Thomas Dietz Video #1

Mark Probst

Sep 18, 2003, 6:06:43 PM9/18/03
Hi All!

Thomas "One Hour" Dietz and I made a video of some of the tricks of his we
filmed during the past few conventions. It's a little big (30MB), but I
can assure you that you won't regret downloading it:

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/jugglevids/thomas1.mpg

Comments, criticism, suggestions, etc, are very welcome. If you like the
video, we might even make a #2 :-)

Thomas sends greetings to everybody he knows, especially Olga, Vova, Matt
Hall and Luke Burrage.

bye
schani

Peter Bone

Sep 18, 2003, 6:42:39 PM9/18/03
Mark Probst wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Thomas "One Hour" Dietz and I made a video of some of the tricks of his we
> filmed during the past few conventions. It's a little big (30MB), but I
> can assure you that you won't regret downloading it:
>
> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/jugglevids/thomas1.mpg
>
> Comments, criticism, suggestions, etc, are very welcome. If you like the
> video, we might even make a #2 :-)

Wow. Those blind throws/catches are amazing!

Michael Karas

Sep 18, 2003, 8:01:11 PM9/18/03

Very cool video - I'd love to see a #2!

~mk

Adria M Moskowitz

Sep 19, 2003, 2:12:27 PM9/19/03
> Wow. Those blind throws/catches are amazing!

And he does them so bloody effortlessly!
Think I'll just crawl back into my garbage bag and hide under my desk.

grrf

Clarky

Sep 19, 2003, 6:22:22 PM9/19/03
Wow, that's some of the best ball juggling I've ever seen!!
You should definately make a second video.
Clarky

Matthew Hall

Sep 19, 2003, 8:36:22 PM9/19/03
Dear Mark and Thomas,

Outstanding video!! I was so stoked just to see you guys do your
thing at EJC (sorry we didn't get to talk, Mark. I pretty much mimed
"Hi!" to Thomas one day in the showers.).

You guys are studs. It's your world, we're just doing siteswaps in
it....

Peace,

Matt Hall

Jonathan Root

Sep 20, 2003, 1:14:23 AM9/20/03
I don't think wow is the right word. Perhaps WOW! That was amazing
and well, well, worth the download time. How can I get a copy of
that in a higher quality? That was truly great.

Jonathan Root

JAG

Sep 20, 2003, 1:30:38 AM9/20/03
juggle...@hotmail.com (Matthew Hall) posted the stuff preceded by a ">"
in article <c69bd7cd.0309...@posting.google.com> dated 19 Sep
2003 17:36:22 -0700

>Dear Mark and Thomas,
>
>Outstanding video!! I was so stoked just to see you guys do your
>thing at EJC (sorry we didn't get to talk, Mark. I pretty much mimed
>"Hi!" to Thomas one day in the showers.).
>
>You guys are studs. It's your world, we're just doing siteswaps in
>it....

Um, is it just me or did everyone shudder at the thought of Matt miming in
the shower with Thomas?

>"Mark Probst" <sch...@complang.tuwien.ac.at> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.09.18....@complang.tuwien.ac.at>...
>>

>> Thomas "One Hour" Dietz and I made a video of some of the tricks of his we
>> filmed during the past few conventions. It's a little big (30MB), but I
>> can assure you that you won't regret downloading it:
>>
>> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/jugglevids/thomas1.mpg
>>
>> Comments, criticism, suggestions, etc, are very welcome. If you like the
>> video, we might even make a #2 :-)

The tricks were amazing. Nice sound editing / choreography, too.

What's up with the grinning face at the beginning of the video? Was he
smoking something? And what is he saying? I don't read lips.
...JAG

Stefan Paridaen

Sep 20, 2003, 6:28:42 AM9/20/03

that's just an amazing video!
can't wait to see more!!

greetings to mark and thomas.

Stefan

Mark Thomas

Sep 20, 2003, 7:12:59 PM9/20/03
> Dear Mark and Thomas,

If only "and" was my middle name...

Luke Burrage

Sep 22, 2003, 7:31:54 AM9/22/03
Mark Probst wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Thomas "One Hour" Dietz and I made a video of some of the tricks of his we
> filmed during the past few conventions. It's a little big (30MB), but I
> can assure you that you won't regret downloading it:
>
> http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/jugglevids/thomas1.mpg
>
> Comments, criticism, suggestions, etc, are very welcome. If you like the
> video, we might even make a #2 :-)

I just watched it... all fantastic! My favorite tricks are when you steal
the balls and throw them back into the patterns. Very nice! More of the
same, please.

> Thomas sends greetings to everybody he knows, especially Olga, Vova, Matt
> Hall and Luke Burrage.

Say hi to him from me too and ask him to work on more multiplex stuff for
video number 2.

Lukas

Marco Paoletti

Sep 22, 2003, 11:16:34 AM9/22/03

the video is great and sometimes unbeliable (my english sucks i know) I
hope some day I can tape my self and share tricks as you do... i am
practicing nearlly al the videos but not the last one... after watching
the video 7 times I went directly to the park... please do a second
video... with 7 ball tricks if you can, and mulitplex... i know you dont
need ideas but what about tapping some of these tricks?? 9797971, 8888881
and the ones behind the back or 867 (is it possible i could never do that
for a long run)... i have some tapes of me but i have no clue on how to
put tehm on the net... i was trying to tape me doing the 7ball cascade,
half shower, and back to cascade but i had no luck today... ones more the
video is incredible, and i am learning a lot from it, thanks for shearing
and in a way teaching how to juggle, at least to me... marco

FreeJuggler

Sep 23, 2003, 12:34:57 AM9/23/03

Very, very impressive. It was definitely worth the
download. Thanks.

I have to say I liked all the 6 ball juggling as that's
something I'm trying to learn at the moment.

What was that crazy 6 ball siteswap at the end anyway?

FreeJuggler

JAG

Sep 23, 2003, 1:26:50 AM9/23/03
dann...@nycap.rr.com.nospam (FreeJuggler) posted the stuff preceded by a
">" in article <3f6fcd70$0$217$bed6...@news.gradwell.net> dated 23 Sep
2003 04:34:57 GMT

>Very, very impressive. It was definitely worth the
>download. Thanks.
>
>I have to say I liked all the 6 ball juggling as that's
>something I'm trying to learn at the moment.
>
>What was that crazy 6 ball siteswap at the end anyway?

It looked like b97531 with the 1 behind the back. The behind the back part
is hard to tell for sure from the distance it's at.
...JAG

J Jugglers Against Gravity
A http://www.bogleg.com/jag/
G jag(at)bogleg(dot)com

BackyardJuggler

Sep 24, 2003, 8:02:11 PM9/24/03
JAG wrote:

> It looked like b97531 with the 1 behind the back. The behind the back part
> is hard to tell for sure from the distance it's at.
> ....JAG

> J Jugglers Against Gravity
> A http://www.bogleg.com/jag/
> G jag(at)bogleg(dot)com

I thought it was 11-9-7-5-3-1 (with the 1 behind the back, yes).

What height would the ball in the first outdoor shot - thrown from five
ball cascade to four ball shower to eventually, a very long time later,
catching the high ball back to five ball cascade - rate? I can't do that
kind o math.

garrett

Itsik Orr

Sep 25, 2003, 4:25:08 AM9/25/03
BackyardJuggler wrote ...

> JAG wrote:
> > It looked like b97531 with the 1 behind the back.
> I thought it was 11-9-7-5-3-1

A 'b' in siteswap is infact an '11'. The reason letters are used for numbers
over 9 is to avoid the confusion between a double digits number (like '11')
and the equivalent two 1 digit numbers (like two '1's following each other),
without resorting to hyphens as you did. For example check out the
wonderfuly named patterns "orr" (with 26 balls) and "itzik" (with a more
modest 24 balls. I'm sure you can do it with a little practice). You can use
JuggleMaster java (found in my home page in .sig below) to see what they
look like.

--
Itsik Orr - http://www.juggler.net/orr
(club passing, simulators and Israeli convention)

Ferret1

Sep 26, 2003, 9:58:27 AM9/26/03
OH. My. God!!!

That was Incredible!

This video may have just converted a hard core contact juggler into a hard
core, hard practicing toss juggler. That was just amazing!

Ferret