was very impressed. The eight clubs and 10 and 11
rings are new, though. This has got to be the best act in the world in
many regards. I'm glad that a video of him is finally available to
the public.

David Cain

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 2:34:04 PM11/23/08
Michael Karas wrote:

> This really is insane! Geez, Sondre, how'd you stumble upon this video?

Um.. I got the link from another Norwegian juggler who must have found it
somehow. I don't really know. He seems to be really obsessed with circus
stuff - well especially juggling - and he has found several completely
unknown videos before that he has shown me. None very noteworthy until
this one though...

He tells me he wants to juggle the same way as Kristian, Grigory and
Alexander does, and he watches a lot of Russian jugglers, so I suppose a
search for something like "Russian Juggler" found this for him. I don't
know, but I'll ask the next time he is on msn.

Sondre

David Ferman

Nov 23, 2008, 2:45:56 PM11/23/08
Are there any good videos of alexander or grigory? I've looked and all i
can find is that wjf video

stevearnold

Nov 23, 2008, 2:56:32 PM11/23/08
So this video has also unearthed a new female 7 club juggler....rare, and
noones mentioned it.

Steve

isaac

Nov 23, 2008, 2:56:52 PM11/23/08
He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?

A video of Grigory's act for you, David: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 3:03:35 PM11/23/08

I think I saw a holster there. Or am I wrong?

Sondre

Adrian Pole

Nov 23, 2008, 3:03:44 PM11/23/08
isaac wrote:

> He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?

pretty nifty, huh? and also, he must have immesnyl dexterous fingers in
order to release each ring so accuratelly and also so quickly...watch his
hands, and you'll see how fast there going.

> A video of Grigory's act for you, David:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o

Thomas Lins

Nov 23, 2008, 3:10:44 PM11/23/08
David Ferman wrote:

> Are there any good videos of alexander or grigory? I've looked and all i
> can find is that wjf video

This one (Koblikov):
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JCblDtiefWs

and this one (Grigory):
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iUU2-vw56Dc

Adrian Pole

Nov 23, 2008, 3:14:39 PM11/23/08
Little Paul wrote:

> On 2008-11-23, Sondre Øverby <sondre_...@sjonglering.com.nospam.com>
wrote:

> > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>
> That last trick's a kicker aint it! 10 ring flat front flash, with
> a balance.
>
> -Paul

a kicker?

it's a killer. Like every trick they do. yes...they? I think theres two:
one club juggler, and one ring.

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 3:24:53 PM11/23/08
Thomas Lins wrote:

> David Ferman wrote:
>
> > Are there any good videos of alexander or grigory? I've looked and all i
> > can find is that wjf video
>
> This one (Koblikov):
> http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JCblDtiefWs
>
> and this one (Grigory):
> http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iUU2-vw56Dc

Thanks. Now these guys are SMOOTH.

Sondre

Juggle12

Nov 23, 2008, 3:27:51 PM11/23/08
stevearnold wrote:

> So this video has also unearthed a new female 7 club juggler....rare, and
> noones mentioned it.
>
> Steve

That was wicked, and she had like very little stage warm-up. Run 5 clubs
and turn in a circle, then hit 7 catches with 7 clubs straight away.
-yes, I noticed.

Juggle12

Nov 23, 2008, 3:30:00 PM11/23/08

I wouldn't doubt it. But everything looked like effort judging by how much
his arms were moving. Considering the massive air space his cascade uses
I'm sure he's got a very good shot at mastering 9.

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 3:41:41 PM11/23/08

Yeah, and if the video David showed Anthony was relatively new I suppose
we can expect this guy to put 9 clubs in his act by 2012 ;)

Sondre

Kloob

Nov 23, 2008, 4:20:29 PM11/23/08
One thing that seems to be over looked is that the title and info are in
russian. Perhaps searching in syrillic (spelling?) would yeild more videos
that you are looking for.

rhalf

Nov 23, 2008, 4:44:58 PM11/23/08

jimifun

Nov 23, 2008, 5:08:13 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

i think this pissed on the western juggling bonfire. incredible.
i bet there are more of them....

KooKie

Nov 23, 2008, 7:05:45 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

5:27 - 5:33

Looks like someone forgot the popcorn ;-)

Seriously though, how could anyone avert their eyes to the insanery that
was going on. Not directed to those guys, they were probably stage hands
or something, but don't you hate it when someone is performing the
greatest routine ever and they're just coming and going like they're at a
Steven Seagal movie or something.

Kim

Erik Jernqvist

Nov 23, 2008, 7:50:55 PM11/23/08
isaac wrote:

> He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?

Some people have more than 10 fingers.

Sondre Øverby

Nov 23, 2008, 8:04:44 PM11/23/08
Erik Jernqvist wrote:

> isaac wrote:
> >
> > He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
>
> Some people have more than 10 fingers.

Adrian Pole showed me a grip you can use to hold 6 in one hand without
having more than 5 fingers. And it works.

Sondre

Erik Jernqvist

Nov 23, 2008, 8:10:44 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Erik Jernqvist wrote:
> >
> > isaac wrote:
> > >
> > > He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
> >
> > Some people have more than 10 fingers.
> >

> Adrian Pole showed me a grip you can use to hold 6 in one hand without
> having more than 5 fingers. And it works.
>
> Sondre

Just 5? Wow. The hand with 3 fingers holds 6 rings, right?

rhalf

Nov 23, 2008, 8:31:27 PM11/23/08
Erik Jernqvist wrote:

> Sondre �verby wrote:
> >
> > Erik Jernqvist wrote:

> > > Some people have more than 10 fingers.
> > >

> > Adrian Pole showed me a grip you can use to hold 6 in one hand without
> > having more than 5 fingers. And it works.
> >
> > Sondre
> >

> Just 5? Wow. The hand with 3 fingers holds 6 rings, right?

hah, you made my night... goodnight

zhorik

Nov 23, 2008, 8:34:08 PM11/23/08
Juggle12 wrote:

> stevearnold wrote:
> >
> > So this video has also unearthed a new female 7 club juggler....rare, and
> > noones mentioned it.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> That was wicked, and she had like very little stage warm-up. Run 5 clubs
> and turn in a circle, then hit 7 catches with 7 clubs straight away.
> -yes, I noticed.

Her name is Yulya, and she's Nikolai's sister. According to this news
story, she can juggle 8 clubs:
http://sevkray.ru/news/example.php?subaction=showfull&id=1149310860&archive=1149310800

-George

zhorik

Nov 23, 2008, 8:43:46 PM11/23/08

He's 29, so while he's phenomenal, his learning curve has probably slowed
down some, meaning 9 may be too much to hope for (at least in his act).
He's been performing the 10 rings with a balance and 11 rings without
holsters since at least 2004 (that's the earliest reference I found to
those being in his act so far). His father is also named Nikolai and was
a student of Alexander Kiss. The younger Nikolai was coached by his
father. The female juggler is his sister Yuliya. One news story I found
says she can juggle 8 clubs too.

-George

dnaygs

Nov 23, 2008, 9:07:59 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

very boring, and very impressive

Al Teal

Nov 23, 2008, 9:59:33 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

It was all incredible. I am ready to see nine clubs, but six club flats
would satisfy for now.

Why doesn't the entire world love this stuff?

Al

Al Teal

Nov 23, 2008, 10:33:47 PM11/23/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
>

> Sondre

Double post follows:

It looks like the five club cascade is juggled in a plane close to that of
five club backcrosses. It is a five club front cross pattern. I have never
seen this before.

peter pen

Nov 24, 2008, 1:40:11 AM11/24/08
Al Teal wrote:

> Sondre Řverby wrote:
> >

> > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> >

> > Sondre
> >

> It was all incredible. I am ready to see nine clubs, but six club flats
> would satisfy for now.
>
> Why doesn't the entire world love this stuff?
>
> Al

wow.
it seems like the entire world does love this stuff, there is juggling and
performance in every culture.
not everyone is as passionate and obsessive about juggling as the people
on this forum but that is probably a good thing.
most people would rather watch 22 people playing with one object than one
person playing with 11.
oh well.
still, these kids had an audience that seemed to value and appreciate what
they were seeing, and what they were seeing at the circus that day was
nuts.
when i went to see kooza recently some people liked the wheel of death
act, some people loved the chair balance act, i was a big fan of the
juggler.
and the punk rock trapeeze girl, she was hot.
wow, again.
that footage is devastating.
it seems unreal, like a cartoon or a movie or a magic trick or something
that is not really possible.
i predict this will become a trend.
we are going to start seeing videos of people doing nine clubs or 15 rings
or 13 ball bouncing and it will just turn out to be skillful computer
wizardry.
mark my words.
computers have fucked up juggling once, they will do it again.
cheers,
panic

Adrian Pole

Nov 24, 2008, 2:15:32 AM11/24/08

> Adrian Pole showed me a grip you can use to hold 6 in one hand without
> having more than 5 fingers. And it works.
>
> Sondre

(But you need really strong fingers)

Adrian Pole

Nov 24, 2008, 2:17:06 AM11/24/08

> Her name is Yulya, and she's Nikolai's sister. According to this news
> story, she can juggle 8 clubs:

http://sevkray.ru/news/example.php?subaction=showfull&id=1149310860&archive=1149310800

> -George

no way...they MUST have that wrong. Actually...anything possible after
seeing that video!

Adrian Pole

Nov 24, 2008, 2:21:12 AM11/24/08

> It looks like the five club cascade is juggled in a plane close to that of
> five club backcrosses. It is a five club front cross pattern. I have never
> seen this before.
>
> Al

yer. there almost like dips...when i first watched it I couldnt tell if it
where under the arms.

Daniele Caselli

Nov 24, 2008, 3:41:12 AM11/24/08
On 24/11/2008 zhorik wrote:

> He's 29, so while he's phenomenal, his learning curve
> has probably slowed down some, meaning 9 may be too
> much to hope for (at least in his act). He's been
> performing the 10 rings with a balance and 11 rings
> without holsters since at least 2004 (that's the
> earliest reference I found to those being in his act
> so far). His father is also named Nikolai and was a
> student of Alexander Kiss. The younger Nikolai was
> coached by his father. The female juggler is his
> sister Yuliya. One news story I found says she can
> juggle 8 clubs too.
>
> -George

Thanks George, might you also write the brothers names in
cyrillic?

Daniele

--

«Tristo è quel discepolo che non avanza il suo
maestro.»

Peter Bone

Nov 24, 2008, 4:42:25 AM11/24/08
Adrian Pole wrote:

> > It looks like the five club cascade is juggled in a plane close to that of
> > five club backcrosses. It is a five club front cross pattern. I have never
> > seen this before.
> >
> > Al
> >

> yer. there almost like dips...when i first watched it I couldnt tell if it
> where under the arms.

I got the impression that the clubs were incredibly light. Similar to the
kind of thing Evgeni Biljauer used. He seems to launch 4 from 1 hand with
just a flick of the wrist. This may explain the strange throwing style. It
was still amazing though. The 11 rings was amazing.
Pete

Daniele Caselli

Nov 24, 2008, 7:09:41 AM11/24/08

According to the official standard of both Russia and
the Commonwealth of Independent State (ISO 9:1995 once
known as GOST 2002) which I've already used in this
newsgroup, not only because it *is* the actual standard
for all the international publishing but also because it
keeps an usefull _one to one_ transcription ratio,
their names should be transcribed as:

*Nikolaj* Gerasimov ( Николай Герасимов )
- not Nikolai - and
*Ûliâ* Gerasimov ( Юлия Герасимов )
(while *Julia* Gerasimov is just for _lazy_ people...)

Daniele

--

«Gli italiani, generosissimi in tutto, non sono generosi
quando si tratta di pensare.»

Daniele Caselli

Nov 24, 2008, 7:21:52 AM11/24/08
Vasili is this about his father?

Герасимов Николай Дмитриевич Генеральный директор
ОАО"Стерлитамакский хлебокомбинат" РБ; родился 1 марта
1950 г., д. Владимировка Стерлитамакского района БАССР;
окончил Стерлитамакский государственный педагогический
институт, преподаватель русского языка и литературы;
1969-1977 - электромонтер Стерлитамакского
содово-цементного завода; 1977 - мастер производственного
обучения Стерлитамакского профтехучилища #22; 1977-1989-
инженер, зав. Дома физкультуры"Сода"; 1989-1990 - зам.
директора Стерлитамакского

Colin E.

Nov 24, 2008, 7:55:51 AM11/24/08
Sondre �verby wrote:

> Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related

Amazing skills, fascinating technique, godawful music.

Colin E.

zhorik

Nov 24, 2008, 9:22:11 AM11/24/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Vasili is this about his father?
>
> Герасимов Николай Дмитриевич
Генеральный директор
> ОАО"Стерлитамакский хлебокомбинат" Ð Б;

родился 1 марта
> 1950 г., д. Владимировка Стерлитамакского
района БАССÐ ;
> окончил Стерлитамакский государственный
педагогический
> институт, преподаватель русского языка и
литературы;
> 1969-1977 - электромонтер Стерлитамакского
> содово-цементного завода; 1977 - мастер
производственного
> обучения Стерлитамакского
профтехучилища #22; 1977-1989-
> инженер, зав. Дома физкультуры"Сода"; 1989-1990
- зам.
> директора Стерлитамакского
>
> Daniele

I would bet large sums of money, no it is not. I believe his father was a
juggler too and from the circus.

-George

zhorik

Nov 24, 2008, 9:25:56 AM11/24/08

Daniele, while I agree it would be great if everybody used the same
standard for transcriptions, the problem is that they don't. In large
part because stuff like Nikolaj just feels like a bad transliteration that
is phonetically misleading unless the reader knows the details of the
transcription system (which most don't).

zhorik

Nov 24, 2008, 10:57:51 AM11/24/08
Ok, this is definitely not about their father. The ruscircus.ru entry for
the son
(http://www.ruscircus.ru/cgi/encyc.pl?func=text&sellet=%C3&selword=1312)
gives a different birthyear for his father, and also a different
patronymic (middle) name.

In Cyrillic their names (and birthdates I've found) are:

&#1053;&#1080;&#1082;&#1086;&#1083;&#1072;&#1081;
&#1055;&#1072;&#1074;&#1083;&#1086;&#1074;&#1080;&#1095;
&#1043;&#1077;&#1088;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1084;&#1086;&#1074; (&#1088;.
28.6.1958) (father)
&#1053;&#1080;&#1082;&#1086;&#1083;&#1072;&#1081;
&#1053;&#1080;&#1082;&#1086;&#1083;&#1072;&#1077;&#1074;&#1080;&#1095;
&#1043;&#1077;&#1088;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1084;&#1086;&#1074; (&#1088;.
22.10.1979) (son)
&#1070;&#1083;&#1080;&#1103;
&#1053;&#1080;&#1082;&#1086;&#1083;&#1072;&#1077;&#1074;&#1085;&#1072;
&#1043;&#1077;&#1088;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1084;&#1086;&#1074;&#1072;
(daughter)

gastrai...@yahoo.com

Nov 24, 2008, 11:55:32 AM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 10:57�am, gastrainga2...@yahoo.com.nospam.com (zhorik)
wrote:

> zhorik wrote:
>
> > Daniele Caselli wrote:
>
> > > Vasili is this about his father?
>
> > > �������� ������ ����������
> > �������� ��������
> > > ���"�������������� ������������� �;
> > ������ 1 �����
> > > 1950 �., �. ����������� ����������������
> > ����� ���� ;
> > > ����� ���������������
>
> ���������������
>

> > ��������������
> > > ������� ������������ ������� ��� �
> > ����������;
> > > 1969-1977 - ����������� ����������������
> > > �����-��������� ������ 1977 - ������
> > �����������������
> > > ������� ����������������
> > ������������� #22; 1977-1989-
> > > ������� ��. ��� �����������"����";
> 1989-1990
> > - ��.
> > > �������� ����������������

> > > Daniele
>
> > I would bet large sums of money, no it is not. �I believe his father was a
> > juggler too and from the circus.
>
> > -George
>
> Ok, this is definitely not about their father. �The ruscircus.ru entry for
> the son
> (http://www.ruscircus.ru/cgi/encyc.pl?func=text&sellet=%C3&selword=1312)
> gives a different birthyear for his father, and also a different
> patronymic (middle) name.
>
> In Cyrillic their names (and birthdates I've found) are:

Strange, posting via juggling db seems to garble my encoding. Trying
again via Google Groups:

������ ��������� �������� (�. 22.10.1979)
��� ��������� ����������
������ ������� �������� (�. 28.6.1958)

KooKie

Nov 24, 2008, 12:38:53 PM11/24/08
dnaygs wrote:

> Sondre Řverby wrote:
> >

> > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> >

> > Sondre
> >

> very boring, and very impressive

"He was like: that 5 club mills was lame but that 2 ring trick, that was
nice"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iJSnAVAncXc

:)

Kim
(look! I clap my hands real loud, look at me!)

Rikard

Nov 24, 2008, 1:30:43 PM11/24/08
isaac wrote:

> He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
>
> A video of Grigory's act for you, David:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o

What I'm most confused about is how do they get that camera angle at 2:00

Rikard

rhalf

Nov 24, 2008, 1:32:15 PM11/24/08
KooKie wrote:

> dnaygs wrote:

> > Sondre �verby wrote:
> > >

> > > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> > >

> > > Sondre
> > >

> > very boring, and very impressive
> >

> "He was like: that 5 club mills was lame but that 2 ring trick, that was
> nice"
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iJSnAVAncXc
>
> :)
>
> Kim
> (look! I clap my hands real loud, look at me!)

HAHAHA!

Rikard

Nov 24, 2008, 1:33:57 PM11/24/08
Michael Karas wrote:

> Adrian Pole wrote:

> > Sondre Řverby wrote:
> > >

> > > Seriously, I'm not kidding. This is INSANE.
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPVaN5HzMQ&feature=related
> > >

> > > Sondre
> > >

> > where an earth do these crazy ass rusian jugglers come from? his 11 rings
> > was so clean....8 ring flatfronts with a balance...off the charts.
> >

> This really is insane! Geez, Sondre, how'd you stumble upon this video?
>
> I'm really floored. Such skill! I always love these "invisible" jugglers
> who come out of nowhere and just put everything we know into question.
> I'm pretty well researched on the net at least, but then something like
> this comes out and it's like ... i've never heard of this guy, and he's
> killing one of the most difficult routines dropless on stage in front of
> hundreds/thousands of people. It really makes you go, wow, this world is
> very large and very unpredictable.
>
> On second thought, I wonder about the techniques they use. First of all,
> the flat fronts with straight elbows? Good for the human musculature?
> I'm not sure.
>
> Second, what kind of "clubs" are they using? They almost look home-made,
> like bottle clubs.
>
> And lastly, does anyone kind their club throwing technique to be odd
> compared to what we're used to? A bit more outwardly thrown? For
> example, when he switches from 5 clubs to 5 club bx, you don't see a whole
> lot of change in terms of the shape of the club.
>
> Very fascinating...

If you look at the view of him doing 7 clubs from underneath.
then you can see that he swings his arms round in circles.

Rikard

Rikard

Nov 24, 2008, 1:42:29 PM11/24/08

When the show the other angle of him juggling 7 clubs (from underneath)
You can see that his arms swing round in a circular motion, causing the
clubs to spin sideways almost.

Vasili

Nov 24, 2008, 1:46:25 PM11/24/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 24/11/2008 zhorik wrote:
> >
> > He's 29, so while he's phenomenal, his learning curve
> > has probably slowed down some, meaning 9 may be too
> > much to hope for (at least in his act). He's been
> > performing the 10 rings with a balance and 11 rings
> > without holsters since at least 2004 (that's the
> > earliest reference I found to those being in his act
> > so far). His father is also named Nikolai and was a
> > student of Alexander Kiss. The younger Nikolai was
> > coached by his father. The female juggler is his
> > sister Yuliya. One news story I found says she can
> > juggle 8 clubs too.
> >
> > -George
>
> Thanks George, might you also write the brothers names in
> cyrillic?

Николай Герасимов, Юлия Герасимова.

rhalf

Nov 24, 2008, 1:56:16 PM11/24/08
Vasili wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > On 24/11/2008 zhorik wrote:
> > >
> > > He's 29, so while he's phenomenal, his learning curve
> > > has probably slowed down some, meaning 9 may be too
> > > much to hope for (at least in his act). He's been
> > > performing the 10 rings with a balance and 11 rings
> > > without holsters since at least 2004 (that's the
> > > earliest reference I found to those being in his act
> > > so far). His father is also named Nikolai and was a
> > > student of Alexander Kiss. The younger Nikolai was
> > > coached by his father. The female juggler is his
> > > sister Yuliya. One news story I found says she can
> > > juggle 8 clubs too.
> > >
> > > -George
> >
> > Thanks George, might you also write the brothers names in
> > cyrillic?
>
> ������� ���������, ����
����������.

hah, on my screen it looks like a bad joke.

Vasili

Nov 24, 2008, 2:42:08 PM11/24/08
rhalf wrote:

> hah, on my screen it looks like a bad joke.

On my screen it looks fine. Try to use Cyrillic (Windows) code.

Vasili

Nov 24, 2008, 2:53:38 PM11/24/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Vasili is this about his father?

No, both his first name and his last name are very common in Russia, so I
guess you should also type something like "juggling" in Russian when you
search.
"Juggling" in Russian is "Жонглирование".
Juggler - жонглёр.

Sondre Øverby

Nov 24, 2008, 3:37:47 PM11/24/08
Rikard wrote:

> isaac wrote:
> >
> > He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
> >
> > A video of Grigory's act for you, David:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o
> >

> What I'm most confused about is how do they get that camera angle at 2:00
>
> Rikard

Just move the camera really close to the guy and point it up, like you see
in the video. It's pretty easy.

Sondre

Adrian Pole

Nov 24, 2008, 3:47:23 PM11/24/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Rikard wrote:
> >
> > isaac wrote:
> > >
> > > He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
> > >
> > > A video of Grigory's act for you, David:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o
> > >

> > What I'm most confused about is how do they get that camera angle at 2:00
> >
> > Rikard
> >

> Just move the camera really close to the guy and point it up, like you see
> in the video. It's pretty easy.
>

> Sondre

I think he means...where did the camera come from?

Ady ;-)

Rikard

Nov 24, 2008, 4:06:49 PM11/24/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Rikard wrote:
> >
> > isaac wrote:
> > >
> > > He launched 11 rings from his hands... How?
> > >
> > > A video of Grigory's act for you, David:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQrUJKZV9o
> > >

> > What I'm most confused about is how do they get that camera angle at 2:00
> >
> > Rikard
> >

> Just move the camera really close to the guy and point it up, like you see
> in the video. It's pretty easy.
>

> Sondre

But they dont have a camera man there,

Rikard

hushypushy

Nov 24, 2008, 9:23:30 PM11/24/08

Ever think that it was possibly recorded at a different time and then
edited in? The video is quite obviously edited so it wouldn't be that
difficult to do.

-Matt

jimifun

Nov 24, 2008, 9:33:24 PM11/24/08

i think it was probally edited. but that dose not make it any easier!

Daniele Caselli

Nov 25, 2008, 5:41:29 AM11/25/08

As far as I've seen all the italian publications of the
last years use this standard for cyrillic texts, anyway
to let other know where the transcription comes from I've
also inserted the cyrillic version.
The readers have just to read articles like these ones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Russian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization#Cyrillic

*Another* thing is to pronounce these names! :-)
You might do an mp3 file :-P

Daniele

--

�È bello scrivere perché riunisce le due gioie:
parlare da solo e parlare a una folla.»

Daniele Caselli

Nov 25, 2008, 6:02:17 AM11/25/08
On 24/11/2008 gastrai...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Strange, posting via juggling db seems to garble my
> encoding. Trying again via Google Groups:
>
> яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН (яџН. 22.10.1979)
> яџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН
> яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН (яџН. 28.6.1958)

Hint: try a newsreader! If you use Windows I suggest
MesNews ( http://www.mesnews.net/gb/ )
or 40tude Dialog ( http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ )

This is how I read rec.juggling and other 2 NGs:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5150/recjugglingwithmesnewsgh1.png

Daniele

--

ТЋУ bello scrivere perchУЉ riunisce le due gioie:
parlare da solo e parlare a una folla.ТЛ

Daniele Caselli

Nov 25, 2008, 6:48:19 AM11/25/08
On 25/11/2008 Daniele Caselli wrote:
> On 24/11/2008 gastrai...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> Strange, posting via juggling db seems to garble my
>> encoding. Trying again via Google Groups:
>>
>> яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН (яџН. 22.10.1979)
>> яџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН
>> яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН яџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџНяџН (яџН. 28.6.1958)
>
> Hint: try a newsreader! If you use Windows I suggest
> MesNews ( http://www.mesnews.net/gb/ )
> or 40tude Dialog ( http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ )
>
> This is how I read rec.juggling and other 2 NGs:
> http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5150/recjugglingwithmesnewsgh1.png
>
> Daniele

I forgot to say that *if you use a free news server* [1]
(mine is provided by a provider, so it's not for free),
you can use this software *wherever you want* if you
saved it on an *USB pendrive*.
So it's like to have a more versatile IJDb newsgate
(www.jugglingdb.com/news) which you all use...

Daniele

[1] http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ et cetera...

--

ТЋTo define is to limit.ТЛ
Oscar Wilde, an ISO addicted :-)

Arron Sparks

Nov 25, 2008, 9:27:32 AM11/25/08

> where an earth do these crazy ass rusian jugglers come from?

Russia .

Arron

Sorry that's normally the kind of thing Void does but as he hadn't I felt
forced to step in on his behalf.

Daniele Caselli

Nov 25, 2008, 9:35:05 AM11/25/08
Zhorik and Vasili let's summarize for not russian people
like me:

Nikolaj Pavlovič Gerasimov ( Николай Павлович Герасимов )
is their father who is also a juggler and who was born on
28th June 1958.

Nikolaj Nikolaevič Gerasimov ( Николай Николаевич
Герасимов )
is the son and he is a fantastic juggler born on
22th October 1979.

Ûliâ Nikolaevia Gerasimova ( Юлия Николаевна Герасимова )
is the daughter, the only female we know who can do an 8
club flash in practice, as far as Zhorik told us.

Rikard

Nov 25, 2008, 12:58:26 PM11/25/08

Yeah i know it was edited.

Rikard

The Void

Nov 25, 2008, 1:09:42 PM11/25/08
Arron Sparks wrote:
> > where an earth do these crazy ass rusian jugglers come from?
> Russia .
>
> Sorry that's normally the kind of thing Void does but as he hadn't I felt
> forced to step in on his behalf.

Thanks, Arron. Greatly appreciated!

The Void
"Germany!"

Vasili

Nov 25, 2008, 2:58:55 PM11/25/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Zhorik and Vasili let's summarize for not russian people
> like me:
>
> Nikolaj Pavlovič Gerasimov ( Николай Павлович
Герасимов )
> is their father who is also a juggler and who was born on
> 28th June 1958.
>
> Nikolaj Nikolaevič Gerasimov ( Николай Николаевич
> Герасимов )
> is the son and he is a fantastic juggler born on
> 22th October 1979.
>
> Ûliâ Nikolaevia Gerasimova ( Юлия Николаевна
Герасимова )
> is the daughter, the only female we know who can do an 8
> club flash in practice, as far as Zhorik told us.
>
> Daniele

I am not sure about such symbols like "č", "Û", "â", but other stuff
looks proper. Except "Nikolaevia". I think it should be "Nikolaevna". And
I am not sure about 8 club flash by Yuliya.

zhorik

Nov 25, 2008, 4:45:05 PM11/25/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Zhorik and Vasili let's summarize for not russian people
> like me:
>
> > Ûliâ Nikolaevia Gerasimova ( Юлия Николаевна
Герасимова )
> is the daughter, the only female we know who can do an 8
> club flash in practice, as far as Zhorik told us.

To be clear, I found a newspaper article about their show from June 2006
that said "Yuliya juggles a record number of clubs - 8". The article is
quite clearly saying this about Yuliya, and not Nikolai.

I have no independent evidence to back this up, and the article doesn't
say anything about "flash" or "practice". So take it for whatever you
think it's worth. Given the skill level of the family, I'd take it as
evidence that maybe she's done a 8 club flash in practice. But I think we
all know that general audience press coverage of numbers juggling isn't
always terribly accurate.

Daniele Caselli

Nov 26, 2008, 7:14:40 AM11/26/08
On 25/11/2008 Vasili wrote:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:
>>
>> Zhorik and Vasili let's summarize for not russian
>> people like me:
>>
>> Nikolaj PavloviÄ Gerasimov ( Риколай
>> Павлович Ð“ÐµÑ€Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð¼Ð¾Ð² ) is their father
>> who is also a juggler and who was born on 28th June
>> 1958.
>>
>> Nikolaj NikolaeviÄ Gerasimov ( Риколай
>> Риколаевич Ð“ÐµÑ€Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð¼Ð¾Ð² )

>> is the son and he is a fantastic juggler born on
>> 22th October 1979.
>>
>> Ûliâ Nikolaevia Gerasimova ( ЮлиÑ
>> Риколаевна Ð“ÐµÑ€Ð°Ñ Ð¸Ð¼Ð¾Ð²Ð° ) is the
>> daughter, the only female we know who can do an 8 club
>> flash in practice, as far as Zhorik told us.
>>
>> Daniele
>
> I am not sure about such symbols like "Ä ", "Û", "â",
> but other stuff looks proper.

I just used the last ISO standards; time ago there were
other symbols (the same that are always used here in
rec.juggling and which avoid exotic accents like these)
but there's no one to one ratio between latin and
cyrillic symbols. For example time ago the "ч" was
transcribed
with "ch" hence with 2 symbols, now with that "č".

> Except "Nikolaevia". I think it should be "Nikolaevna".

*Thank you*! It's my fault, I've wrongly transcribed! :)

> And I am not sure about 8 club flash by Yuliya.

Me and zhorik too :-)

Daniele

--

How to improve your experience
of rec.juggling:

Daniele Caselli

Nov 26, 2008, 7:18:32 AM11/26/08
On 25/11/2008 Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Nikolaj Pavlovič Gerasimov - Николай Павлович Герасимов
>
> Nikolaj Nikolaevič Gerasimov - Николай Николаевич
> Герасимов
>
> Ûliâ Nikolaevia Gerasimova - Юлия Николаевна Герасимова

Sorry, I've wrongly transcribed her name:

Ûliâ Nikolaevna Gerasimova - Юлия Николаевна Герасимова

Dan