[Video] Bungay Balls Up - LPs footage

Little Paul

Jun 14, 2006, 11:16:01 AM6/14/06
Hi all,

If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
Stout....

Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

IJDb Video Tag v1.1
http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/tag.php
#begin#
Date: 2006-06-14 16:59:36
May 2006. Keep an eye open for the Jason "Drunken Master" Perry bonus
footage...
#end#

--
-Paul
[1] I got back from Bungay, then had 3 days to move house, then went

The above tag represents about 2 weeks worth of work, and almost 3 weeks
worth of hastle. Enjoy!

Jason Perry

Jun 14, 2006, 11:45:48 AM6/14/06
"Little Paul" <use...@lpbk.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,

Hi LP!

> If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
> the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
> back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
> Stout....

Yeah it does seem ages ago doesn't it. Never mind, less than 4 weeks 'till
EJC. Hurrah!

> Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
> dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

It was great! Thanks a lot for being arsed to get your camera out and
actually film stuff. My camera lived in the car for the whole week.
The only part of the festival that the video didn't portray very well was
the laid backness of it all. I reckon Paul managed to get every bit of
activity that happened throughout the whole week into those 4 minutes of
mayhem.

> May 2006. Keep an eye open for the Jason "Drunken Master" Perry bonus
> footage...

Phew! I was worried that you might make me look more inept than normal. It's
a shame that Sandra's squeaky walk didn't make the cut.

Thanks again, that's definitely a keeper.

Jason "Drunken Master" Perry
--
[1]. Hassle.

silver

Jun 14, 2006, 11:52:10 AM6/14/06
yay, nice vid sir.

how long til bristol?

Dave Barnes

Jun 14, 2006, 12:00:09 PM6/14/06
silver wrote:
> yay, nice vid sir.
>
> how long til bristol?

About this long: http://www.moleseyjugglers.co.uk/bristol/

Dave

Dave Barnes

Jun 14, 2006, 12:02:32 PM6/14/06
Little Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
> the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
> back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
> Stout....
>
> Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
> dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

An excellent vid. And kind of funny to see such an up tempo video from a
convention like Bungay!

Dashers

Jun 14, 2006, 12:04:48 PM6/14/06
Viewd and rated no less. Very cool, everything I see, read or hear
about Bungay makes me want to go, I will make it one of these years.

P.S. Where did you find that music?

The Void

Jun 14, 2006, 12:16:48 PM6/14/06
Little Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
> the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
> back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
> Stout....
>
> Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
> dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

*Sob* Ah, halcyon days....

Nice stuff LP, but we all know the real reason for the long delay was the
time it took you to do the CGI of the rain and mud convincingly. ;-)

I was surprised to see you use the footage of me doing actual *tricks*
with the cigar boxes, when you could've used the buttercup faceplant
instead. Ace buttercup-ball-baking though, and great to see Pollyanna
laughing at Jason's strop too. Stirling work, sirrah!

The Void
's got a rating and he's gonna use it

Little Paul

Jun 14, 2006, 12:29:12 PM6/14/06
On 2006-06-14, Dashers <pdash...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> P.S. Where did you find that music?

Somewere in my "big box of seven inches" - It's a record I've had for ooh,
probably almost 20 years and it never gets old!

Fuzzbox are/were great! (Although, arguably they were better before the
name change)

-Paul

Charlie

Jun 14, 2006, 12:33:03 PM6/14/06
Little Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
> the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
> back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
> Stout....
>
> Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
> dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

Yay LP! Nice one. At this rate next year we'll have enough for a four
hour documentary....Bungay, The Convention that Time Forgot....

Charlie
..you mean you haven't put the last week of May 2007 in your diary yet?

Little Paul

Jun 14, 2006, 12:35:25 PM6/14/06
On 2006-06-14, Jason Perry <JasonDotPerryATJugglerDotNet.NoSpamThanks> wrote:
> "Little Paul" <use...@lpbk.net> wrote in message
>
> The only part of the festival that the video didn't portray very well was
> the laid backness of it all.

True, but we've got voids videos for that :-)

>> May 2006. Keep an eye open for the Jason "Drunken Master" Perry bonus
>> footage...
>
> Phew! I was worried that you might make me look more inept than normal.

Heh!

To be honest, that footage was a rather nice surprise. I'd completely
forgotten filming it. To be honest, I'm really rather surprised that
the camera work is as steady as it was!

> It's a shame that Sandra's squeaky walk didn't make the cut.

Unfortunately the sound wasn't quite up to snuff on that one :-( There
are a few more clips that didn't get used as well. I might try
something a bit diferent with those though...

-Paul

Little Paul

Jun 14, 2006, 12:37:08 PM6/14/06
On 2006-06-14, Charlie <cha...@juggler.net.nospamthanks> wrote:

> Yay LP! Nice one. At this rate next year we'll have enough for a four
> hour documentary....Bungay, The Convention that Time Forgot....

Careful what you wish for, I may come through with that "video diary"
threat...

-Paul

san...@fistfuloflice.co.uk

Jun 14, 2006, 2:30:11 PM6/14/06
Little Paul wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Paul,
I am usually a quiet observer of this newsgroup, but wheyhey what a
great video!! And I'm relieved that my squeeky walk didn't make it (I
vaguely remember this night :-)

Sandra

ian smith

Jun 14, 2006, 3:48:04 PM6/14/06

Good film, Paul. After I got home from Bungay I went to the local Tesco
to buy some of those £1.89 spinning balls, to find it had been replaced by
a Sainsbury's. Nevertheless, they had an ideal ball for about three quid,
a soft, extra grippy football with golf ball dimples around the surface.
All I need to do now is make the balancing stick. Just a bamboo cane and a
pop rivet, right? And I hope you liked the records - including the hidden
circus tune...

lynne

Jun 14, 2006, 9:01:06 PM6/14/06

Wicked, really appreciated the close framed stuff and the pacing. Think I
enjoyed the video more because of the time lag. The post Bungay ripples
havent quite reashed the end of my pond yet and another pebble plops into
the water - ooh I've come over all poetic.

Cheers
Lynne

fakoriginal

Jun 15, 2006, 3:32:36 AM6/15/06

Wayhey, loving it (especially with sound).

FAK - a-rating we will go.

Colin E.

Jun 15, 2006, 3:57:56 AM6/15/06
Little Paul wrote:

Pink pink sunshine ... pink pink sunshine...

I am going to singing that all day!

Great vid LP.

Colin E.

Little Paul

Jun 15, 2006, 5:41:50 AM6/15/06
On 2006-06-14, ian smith <ianrs...@blueyonder.co.uk.nospam> wrote:

> Good film, Paul. After I got home from Bungay I went to the local Tesco
> to buy some of those £1.89 spinning balls, to find it had been replaced by
> a Sainsbury's.

Bummer!

> Nevertheless, they had an ideal ball for about three quid,
> a soft, extra grippy football with golf ball dimples around the surface.

Hurrah!

> All I need to do now is make the balancing stick. Just a bamboo cane and a
> pop rivet, right?

Yup. You may want to use a bit of tape to hold the rivet in, and a bit
of tape around the bottom of the cane to stop it from splintering
(because you *really* don't want bamboo splinters in your chin!)

> And I hope you liked the records

Oooh! Very much so! One of the first things I unpacked when I moved
house after Bungay was my turntables and there are some top tunes in
there! I'm slowly sorting through them and working out which ones fit
where in my collection - Once I've done that, I'll put together an
oldskool set and send it your way :-)

> - including the hidden circus tune...

I hadn't spotted that one, I'll have to go back and listen to them all
again - I was possibly too busy bouncing round the room like a munter...

-Paul

The Void

Jun 15, 2006, 9:00:19 AM6/15/06
ian smith wrote:
> Little Paul wrote:
> > On 2006-06-14, Dashers <pdash...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > P.S. Where did you find that music?
> >
> > Somewere in my "big box of seven inches" - It's a record I've had for ooh,
> > probably almost 20 years and it never gets old!
> >
> > Fuzzbox are/were great! (Although, arguably they were better before the
> > name change)
> >
> > -Paul
>
> Good film, Paul. After I got home from Bungay I went to the local Tesco
> to buy some of those £1.89 spinning balls, to find it had been replaced by
> a Sainsbury's. Nevertheless, they had an ideal ball for about three quid,
> a soft, extra grippy football with golf ball dimples around the surface.
> All I need to do now is make the balancing stick. Just a bamboo cane and a
> pop rivet, right?

I use the tip from a spinning plate stick as my point. Being plastic, not
metal, it's less likely to slowly drill a hole in your ball....

The Void
Ooh look, Sandra woke up! Blimey!

plumsie

Jun 15, 2006, 9:06:34 AM6/15/06
Little Paul wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello Little Paul,

> If you're anything like me, Bungay feels like it was 6 months ago already,
> the real world has closed in around you and you feel like you want to be
> back there, in the slightly moist buttercups, drinking St Peters Cream
> Stout....

I really do want to be back at Bungay, I miss the chilled atmosphere, the
nice beer and all the people. Still at least it is world juggling day in
hawkshead this weekend as a respite from reality.

> Well, after *much* hastle[1], I'm done editing the footage I shot, so
> dive on in, have fun, hope you like it!

Oh, Go on then

> IJDb Video Tag v1.1
> http://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/tag.php
> #begin#
> Date: 2006-06-14 16:59:36
> May 2006. Keep an eye open for the Jason "Drunken Master" Perry bonus
> footage...
> #end#

Wow, What a video, Really does bring back lots of memories. Even the rain
couldn't keep our spirits down. Would have loved to see more in the video
but I also like knowing people who weren't there are feeling left out.

> --
> -Paul
> [1] I got back from Bungay, then had 3 days to move house, then went
> away for the weekend, came back, unpacked my camera and my pc, couldn't
> find my firewire cable, borrowed one, did the capture, and the edit
> (which took a weeks worth of evenings) uploaded it, my test audience
> pointed out many flaws, not least of which that the capture process had
> dropped frames all over the shop - I then went away for the weekend
> *again* - came back, recaptured all 10Gb of footage, completely redid
> the edit almost from scratch, then had a hell of a time rendering
> something that I was happy with the quality of.
>
> The above tag represents about 2 weeks worth of work, and almost 3 weeks
> worth of hastle. Enjoy!

I heard about some of the problems with your original edit from Jay but I
didn't see the video. I'm glad I waited, it may have taken a while but the
best things come to those who wait.

Has anyone got video of grant's hat and cane routine and diablo routine
from the show?

I'd love to see them both again if he has no objections to someone putting
them online.

Plumsie
World juggling day, a short break from reality.

The Void

Jun 15, 2006, 7:15:48 PM6/15/06
plumsie wrote:
> Has anyone got video of grant's hat and cane routine and diablo routine
> from the show?

I have footage of Grant's diabOlo routine, but not his diablo one. Man,
his Aleister Crowley impression is really something to see though, huh?

> I'd love to see them both again if he has no objections to someone putting
> them online.

My footage isn't that great though (you can see clips in my BBU vid) so I
don't think it's worth bothering. Sometimes memories are better than
documentary.

The Void
Staying out of dreams, occasionally.

Chiok

Jun 16, 2006, 3:35:16 AM6/16/06

Ha! Just got round to watching it last night and agreed, how can you make
seem to energetic and vibrant? Great filming, liked the ideas for the
"magic" ball and the "Balls-eye view" for the entrance exam.

Watched and rated, cheers! Have a nice time t'up north, looks like it's
gonna be fiiiine.

Chiok

www.gravityvomit.co.uk
(I'm so southern, fairy I say)