backyard hunting

1 view

meg...@my-deja.com

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
I put up a stand in my backyard (Connecticut) over some great looking
rubs. I could hunt it every morning before work. How often is too
often to hunt this same spot before the deer start to avoid the area?

Cheers,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Visit the rec.hunting and rec.hunting.dogs FAQ Home Page at:
http://sportsmansweb.com/hunting/

Thomas M. Reynolds

Oct 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/6/99
Is this legal? I mean shooting so close to your house in Connecticut, are you
shooting close to a road and other houses? If you live in a cabin in the
woods away from other people, the deer will let you know when you have
overdone it.

Sam Gaylord

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
meg...@my-deja.com wrote:
: Hi,
: I put up a stand in my backyard (Connecticut) over some great looking
: rubs. I could hunt it every morning before work. How often is too
: often to hunt this same spot before the deer start to avoid the area?

You can hunt it as much as you want until the deer know you're there.
You've got an extra advantage in that if the stand is in your "back
yard", the deer are probably more or less use to your scent and will
pay less attention to you if they smell you than a strange smell.

samg

a.k.a Sam Gaylord (sa...@cs.itc.hp.com)

TimeR...@lvcm.com

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:15:48 -0400, meg...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Hi,
>I put up a stand in my backyard (Connecticut) over some great looking
>rubs. I could hunt it every morning before work. How often is too
>often to hunt this same spot before the deer start to avoid the area?
>

>Cheers,
If the deer are used to your presence and/or scent, you could probably
take about 1 deer a week. As long as there is ample food the deer
will usually return on a constant basis. They may vary their feeding
times and patterns/routes.
--
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Straight Shootin Y'all.

Rion Sullivan

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
once every 3 or 4 days if the wind is correct. but if you have
pre-scouted you should have patterned them a little! and with that you
should be able to identify days that will be more productive. good luck
!

Rion (Lamehawk) Sullivan owner of WETT AMERICA From The Lakes To The
SEA!!!! 2DEXXTREME CAR AUDIO
fortheloveoffloridaishallnotfail!