Fill in my juggling survey, PLEASE

jugglingsurvey

Oct 23, 2004, 10:46:23 AM10/23/04
I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
internet.

The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
replies are better than none.

Full name:
Age:
Nationality:
Gender:

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling?
2. Who taught you to juggle?
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?
4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling?
5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?
2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
that number?
3. How many clubs can you flash?
4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5. How many rings can you flash?
6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?
8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
with that number?

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?
3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.
2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.
3. 441 Mills Mess.
4. 4 ball Mills Mess.
5. 5 ball Mills Mess.
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.
8. 66661 with 5 balls.
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.
16. Juggle with a head balance.
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):
1. What is your religion (if any)?:
2. What is your sexuality?
3. Are you a vegetarian?
4. Do you gamble?
5. Do you smoke?
6. Are you a heavy drinker?
7. Are you overweight?
8. Have you ever been in prison?
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
10. Have you ever been in prison?

chickenjuggler

Oct 23, 2004, 11:10:16 AM10/23/04

Full name:
Age: 14
Nationality: English
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling?

1 year

2. Who taught you to juggle?

I taught myself

3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?

1 hour

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling?

1/2 hour

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

All club cJuggling

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

3 Club dips (side on throws)

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?

Hobbyist

8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?

No

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

Yes

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

4 clubs solid

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?

I often flash 6 and have done 7 once.

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
that number?

5 - 100 catches

3. How many clubs can you flash?

4

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

4 - 8 catches

5. How many rings can you flash?

5

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

4 - about a minute

7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?

Don't do bounce juggling (i can do 3 sloidly but no more)

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
with that number?

I don't bounce juggle

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jason Garfield
Vova and Olga
Anthony Gatto
Toby Walker
Gena Shvartsman

Don't have any more favourites

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?

Don't know

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. No 4 ball Burkes Burrage.
2. No 534 with balls, rings or clubs.
3. No 441 Mills Mess.
4. No 4 ball Mills Mess.
5. No 5 ball Mills Mess.
6. Yes 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.
7. Yes Juggle any kind of prop over the head.
8. No 66661 with 5 balls.
9. No 5 catches of 3 club alberts.
10. No 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.
11. No 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.
12. No 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.
13. No More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.
14. No At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.
15. No 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.
16. No Juggle with a head balance.
17. No Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.
19. No A devilstick propeller in both directions.
20. No 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.

Some of those are very hard tricks

What happened to number 18?

Stephen Bent

Oct 23, 2004, 11:11:44 AM10/23/04

Full name: Stephen Bent
Age: 17
Nationality: American, but living abroad
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? About 5
2. Who taught you to juggle? My dad
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? I don`t
do it consistently, but it probably averages out to about 30 minutes a day.

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? 20 minutes

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Prop: clubs. style: uh, I dunno, what counts as a style?
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? It
changes depending on what I`m working on, but I really like 3 club
backcrosses.
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist trying
to force his way into performing
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? Yes
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? Yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Join the
Flying Karamazov Brothers. Oh, and learn 7 balls. Which are completely
unrelated

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 7, a little bit over 100 catches, not sure of the exact number
3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5, a little over 200 catches.
5. How many rings can you flash? I dunno, I don`t juggle rings, but I
could probably pull off a 6 ring flash if I worked at it for a little bit.

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5, and, I dunno, I don`t juggle rings.
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 7, about 30

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Howard Patterson
Rod Kimball
Mark Ettinger
Paul Magid
Tim Furst
Frank Olivier
Bill Berry
Jonathan Root
Jason Garfield
Rhys Thomas

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? I dunno, but the first one that comes to mind is
Jason Garifled`s "Jennings" trick where he simultaneously kicks up / drops
from a balance into 5 club backcrosses.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) I like all of
them, but to watch a whole show of, I prefer comedy.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. Yes
2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes, duno, yes
3. 441 Mills Mess. Yes
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. Not very long
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. Yes
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. I have a couple of times but it`s not
reliable
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. No
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. Yes
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No
16. Juggle with a head balance. Not very well, but yes
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. Yes
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: agnostic Christian
2. What is your sexuality? straight
3. Are you a vegetarian? no
4. Do you gamble? not really. I sometimes play poker using pennies, but
that doens`t really count.
5. Do you smoke? no
6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
7. Are you overweight? little bit
8. Have you ever been in prison? I did a juggling show in a prison once,
but no, not as an inmate
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? I don`t know what that means, so
probably not
10. Have you ever been in prison? Deja vu...

strach

Oct 23, 2004, 12:15:24 PM10/23/04

> Full name: Kuba
> Age: 21
> Nationality: POL
> Gender: M
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 1.5
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? a friend
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2h

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 20 min

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
balls, technical

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
1 round of 5b 744 millsmess

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?
hobbyist

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?
yes

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
yes

> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?
stable 5bmm, 5 clubs,7 balls

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 6 40
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4 200
> 5. How many rings can you flash?-

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?-

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number?
>

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Thomas Dietz, Anthony Gatto, Jason Garfield, Jay Gilligan, Marco Paoletti,
Boppo, Toby Walker, Mate Steinmatz, Stefan Sing & Philip Meyhoefer

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
db97531 - thomas dietz

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. Yes
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.Yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. Yes

> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. Yes

madjuggler

Oct 23, 2004, 12:35:48 PM10/23/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name: Martin King-Sheard
> Age: 29
> Nationality: UK
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 7
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? a friend several years before when iwas a bout
15
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1-24

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Club juggling - and i like good juggling
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? - 3
club backcrosses when they're going really well
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? a performing
hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? - backcrosses
with 5 clubs, consistent 6 club flash in fountain and triple double pattern,
and about a million other things

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 - about 75c
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 6

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 - about 500c
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 7

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
6 - about 30c
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 7 about 25c

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
>
> Ben Richter
> Jay Gilligan
> Manu Laude
> Anthony Gatto
> Vova Galchenko
> Bill Berry
> Toby Walker
> Luke Wilson
> i'm sure there are loads more!!!

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

> video) and who did it? hmmm - Gatto - six club scissors

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Beautiful juggling
with a technical edge - a la Gilligan, Ben Richter

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. y
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. y
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. y
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. y
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.n
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.y
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.y
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.y
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. n
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. y
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. n
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.n
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. y
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.n
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.n
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. y
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.n
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. y
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. n

Brian Gadomski

Oct 23, 2004, 12:37:38 PM10/23/04
Full name: Brian Burke Gadmoski
Age: 16
Nationality: Unamerican
Gender: M

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? Exactly 2
2. Who taught you to juggle? My brother.
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2-3

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? 1

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Rings
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 5
up out of 7 360 with rings.
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist who
performs.
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? Yes
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? Yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? To win the
2005 juniors competition.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 9

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 8 -- 16
3. How many clubs can you flash? 6

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5 a long time.
5. How many rings can you flash? 9

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 8 -20
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 7 - 14

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Garfield
Vova
Burrage
Deitz
Hall
Olga G
Josah Jones
Yabe
Gatto
Chris Laco

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?

db97531 - thomas dietz

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. No
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.Yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. Yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. Yes
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. Yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. Yes
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. Yes
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. Yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. (4)
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. Yes
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. No
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. Yes
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. Yes

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:

> 2. What is your sexuality? hetero
> 3. Are you a vegetarian? No
> 4. Do you gamble? No
> 5. Do you smoke? No
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? No
> 7. Are you overweight? No
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? No
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? No
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? No

Ronnie-Tarver

Oct 23, 2004, 12:37:54 PM10/23/04
> Full name: Ronald Carlos Tarver
> Age: 15
> Nationality: African American
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? Almost 1
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? A math teacher at my school
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2-3

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1-2
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? My
favorite props are clubs and my favorite style is body throws and pirouettes
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 3club
3up piroutte with doubles
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist for now
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to master body
throws and invent some of my own

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 6

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 6 - 12

> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 4
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4 - 19
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 4

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4 - 8
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 3

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 3 - as long as i want

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
Vova Galchenko
Olga Galchenko
Toby Walker
Jason Garfield
Anthony Gatto
Scotty Cavanaugh
Warren Hammod
Christian Hiach
Owen Morse
Jon Wee

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? 5 club 5 up pirouette with singles - Vova Galchenko

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Technical juggling

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. balls
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. no
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. no
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. no
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: Roman Catholic

> 2. What is your sexuality?
> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no
> 4. Do you gamble? no
> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
> 7. Are you overweight? no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? no

jugglerguy

Oct 23, 2004, 12:50:05 PM10/23/04
> Full name: Rob Abram
> Age: 36
> Nationality: USA
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 18
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? A friend in my college dorm
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 10 min.

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 12 min

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
three ball

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
yo-yo false shower (http://
homepage.mac.com/abramr/juggling)
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Yes, to have
fun.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 5

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 5, but I don't count. (about a minute is my probably my record)
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 3

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3 (a long time)
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 5

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3 (a long time)
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 5 (30 seconds - 1 minute???)

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jay Gilligan
Jeff Mason
Olga
Voga
Thomas Dietz
Bill Berry
Jonathon Root
Tommy Tropic
Anthony Gatto
Mark Nizer

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? A whole bunch of site swaps with a whole bunch of
balls and it was Thomas
Dietz doing it.

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Comedy juggling
unless it's REALLY REALLY
good technical juggling (like Dietz).

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. NO
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. No

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. No
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. No
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. No
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. YES! I can do one!!!! (I was
feeling like a slacker)
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. No
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. No
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. No
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. No
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. No
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. Yes (Another one!!!)
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: Catholic
> 2. What is your sexuality? Hetero
> 3. Are you a vegetarian? Hell no.
> 4. Do you gamble? Yes, but not a lot.

> 5. Do you smoke? No
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? No (12 oz. isn't heavy at all)

> 7. Are you overweight? No
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? No
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? I don't know how drugs are
classified, but I don't do illegal
drugs. Mostly just an occasional Motrin.
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? Not since question 8

Aidan

Oct 23, 2004, 1:32:49 PM10/23/04

> Full name:Aidan
> Age:38
> Nationality:Irish
> Gender:m

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling?
about 19

> 2. Who taught you to juggle?
me

> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?
<1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling?
<1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
passing clubs

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
7 club 3 count or maybe Bruno's nightmare

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?
hobbyist

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?
yes

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
probably

> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?
have fun

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?
6

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number?
6 13 catches

> 3. How many clubs can you flash?
4
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4 40 something catches

> 5. How many rings can you flash?
3 don't play with rings much. could probably do 5 if I tried.

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3 who cares

> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?
3 as per rings

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number?
3 who cares

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Jay Gilligan
> Sean Gandini
> Ben Beever
> Jason Garfield
> Tr'espasse (2)
> Compagnies III (3)

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
Yes

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. Yes, Well I can do 4 ball Burkes Barrage
> 2. 534 with balls. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. yes all three versions now:)
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. probably (never tried)
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no (wouldn't want to)
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. no
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:n
> 2. What is your sexuality?y
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?n
> 4. Do you gamble?y
> 5. Do you smoke?n
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?n
> 7. Are you overweight?n

> 8. Have you ever been in prison?
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?n
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? Yes. I visited someone.

Brian Campbell

Oct 23, 2004, 2:00:15 PM10/23/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> Full name: Brian Campbell (known as lambda on IJDb)
> Age: 22
> Nationality: American, of the United States variety
> Gender: M
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? .5 - only 6 months
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? I stopped by juggling club and asked someone there
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1-2

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1-2
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? 3 ball
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? hmm.... I've done 1/2 round of 4 ball mills mess, but that might not count. I guess right now that would be 5 ball splits, switching from regular to reverse cascade.
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist.
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? No
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? No
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Put together a performance, rubenstein's revenge, 4 ball mill's mess, 5 balls to 100 catches consistently.
>

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 5

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 5 - 15 catches
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 3
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number? 3 - about 40 catches
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 3
> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number? 3 - I dunno, only tried rings once
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 3

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 3 - I dunno, only tried bounding once.
>

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order: (yeah, I know, including groups means it's more than 10, but I can't really separate the groups)
> Michael Moschen
> Viktor Kee
> Luke Burrage
> Sean McKinney
> Gandini Juggling Project
> Flying Karamozov Brothers
> Vova + Olga
> Michael Karas
> Ben Jennings
> Toby Walker

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? Hmm... As far as the most beautiful single trick, 4 ball mills mess. I've seen several videos. As far as a hard technical trick, maybe 5 club mills mess by Toby Walker. It's hard to compare tricks, though. There are a lot that I like.
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
Artistic

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. No.
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. No.
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. No.
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. No.
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No.
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. No.
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes.
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. No.
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No.
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. No.
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No.
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. No.
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. No.
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No.
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No.
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. No.
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No.
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. Maybe. I haven't done any devilsticking in years.
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No.
>

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:
> 2. What is your sexuality?
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?
> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?
> 7. Are you overweight?
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

-- Brian

-bas-

Oct 23, 2004, 2:35:00 PM10/23/04
Full name: Sebastiaan Vanhaeren
Age: 17
Nationality: Belgian
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 2
2. Who taught you to juggle? a docent at the circusschool
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 45 min
- 1 hour

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? 30 minutes + lots of time thinking about it

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

a club , creative style but still juggling (no club swinging)
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 3
club flat mills mess

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? 6+7 ball
tricks, passing 13 clubs with 3 and 10 with 2 ppl, to pass 6 clubs in
2-count with 2p entirely in flats, 5 club tricks + pickings and many
others I cant think of right now

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 7, 31 catches
3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5, 38 catches
5. How many rings can you flash? 5,I have only 5 rings

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that
number?

7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 7, 14 catcbes

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Toby Walker
Sander De Cuyper
Anthony Gatto
Vova Galchenko
Jeroen Dervaux
Joris ...
Thomas Dietz
Jason Garfield without the attitude
Luke Burrage

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? 7 club backcrosses, Gatto

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical combined with creativity

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no, never tried
2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes

3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no

10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes

11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no

13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes

14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
16. Juggle with a head balance. no
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no

20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. yes

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: none
2. What is your sexuality? hetero
3. Are you a vegetarian? hell no

4. Do you gamble? no
5. Do you smoke? no
6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
7. Are you overweight? no

8. Have you ever been in prison? no
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? only soft
10. Have you ever been in prison? no

florian

Oct 23, 2004, 2:54:02 PM10/23/04
> Full name: Florian vandemeulebroucke
> Age: 14
> Nationality: Belgian
> Gender: male

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling?
2 years actual juggling, 3 years from the day i learned to juggle till
now, (so: i stopped for a year and then started again )

> 2. Who taught you to juggle?
some guy from circusjojo at my school,( it was a project)
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2
> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? probably 3 , don't know exactly

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
ball juggling , as much as possible styles
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 5551
and 4 b MM , 5 ball half shower and 7 ball flash
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? it changes
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? yes i have, i
want to be able to do 7 ball juggling( around 30 throws), i hope to be able to
do some tricks to, and i want to be able to do alot of 5 ball tricks,

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 6 and the 2 throws ARE the record
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 clubs and again : it's the record
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 5 ( i only have 5 )

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 rings, 30 throws
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? i cannot do bounce juggling
( don't have them )

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? i cannot do bounce juggling

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> olga, vova, luke burrage , jason garfield, thomas dietz, toby walker, niels
duinker,segev , ofek and michael menes

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) i like all juggling
, but my favorites are technical and artistic

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. working on it
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.no
> 3. 441 Mills Mess.no
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.working on it
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.working on it
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance .working on it
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.no

Floris

Oct 23, 2004, 4:11:29 PM10/23/04

> Full name: Floris Schuiling
> Age: 16
> Nationality: Dutch
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 2 1/4
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? I think I taught myself long ago, then I didn't
do it for a few years (I could only do a 3b cascade) and then I started doing
it seriously
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2 or 3

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? hmm... maybe half an hour
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? To
do: balls, To see: hmm... not sure, I've been stunned by ball jugglers and
club jugglers, but I think I prefer clubs. I love complex juggling with low
numbers... although I'm starting to fancy highger numbers as well.
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?5b
mills mess or 3b burkes barrage with the 4s backcrossed...
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? getting
well-known for originality would be cool, but it's not really a target or
anything... a consistent 5club cascade would be cool.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7, 56 catches
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 6

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5, 41 catches
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 6 I think...

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5, no idea what my record is, rings don't really interest me.
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5 perhaps

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? I think 4, no idea...

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Viktor Kee
> Malte Steinmetz
> Thomas Dietz
> Luke Burrage
> Sean McKinney
> Dave Nager
> Toby Walker
> Jason Garfield
> Michael Karas
> Bob (had to make ten...)

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? I love Malte Steinmetz sitting on his clubs in his
routine... but that's not really a trick. I still can't believe the 5 club
mills mess by toby walker...
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)artistic... with a
technical influence, but still artistic. I like it if somebody shows you
everyting he's got, like a wide range of tricks with a certain amount of a
certain object.

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess.yes

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.yes

> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.no
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.yes
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: atheist
> 2. What is your sexuality? heterosexual, with a bi-tendency
> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no, but I am aware of how and what I eat
> 4. Do you gamble?no
> 5. Do you smoke?no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?a bit
> 7. Are you overweight?no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?weed & hash... caffeine, alcohol,
nicotine
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? you asked me that alreay :)

marco

Oct 23, 2004, 5:13:01 PM10/23/04

"jugglingsurvey" <jugglin...@yahoo.co.uk.nospam> schreef in bericht news:417a6ebe$0$94914$bed6...@news.gradwell.net...

> [...]

> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. yes
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. sometimes yes
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:Christian
> 2. What is your sexuality?I love clubs and balls, but I' m hetero
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?yes
> 4. Do you gamble?no
> 5. Do you smoke?once in a while
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?no
> 7. Are you overweight?no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? again no

quinnurkey

Oct 23, 2004, 8:06:05 PM10/23/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name:Quinn Roberts
> Age:13
> Nationality:Canadian
> Gender:Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 1 1/2
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? My dad
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Balls, sport
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 5
ball cascade
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? performer
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? To promote
juggling as a sport

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 6

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 5, 54

> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 4
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3, never counted
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 5

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4, 20
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 4, don't count

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Jason Garfield, Thomas Dietz, jonathan Root, Bill berry, Albert Lucas, Ivan
Pecel, Todd Smith, Ben Jennings, Sergei Ignatov, Olga Galchenko, Vova
galchenko

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? 13 rings, albert lucas

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) technical

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. no
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. no
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. no
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:
> 2. What is your sexuality? male
> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no

> 4. Do you gamble? no
> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
> 7. Are you overweight? no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? no

Juggling_Arcs

Oct 23, 2004, 8:32:08 PM10/23/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name: Rory C Anderson
> Age:14
> Nationality:American
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 13 Months.
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Self tought.
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling?1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Don't have one
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? If
diabolo count the firecracker suicide, if not I don't have one.
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? I am a hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? No
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? I have
practiced at the libary if that counts>
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? five clubs
and five balls and tricks for each.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? five

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 4 balls and I have never counted for a record.
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? I only own three clubs.

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
Same as above: I only own three clubs.
> 5. How many rings can you flash? five.

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
Four and again I have not counted
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 3

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 3 and still have not counted
>

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order: I really don't
have any favorite jugglers.

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? Contact juggling with a fireball and I don't know who
did it.

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) None.

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. no
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. no
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. no
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.no
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. no
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. yes
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: Mormon
> 2. What is your sexuality? Male

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no
> 4. Do you gamble? no
> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
> 7. Are you overweight? no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? I don't know what you mean by this,
but the anwser should be NO
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? NOPE

Luke Burrage

Oct 23, 2004, 8:44:00 PM10/23/04

Here we go again...

Full name: Luke Burrage
Age: 22
Nationality: British
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling?

13

2. Who taught you to juggle?

The leader at a circus skills workshop.

3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?

None at the moment due to injury. Normally about 2 or 3.

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling?

Too many at the moment, due to injury. Normally about 1. Thinking about
juggling takes up much more of my time.

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Clubs but my favoutite style of juggling is mad 3 ball stuff. And 3 club
gladiators. And Volleyclub.

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

That is a hard question. My favourite trick is coming up with new tricks.
Otherwise a 4 club trick, but I can't decide which one.

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?

Fulltime amateur juggler with a performing bend.

8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?

Yes

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

Yes

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

I am 3 years into a 5 year plan to juggle 100 catches of 5 club
backcrosses. Other goals are juggling related but less to do with actual
juggling.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 12

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 9 - 21 catches
3. How many clubs can you flash? 7

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 6 - 15 catches
5. How many rings can you flash? 9

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 7 - can't remember
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 5 - about 100 catches

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Some of my favourite jugglers from this year...
Jay and Manu
Jochen and Florien
Stefan and Phillipe
Norbi the Juggler
Jenny the Juggler

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?

Francis Brunn's entire routine.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Something new, something creative.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.

I invented it. Didn't I say that last year? Actually, consider all my
answers in this section the same as last year...

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: Christian
2. What is your sexuality? Ambigusexual

3. Are you a vegetarian? No

4. Do you gamble? No, I learnt that lesson at Bristol losing money with
unlucky dice.
5. Do you smoke? No.
6. Are you a heavy drinker? No.
7. Are you overweight? No, underweight.
8. Have you ever been in prison? No
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? Not now canabis has been
reclassified. It has, right?
10. Have you ever been in prison? Still no.

adremeaux

Oct 23, 2004, 11:52:22 PM10/23/04
Full name: andy
Age: 20
Nationality: american
Gender: what?

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 2

2. Who taught you to juggle? myself
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? since gmail now sends me every rj message every
day, 1

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of

juggling? balls or clubs... style i dunno. im inclinded towards
siteswappy stuff myself (isnt everyone nowadays?)

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

5551 w/ 1 behind the back with clubs, i guess
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? yes

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record
with

that number? 6... record: 12, heh. 5 balls record 109
3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4. record: 113
5. How many rings can you flash? i think 5

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? i think 5
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5 though ive never
tried more

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your
record

with that number? 5.. dont know record

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order: err..
thomas dietz

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? there are a lot, but that video someone posted
when francis brunn died, of that spanish guy who copied his trick, it
was something like giraffe uni w/ 1 foot, spin 2 rings on other foot.
spin ball on stick, balance on head. 2 rings spinning on one arm w/
ball spinning on finger. 3 rings in one hand in other hand.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) technical (i
find siteswap type techincal much more impressive than gatto style)

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. for a few rounds

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes

3. 441 Mills Mess. yes
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. for a few rounds
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. i wish
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. hahha
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
16. Juggle with a head balance. workin on it (currently no)
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it
was

asked last year): err
1. What is your religion (if any)?: bright
2. What is your sexuality? umm, hetero

3. Are you a vegetarian? no

4. Do you gamble? lol wtf. i play poker sometimes

5. Do you smoke? no

6. Are you a heavy drinker? define heavy

7. Are you overweight? no

8. Have you ever been in prison? no
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
10. Have you ever been in prison? yes

aww come on thats all?

Rory Tatum

Oct 23, 2004, 11:58:23 PM10/23/04
Full name:Rory Tatum
Age:16
Nationality:American
Gender:Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling?

1 year.

2. Who taught you to juggle?

Klutz book and David Nayer

3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?

At least an hour.

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling?

At school, pretty much the whole day.

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of
juggling?

Balls are my favorite and I really like numbers juggling

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

5 ball pirouette.

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?

Hobbyist, but would like to perform.

8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?

No.

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

Yes.

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

Flashing lots and lots of balls.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?

8

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record
with
that number?

7, I think about 28 catches.

3. How many clubs can you flash?
4
4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that
number?

4, maybe 16 catches.

5. How many rings can you flash?
6
6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that
number?

5, 20 catches.

7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?

4

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your
record
with that number?

4, 12 catches.

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Luke Burrage
Ben Beever
Vova Galchenko
Olga Galchenko
Scott Sorensen
Jason Garfield
David Nayer
Anthony Gatto
Bill Berry
Matt Hall

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?

Thomas Dietz doing DB97531 was pretty amazing, that's the first
thing I thought of.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical
juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. No.

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. No

3. 441 Mills Mess. Yes.
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No.
[...]

popstar_dave

Oct 24, 2004, 12:22:23 AM10/24/04
Full name: David Cheetham
Age: 22
Nationality: Australian
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? I learnt 3-ball about 11 years
ago, but
only really got back into it about 2 years ago.
2. Who taught you to juggle? Initially, myself. Then, well... myself,
but with the help of
books and the internet, etc.
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? ~2

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? ~1

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Balls. And 5-ball
is starting to feel really good. But its hard to go past the flashy
3-ball stuff.

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

For pure
juggling, I really like a steady 5-ball cascade. But for tricks, then a
4-ball mills or even
just 3-ball rubinsteins is hard to beat.
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?Hobbyist
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yup...
about
1800!
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Get my 4 and
5 ball work
as smooth as my 3-ball is at the moment.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number?6 (about 14)
3. How many clubs can you flash? 4 (I've never tried 5)

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4 (13)
5. How many rings can you flash? 5

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4 (never
counted, I don't really do ring all that much.)
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? only ever tried 3

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? erm... 3, I guess. and I haven't counted.

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jay Gilian
Thomas Dietz
Jason Garfield
Olga Galchenko
Vova Galchenko
Toby Walker
Luke Burrage
Michael Karas
Ben Beever
Anthony Gatto

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? Oh man... that's a tough one. if it's
non-juggling related, then
garfield's arrogant audience play amuses me, no end! But if I have to
pick somehting
to do with juggling, then maybe Ori Roth's 4-ball fountain throw into a
head balance and
a blind, behind the back 3-ball cascade.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Technical and
comedy.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. N
2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Y
3. 441 Mills Mess. Y
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Y
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. N
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Y
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Y
8. 66661 with 5 balls. N
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. N
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. N
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. N
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. N
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. N
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. N
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. N
16. Juggle with a head balance. N
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. N
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. N
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. N

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: nothing specific...
2. What is your sexuality? straight
3. Are you a vegetarian? nope
4. Do you gamble? yes

5. Do you smoke? no

6. Are you a heavy drinker? no

7. Are you overweight? no

8. Have you ever been in prison? no
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
10. Have you ever been in prison? see question 8 of this section.

Marden117

Oct 24, 2004, 1:14:14 AM10/24/04
> Full name: Daniel Marden aka 1:17
> Age: 23
> Nationality: British (currently residing in Japan)
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 2.5
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Self-taught
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? Between 1-3

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Multiplex Ball Juggling

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
[3333]33 and 522[34][45]
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? No
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? Yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Achieve some
sick looking 9 and 10
ball multiplex tricks. Oh, and to also achieve a [33333] quintiplex catch
(sp?)

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8 balls

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 balls 15 catches regular style / 7 balls 56 catches multiplex
[444]2[333]
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? Never touched a club in my life

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
N/A See Q3
> 5. How many rings can you flash? I'm strictly a ball juggler so again N/A

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
N/A See Q5
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? I think you can guess my
answer

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? N/A

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> JuggleBoy - real name?
> Michael Karas
> Thomas Dietz
> Luke Burrage
> Jason Garfield

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? JuggleBoy 11 ball flash

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
> Strictly technical ball juggling - no piros or dumb penguin catches
>

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. Yes

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. Yes
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Yes, and 5 ball 522[34][45]
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. No
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. Don't touch clubs
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. See Q9
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. Don't do piros
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. Don't do dumb catches
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. See Q9
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. See Q9
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. Don't touch rings
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. Yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. Yes
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. Don't touch devilstick
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. Don't touch diabolo

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: None
> 2. What is your sexuality? Straight

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? No
> 4. Do you gamble? Only if I'm dealing the cards (^-^)v
> 5. Do you smoke? Depends upon what's in the roll
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? At the moment, yes

> 7. Are you overweight? No
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? No
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? Yes, usually once a week
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? No

Warren Hammond

Oct 24, 2004, 1:48:39 AM10/24/04
Hope this helps

> Full name: Warren Hammond
> Age: 23
> Nationality: American
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 9
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

> talking about juggling? .5

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Bean Bags, and technical juggling
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 5
club backcrosses
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? To be the best
technical juggler with a Ph.D. Specific tricks though include, qualify 5 club
backcrosses, 5 club 5 up 360, 6 club qualify, 7 club flash, 10 ball flash, 7
balls comfortably, a few 7 ball siteswaps comfortably, 7 ball 5 up 360, 7
rings comfortably, 9 ring flash, 5 ring pancakes comfortably, 3 club alberts
and treblas comfortably and as close to perfect technique as I can get

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 9

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

> that number? 7 qualify, 66 catches
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 6

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

5 clubs, approximately 150 catches
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 8

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

7 rings, 21 catches
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

> with that number? 7, 30 catches

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

> Anthony Gatto
> Jay Gilligan
> Denis Paumier
> Evgeni Biljauer
> Vova Galchenko
> Jason Garfield
> Sergei Ignatov
> Francis Brunn
> Vladik Miagkostoupov
> Enrico Rastelli

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

> video) and who did it? 7 club 5 up 360 by Anthony Gatto

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Technical

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. yes
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. yes
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. yes
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. yes
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. yes
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. yes

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: Lutheran
> 2. What is your sexuality? Heterosexual

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no

> 4. Do you gamble? no

> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
> 7. Are you overweight? no

> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? not since about 10 seconds ago

Schwolop

Oct 24, 2004, 3:04:50 AM10/24/04
Full name: Tom Allen (but I don't see why you need this)
Age: 20
Nationality: Australian
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 2 years, 8 months
2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? One or
less

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? One or less

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

Balls, 3 ball crazy stuff

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

97531 or my 4 ball multiplex
twist thingy
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to be able to
juggle seven balls fluidly
with tricks for as long as I want (within reason...)

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 7, 42 catches

3. How many clubs can you flash? 4
4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4 - 30 something
5. How many rings can you flash? 5

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5 - 10 catches because I
hate rings. Someone asked me if I could qualify 5 rings so I did it and
I've never tried again since.
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 5 - 12 catches I think

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Thomas Dietz for insane technical stuff
Jay Gilligan for insane artistic or freaky stuff
the 3 guys who did 3 ball improv at EJC2002 for inspiration
Toto from Chile for insane stuff
Luke Burrage for theoretical stuff
Jason Garfield for comedy and because sometimes the juggling is
interesting too
Steve Mills and Rick Rubenstein for creating two brilliant tricks that
have inspired at least 40 of my
variations

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? DB07531 by Thomas Dietz

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) Technical and
Artistic put together

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes, and my own variations

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. yes, but only just qualified it
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes, once
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. not yet - getting close
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. yes, but probably not the type
you're thinking of
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
16. Juggle with a head balance. no
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. yes
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: atheist
2. What is your sexuality? hetro

3. Are you a vegetarian? no

4. Do you gamble? no, but i did yesterday!

5. Do you smoke? no

6. Are you a heavy drinker? yes, but i'm a student so its ok...

7. Are you overweight? no

8. Have you ever been in prison? yes, but it was on a tour
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? yes, but the tour guide didn't
know about it
10. Have you ever been in prison? my memory is fine, thank you.

Norbi

Oct 24, 2004, 7:58:24 AM10/24/04

Full name: surely that’s a bit personal? Norbi Whitney will do.
Age: 17
Nationality: Great British

Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 2
2. Who taught you to juggle? My mum, school frend and skater frend.
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 3

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling? 2

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Rings, technical
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 6
ring 4up pirouette, or 5 rings pancakes
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Performer
(with a hint of hobby)
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
yes
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? 11 rings,
become professional

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8
2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record
with
that number? 7-14
3. How many clubs can you flash?5

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that
number?5 26
5. How many rings can you flash?8

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that
number?7 22
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your
record
with that number? 4-Don’t know

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
Jay Gilligan
Manu Laude
Olga Galchenko
Toby Walker
Eugine Bilia (sp?)
Kristian Wanvik
Sergei Ignatov
Sergey Ignatov
Anthony Gatto

Jason Garfield

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it? Dunno, uh.... 5R5up dbl pirouette (vid), 3stage
exchange 5 club triple pirouette (live)

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc): Tech

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
1. 4 ball Burkes Barrage. yes

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
3. 441 Mills Mess. yes
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. yes
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. Dunno, so I guess no
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. yes
16. Juggle with a head balance. yes
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. yes

20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. yes

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I don’t really want to know
but it was asked last year):
1. What is your religion (if any)?: none
2. What is your sexuality? straight

3. Are you a vegetarian? no
4. Do you gamble? no
5. Do you smoke? no
6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
7. Are you overweight? A little
8. Have you ever been in prison? no

9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
10. Have you ever been in prison? Yes, lol

norbi
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk

juggling jacko

Oct 24, 2004, 9:11:14 AM10/24/04
Full name: Jack Brooks
Age: 15
Nationality: Australian
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 3-4
2. Who taught you to juggle? a book
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1 if I
am lucky

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? hours and hours

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

beanbags and siteswaps
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 8
ball flash (only just landed it yesterday!!!)
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? probably
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes,
stacks of people
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? none really,
just to get gradually better

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 7 - 45 catches
3. How many clubs can you flash? 4/5

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4 -20 catches

5. How many rings can you flash? 6
6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 5 - 100+
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 5 - 1 minute plus

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jason Garfield
Ben Beever
Luke Burrage
Anthony Gatto
Thomas Dietz

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? the impossible trick - Francis Brunn

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Siteswaps and anything new or creative.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. sortof (not many people really do the hand
movements correctly!!!)

7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes

8. 66661 with 5 balls (its only valid with 5!). yes
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no way
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. nup
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. nup
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
16. Juggle with a head balance. sortof
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. yep
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: atheist - none
3. Are you a vegetarian? no
4. Do you gamble?no
5. Do you smoke?no

6. Are you a heavy drinker?no
7. Are you overweight?no

8. Have you ever been in prison?no
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?no
10. Have you ever been in prison? (see q.8)

Juggling jacko

Orinoco

Oct 24, 2004, 10:28:20 AM10/24/04
> Full name: Jonathan Relf
> Age: 25
> Nationality: English
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 11
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? less than
half

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
balls, freestyle

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
strangle catching droppings type pattern thingy
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hoobyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to keep learning
>

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7, no idea
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5, no idea
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 4

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4, no idea
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 4, no idea

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jay Gilligan
Viktor Kee
Maksim Komaro
Jamie Fletcher
Toby Walker
Sean Gandini
Manu Laude
Malte Steinmeitz
Ben Jennings
Rod Laver

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

> video) and who did it? 5 club mills mess by Toby Walker

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) - artistic

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. yes
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. yes
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. yes

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: atheist
> 2. What is your sexuality? hetero

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no
> 4. Do you gamble? no
> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no

> 7. Are you overweight? no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? not since the last time you asked

Hunter

Oct 24, 2004, 11:55:25 AM10/24/04
YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? About 3

2. Who taught you to juggle? Me

3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?

About 10 mins average per week. Of course, this number was higher
when I started juggling...I'm kinda burned out now.

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? About 30 mins per week

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of
juggling?

I juggle balls...as far as style goes...everyone has his/her own (or
should).

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

4bMM, anything with three balls that makes people look at me with an
expression on their faces similar to that of a dog watching cartoons
(same goes for 5).

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist

8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? Yes

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

Yes

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

Nope...I'm just along for the ride.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? Flashed 7 once

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record
with

that number? Qualified six once

3. How many clubs can you flash? 4 (but don't tell anyone...see below)

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? I hate clubs.

5. How many rings can you flash? Flashed 5 once.

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? Dunno

7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your
record

with that number? 5...about 50 or so

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Viktor Kee
Maksim Komaro
Thomas Dietz
Saw some bald guy ripping three balls on a video...don't know his
name, but he kicked ass
Anyone who I can learn from
Dan Grider (just 'cuz he's a cool cat...where are you now, Dan?)

abe_normal

Oct 24, 2004, 1:27:04 PM10/24/04

Full name: abe normal
> Age: 28
> Nationality: American

> Gender: m
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
Ø 1. How many years have you been juggling? 1y 8m
Ø 2. Who taught you to juggle? my father in law
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 4-5

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 2

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
This is a tough question but I’ve come to think of balls, clubs, and rings as
the holy trinity of juggling. As for favoutie style well mine of course
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
4-ball mills mess
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? performer

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? Yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? To constantly
get better

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 17 catches
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 20 catches
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 5

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 40 catches
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 7

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 5 over 200 catches
>

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
Ø performers:
Ø Anthony gatto
Ø Jay Gillian
Ø Hilby
Ø All of the creative force of Peapot
Ø Vova and Olga

Non-performers (hobbist just sounds to light for what you guys do)
1. Toby Walker
2. Thomas Dietz
3. Ben Beever
4. Bruce Tiemann
5. Luke Burrage

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? Juggling 4 clubs w/ a ball balanced on a club
balanced on forhead into juggling 5 clubs while heading ball—Toby Walker
from some ejc04 video

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,

comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) All of them are
good but when you combine different aspects of them in to one style it
can be magic.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. yes
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes

> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no

> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. yes
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no

> 16. Juggle with a head balance. No
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no

> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. yes
>

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:

> 2. What is your sexuality?

> 3. Are you a vegetarian?

> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?

> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?

> 7. Are you overweight?

> 8. Have you ever been in prison?

> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?

> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

Daan Yperman

Oct 24, 2004, 2:10:20 PM10/24/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name: Daan Yperman
> Age: 16
> Nationality: Belgian

> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? I think 2,5
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? A teacher at a sportweek, my brother-in-law
teached me 3 balls
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? week:
+/-3, weekend: not that much (+/- 0.5-1 hour)

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling?
Week: 0, weekend: hmm, +/- the whole weekend...

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Prop: balls, Style: I like watching numbers, swaps en pirouettes

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
Hmm, I like every trick I created myself.

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?
hobbyist

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?
Yeah, but I don't like it that much and I don't want to do it that much.

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
Yeah, but I'll never do that again, it sucks!

> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?
Flashing 9, 6b 4up 360, 4b 1 hand 3up 360 and all other aims are
creativity!

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8b

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7, don't know the record
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? Don't juggle clubs

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4c, don't know the number, quite a lot, but I'm not really interested in
clubs
> 5. How many rings can you flash? I juggle 5r

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
Juggle 5 rings, don't know the record
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 4, don't know the record

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
- Maksim Komaro (experimental)
- Thomas Dietz (numbers)
- Luke Burrage (because what he does is pure fun)
- Niels Duinker (because he rocks juggling in our countrys and because
he's one of the best upcomming jugglers I think)
- Viktor Kee (artistic)

This is my top 5, I don't want to add more, because these are my very
favorites.

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?

Don't know. Probably some Peapot stuff, or Maksim Komaro. 7b 5up 360 by
Jason Garfield I find quite impressive!

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Sure NO comedy!!! Artistic is great when it is performed good, technical
is great as well!

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. No

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. No
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. A little bit, practicing on it
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. Yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. Never done, I will try it this week, thanks!
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. Yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No. Practicing on 5b up
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. Usually not, a few times, when I
was lucky: Yes
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. No
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. A little bit
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. A little bit
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. No, not at all, not even
interested in it
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No (sometime I try 2d just for fun,
but I can't do it for more than 20 catches (I can't even do it 10 I think)

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: Katholic born, atheďst now
> 2. What is your sexuality? hetero

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? No

> 4. Do you gamble? No
> 5. Do you smoke? No

> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? Hmm, no (depends on what's called 'heavy')

> 7. Are you overweight? No

> 8. Have you ever been in prison? No
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? No
> 10. Have you ever been in prison? No

jonudry

Oct 24, 2004, 3:56:18 PM10/24/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name:Jon Udry
> Age:15
> Nationality:British (cornish)
> Gender:male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 3 and a bit
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? myself
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? about 1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? about 5
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? i
like hardcore juggling
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?fav
trick at the mo is a 5-up piroette

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yea

> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?
Balls: flash 9, have a solid 7 (with tricks), juggle 8, solid 5-ups, and
solid 3-up doubles would be nice!
> Clubs: 5 club backcrosses

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8
> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7: 39 catches
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? ive flashed 6 once

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5: over 80 catches
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 7

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
6: over 30 catches

> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5
> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 3! um, im crp at bounce juggling!
>

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Jay Gilligan, Manu Laude, Owen Reynolds, Big Grey, Ben Beaver, Lukas, Matt
Hall, Bill Berry, Pete bone, Toby Walker

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? Toby's six clubs on doubles

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
> um, i just like it when the juggler really gets into what he/she is doing.
they have to have some sort of attitude or a realy interesting character. i
dunno wat that style is called!

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.yes

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess.yes
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.yes
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.yes
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.yes

> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.yes
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.yes
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.yes (sometimes)
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.yes
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.yes
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.yes
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.yes

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:none, but i lean more towards
christianity than any
> 2. What is your sexuality?straight
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?no
> 4. Do you gamble?sometimes

> 5. Do you smoke?no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?no
> 7. Are you overweight?no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?im 15! no.
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?you asked that, no

Michael Karas

Oct 24, 2004, 4:53:36 PM10/24/04

> Full name: Michael Karas
> Age: 19
> Nationality: American
> Gender: Male

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 3
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? a fellow cast member in a Christmas show
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? the
ball, artistic
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 4
ball shower explosion
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? performer
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? My goal is to
master the juggling of 7 balls, 5 clubs, and 5 rings and all numbers below
that and then spend the rest of my life creating completely original
manipulation ideas. In terms of performance, I would like to eventually start
my own company that would combine dance, theater, and juggling and tour the
world.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 (32)
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 (50)
> 5. How many rings can you flash? 6

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
5 (over 150)

> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5
> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 5 (I forget - a servicable run)

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
>
> Michael Karas
Maksim Komaro
Toby Walker
Ville Walo
Jay Gilligan
Malte Steinmetz
Nakkinen
Luke Wilson
Manu Laude
Vova Galchenko

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? Artistic: Maksim Komaro's wrist trap routine in
Radical Club News. Technical: Toby Walker's 5 club single-flat halfshower

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? I enjoy juggling that
surprises me, juggling that I'm not expecting, juggling that makes me go,
"wait a second! What did she just do!?" Sometimes that's artistic,
sometime's that's technical.

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. yes

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess. yes

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. not yet
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes

> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes

> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. yes
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. not yet

> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. yes

> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. not yet
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. yes

> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. yes

> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. not yet
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. not yet
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. not yet
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. not yet
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: episcopalian
> 2. What is your sexuality? I like women

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no
> 4. Do you gamble? no
> 5. Do you smoke? no
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
> 7. Are you overweight? no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? no

> 10. Have you ever been in prison? no

Kyle Lebeau

Oct 24, 2004, 5:49:12 PM10/24/04
Full name: Kyle Lebeau
Age: 19
Nationality: Canadian
Gender: male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? exactly 1
2. Who taught you to juggle? myself
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 0.5

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? .25

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

balls, numbers
6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? 5
ball pirrouette or 3 club backcrosses
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist hoping
to be a performer
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? no
10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? master 7
balls, 5 clubs and 7 rings. put a show together and perform someday

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 7, 30+ catches

3. How many clubs can you flash? 5
4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4, a lot of catches (50+?)
5. How many rings can you flash? 5

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that

number? 4 (way too many catches)
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? never tried

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? n/a

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order: Jason
Garfield, Francis Brunn, Evgeni Biljauer, Vova Galchenko, Thomas Dietz,
Chris Chiappini, Matt Hall, Howard Nichols, Dave Nager, Niall Mckenna

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on

video) and who did it? Francis Brunn's combo trick done on a 6 foot
unicycle by Ernest Montego

[...]

4. Do you gamble? rarely
5. Do you smoke?no

6. Are you a heavy drinker? no
7. Are you overweight? no
8. Have you ever been in prison? no

9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? dont know what class a/b are

Eccles

Oct 24, 2004, 6:07:08 PM10/24/04
Marden117 wrote:
<snippity snip>
> > OTHER JUGGLERS:
> > JuggleBoy - real name?

JuggleBoy = Chris Fowler.

JS

n8rae

Oct 24, 2004, 6:24:13 PM10/24/04
> Full name: nathan rae
> Age:24
> Nationality:british

> Gender: male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 13
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? my brother mostly
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? hours? you
mean mins don't you. 10 min

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 20
> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling? 3
ball crossed with kick bags

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
double chicken
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? neither
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to give up
juggling.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 5

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number?5 about 20

> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3 about 5 mins
> 5. How many rings can you flash? never tried

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
na
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 3

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? dont know

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Ewano
Luke burrage
mat what's his name
team rootberry
er...
don't know any others realy

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
some of bruns impossible tricks

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

any as long as its good and original

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.

> 3. 441 Mills Mess.

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.

> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.

> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.

> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.

> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.

> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.

> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.

> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.

> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.

> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.

> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.

> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.

> 16. Juggle with a head balance.

> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.

> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.

> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.
>

> none of the obove

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:

> 2. What is your sexuality?

> 3. Are you a vegetarian?

> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?

> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?

> 7. Are you overweight?

> 8. Have you ever been in prison?

> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?

> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

dwergje

Oct 24, 2004, 6:50:51 PM10/24/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name: De Baets Wim
> Age:26
> Nationality:Belgium

> Gender:male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling?3.5 jears
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? a friend
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2-3

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? to much

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
balls with 3 balls i like it with contact juggling en more balls just trying
for the moment
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? mills
mess
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to be a master
of 3 balls end create a baetiful style , but also numbers of balls

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 7
> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 5 maby 6

> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 5
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4, don't now
> 5. How many rings can you flash? never did it

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
none
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?6

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number?5 , don't now

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> jason garfield,
thomas dietz,

> olga,
vova,
luke burrage ,
>ben jennings
stefan paridaen

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it? it was not 1 trick but a guy ( don't now the name)
who juggled 3 balls
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc) artistic and comedy

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.no
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.yes
> 3. 441 Mills Mess.no

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge yes.

> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.no
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.yes
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.no

> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.no
>

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:katholic born
> 2. What is your sexuality?hetro

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? no
> 4. Do you gamble?no
> 5. Do you smoke?
> 6. Are you a heavyno drinker?no
> 7. Are you overweight?no
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?no
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?no
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?no>

Brian Fahs

Oct 24, 2004, 8:33:01 PM10/24/04

> Full name: Brian Fahs
> Age: 31
> Nationality: American
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? - 21 (oh my god)
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself. Saw father and brother juggle 3
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? <.5

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? .5

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Clubs. Passung

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
qualify 6
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? Hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? Yes
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? Yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? 7 clubs, 9
rings, 10 balls

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 - 40ish
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 6

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that
number? 6 - 13
> 5. How many rings can you flash? - 8

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that
number? 7 - 50?
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 8

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? 7 - 50+

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
> Impossible question

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
>

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.
> 3. 441 Mills Mess.
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.
>

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:
> 2. What is your sexuality?
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?
> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?

> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?
> 7. Are you overweight?
> 8. Have you ever been in prison?
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

Brian Louisos

Oct 25, 2004, 3:27:27 AM10/25/04

> Full name:
Brian Louisos
> Age:
22

> Nationality:
American
> Gender:
Male

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling?
5 seriously, 9 total
> 2. Who taught you to juggle?]
my dad

> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?
.28571 = 2 hours a week

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling?
2

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
clubs and balls equally, standard technical
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
5 clubs with head balance

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?
Hobbyist (not that I don't take it seriously...)

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?
No

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?
Yes
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?
Lets see,
goals for year:
100+ catches 5 clubs, 5 club variations, 100 catches 6 balls, 6 ball
variations,
4 club back-cross proficiency, 4 clubs fountain with 'half' spins.
Life Goals:
Really solid 7b casccade, good 6 club pattern, break Gatto's 5 club
record.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?

6

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number?

6 - Record = 32 catches

> 3. How many clubs can you flash?

Five

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

Five - Record = 88 catches

> 5. How many rings can you flash?

don't do

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

don't do

> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?

don't do

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number?

don't do

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Gatto
Ignatov
Garfield
Dietz
Jay Gilligan
Toby Walker
Vova Galchenko
Ben Beever
Chris Fowler
Luke Burrage

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?

Anthony Gatto breaking 7 club endurance record cleanly and finishing
with a 1 high pirouette.

> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

Technical Juggling, and technical Juggling with Artistic presentation

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage.

No

> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs.

No

> 3. 441 Mills Mess.
No

> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess.

Yes

> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.

No

> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.

Yes

> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.

Any?? how about Yes to clubs rings and balls

> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.

Yes flashed in on Thurs

> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.

No Never tried

> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.

No

> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.

No

> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.

No

> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.

Yes

> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.

No

> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.

No

> 16. Juggle with a head balance.

No

> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.

No

> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.

No

> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.

No

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:

Christian

> 2. What is your sexuality?

Hetero

> 3. Are you a vegetarian?

No
> 4. Do you gamble?
No
> 5. Do you smoke?
No

> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?

No

> 7. Are you overweight?
No

> 8. Have you ever been in prison?

No

> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?

No

> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

No

---Brian Louisos

GSpot2K

Oct 25, 2004, 4:39:32 AM10/25/04
jugglingsurvey wrote:
> I am considering doing an essay on statistics for some college work and I
> thought it would be interesting to do something about juggling. I thought
> a survey on rec.juggling would be a great idea but instead of coming up
> with all my own questions i'm going to use some that were asked in a
> survey last year. I will use the answers from last year and compare them
> to the answers this year to work out general trends in juggling on the
> internet.
>
> The questions are mostly the same from last year. Can you please, please,
> please fill it in? Especially if you answered last year but if you didn’t
> please answer anyway. I’m looking for over 100 replies and even partial
> replies are better than none.
>

> Full name: Gordon Platt
> Age: 21
> Nationality: British

> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 1/4
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? my friend, chris.
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 2

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Prop: fire torches, Style:beginner (lol)
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done? mills
mess
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? no
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? no
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? to get good at
clubs (juggling/passing)

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 5

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 4 - 10
> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 3

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
3 - Don't count
> 5. How many rings can you flash? N/A

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
N/A
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? N/A

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? N/A

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
>

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)
>

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. no

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. no
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. no

> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess.
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge.
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head.
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls.
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts.
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs.
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls.
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling.
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses.
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs.
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings.
> 16. Juggle with a head balance.
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head.
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions.
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches.
>

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:
> 2. What is your sexuality?
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?
> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?
> 7. Are you overweight?

> 8. Have you ever been in prison?
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

GSpot2K

Oct 25, 2004, 4:41:39 AM10/25/04
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. nearly
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. no
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. no
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. no
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. no
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. no
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. no

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
> 1. What is your religion (if any)?: agnostic
> 2. What is your sexuality? hetrosexual

> 3. Are you a vegetarian? nope
> 4. Do you gamble? nope
> 5. Do you smoke? yup
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker? nope
> 7. Are you overweight? nope
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? nope
> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? yup
10. Have you ever been in prison? nope

ken

Oct 25, 2004, 6:12:38 AM10/25/04
Full name: Ken Nishimura
Age: 34
Nationality: Japanese
Gender: Male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling? 9 months.
2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself, with videos, books, web sites.
3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1 hour.

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or

talking about juggling? 1 hour.

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

I am new to this world, but I am having a feeling that I will remain
attracted solely to balls. Maybe clubs.

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

Any kind of shower. 3b, 4b, Low-High-Middle. It looks pretty.
7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? A hobbyist.
8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? No.
9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? No.

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

My goal at this moment is 5b cascade solid, but I know it cannot be an
untimate goal. I will know.

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 6.

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with

that number? 5, 21 catches. Working on it really hard.
3. How many clubs can you flash? 3.
4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number? 3,
about 10 catches?! (What a klutz!) I have yet to practice clubs.
5. How many rings can you flash? Should I buy rings, too?

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

Jason said in a show that rings hurt, you get blisters. Is that true??
7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5. I just found out a couple
of days ago that bounce juggling is fun and relatively easy.

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record

with that number? 3. 30 catches. I said I just started like a week ago!

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

Jason Garfield.
Vova and Olga.
Thomas Dietz.

I've got to find out other jugglers....

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?

Thomas Dietz did something I cannot translate into a siteswap, but it
was quite impressive. I thought that's the kind of siteswaps only a
computer program can perform.

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

I prefer technical ball performances with as many balls.

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. No.
2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes.
3. 441 Mills Mess. No...
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. No...
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No way......
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. No..... Haven't even tried it.
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes! 3b... though.
8. 66661 with 5 balls. No.
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No.
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. No.
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No.
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. No.
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. No.
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No.
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No. (What's pancake?)
16. Juggle with a head balance. No.
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No.
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. No.
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No.

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: Hmmm, Zen.
2. What is your sexuality? Hmmmmm? Straight.
3. Are you a vegetarian? No.
4. Do you gamble? No.
5. Do you smoke? I used to smoke, but quit.
6. Are you a heavy drinker? I used to drink too much, but quit.
7. Are you overweight? No.
8. Have you ever been in prison? No.
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? No. (Such an American question?)
10. Have you ever been in prison? Did you ask the same question?

coleman

Oct 25, 2004, 8:59:51 AM10/25/04
Full name: cole walker
Age: 25
Nationality: british
Gender: male

YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
1. How many years have you been juggling?

2

2. Who taught you to juggle?

lots of people but the 3b cascade i was taught by a close friend

3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?
1 hour

4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
talking about juggling?
(at least) 1 hour - all depends on how busy i am at work

5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?

balls. i like 3 ball tricks the most but have been working much more on 4
and 5b recently

6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

423 variations

7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?

100% hobbyist

8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?

no

9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

no

10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

my ultimate juggling goal is 5 clubs on single spins
i have lots of short-term goals

JUGGLING RECORDS:
1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?
6

2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
that number?
6 beanbags - record: 22 catches

3. How many clubs can you flash?

4

4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

4 - record: 18 catches

5. How many rings can you flash?

4

6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

4 - record: ~30 catches (never counted)

7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash?

4 (maybe 5 now)

8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
with that number?

4 - record ~ 20 catches (never counted)

OTHER JUGGLERS:
1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:

toby walker
thomas dietz
malte steinmetz
maksim kamaro
ville walo
matt hall
jay gilligan
bill berry
manu laude
stefan sing

2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
video) and who did it?

5 club mills - toby walker

3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)

artistic and tech running a close second if i'm just watching a video

TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):

1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. no (never tried though...)

2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. yes

3. 441 Mills Mess. yes
4. 4 ball Mills Mess. kind of (3 or 4 cycles of mills)
5. 5 ball Mills Mess. no
6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. yes
7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. yes
8. 66661 with 5 balls. no
9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. no
10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. almost (but no)
11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. no
12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. yes
13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. no
14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. no
15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. no
16. Juggle with a head balance. no
17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. no
19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. never tried
20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. never tried

OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
asked last year):

1. What is your religion (if any)?: none
2. What is your sexuality? hetro

3. Are you a vegetarian? no

4. Do you gamble? very rarely
5. Do you smoke? very often
6. Are you a heavy drinker? i drink alcohol pretty much every day

7. Are you overweight? no

8. Have you ever been in prison? only to visit
9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs? yes
10. Have you ever been in prison? are you old bill?

Alon Erez

Oct 25, 2004, 10:42:34 AM10/25/04

> Full name: Alon Erez
> Age: 35
> Nationality: Israeli
> Gender: Male
>

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling? 3+
> 2. Who taught you to juggle? Myself
> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling? 1/2

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling? 1/4

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
balls.
> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?
> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer? hobbyist
> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers? No
> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers? No
> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they? Yes. Juggle 5
clubs and 7 balls (say 50 catches).

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash? 8

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number? 7 , 17

> 3. How many clubs can you flash? 4
> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
80
> 5. How many rings can you flash? probably 5, 4 for sure.

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?
4,don' know.
> 7. How many bounce juggling balls can you flash? 5

> 8. How many bounce juggling balls can you qualify and what is your record
> with that number? don't know

> OTHER JUGGLERS:
> 1. Please state your top 10 favourite jugglers in any order:
>

> 2. What is the greatest juggling trick you have ever seen (live or on
> video) and who did it?
> 3. What style of juggling do you prefer watching? (Technical juggling,
> comedy juggling, artistic juggling, specialty acts, etc)like them all.

> TRICKS YOU CAN DO (please state yes or no):
> 1. 4 ball Burkes Burrage. NO
> 2. 534 with balls, rings or clubs. Yes

> 3. 441 Mills Mess. No
> 4. 4 ball Mills Mess. Yes
> 5. 5 ball Mills Mess. No
> 6. 3 ball Rubensteins Revenge. No
> 7. Juggle any kind of prop over the head. Yes
> 8. 66661 with 5 balls. Ablittle.
> 9. 5 catches of 3 club alberts. No
> 10. 3 up pirouette with 3 clubs. No
> 11. 5 up pirouette with 5 rings or balls. No
> 12. 3 ball ass-catch and continue juggling. No
> 13. More than 15 catches of a 3 club backcrosses. No
> 14. At least 5 backcrosses with 5 clubs. No
> 15. 5 or more pancakes with 5 rings. No
> 16. Juggle with a head balance. No
> 17. Juggle while bouncing a ball on your head. No
> 19. A devilstick propeller in both directions. No
> 20. 2 diabolos for more than 20 catches. No

> OPTIONAL NON_JUGGLING INFORMATION (I dont really want to know but it was
> asked last year):
All stayed the same.

> 1. What is your religion (if any)?:
> 2. What is your sexuality?
> 3. Are you a vegetarian?
> 4. Do you gamble?
> 5. Do you smoke?
> 6. Are you a heavy drinker?
> 7. Are you overweight?
> 8. Have you ever been in prison? That would be interesting to see if the
statistics changed !

> 9. Have you ever taken class A/B drugs?
> 10. Have you ever been in prison?

Ewano

Oct 25, 2004, 12:42:51 PM10/25/04
> Full name: Ewano
> Age: 23 - older than Luke but oddly enough younger than his twin..
> Nationality: UK
> Gender: Boy

> YOUR OWN JUGGLING:
> 1. How many years have you been juggling?
12

> 2. Who taught you to juggle?

A guy with ginger hair.

> 3. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend a day juggling?
1

> 4. How many hours a day (on average) do you spend reading, writing or
> talking about juggling?
1

> 5. What is your favourite juggling prop and favourite style of juggling?
Astro-Jax
Really slow relaxed solo club juggling.

> 6. What is your favourite juggling trick that you can do or have done?

Tray, Cup, Spoon, Dice(suger cube) trick.

> 7. Do you consider yourself you a hobbyist or a performer?

Hobbyist.

> 8. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 jugglers?

Yes.

> 9. Have you ever performed for an audience of over 40 non-jugglers?

Yes.

> 10. Do you have any juggling goals and if so, what are they?

Re-learn solo club juggling so that I have a really slow relaxed
style.

> JUGGLING RECORDS:
> 1. How many balls or beanbags can you flash?

10

> 2. How many balls or beanbags can you qualify and what is your record with
> that number?

8 - 20 catches.

> 3. How many clubs can you flash?

5

> 4. How many clubs can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

5 - 30/40-ish catches

> 5. How many rings can you flash?

5

> 6. How many rings can you qualify and what is your record with that number?

5 - 20 catches before i get bored and put them down.

<