Robert Benchley

Jim Bingen

Aug 17, 2021, 12:17:34 PM8/17/21
Does anyone know any current scholars who might have continued in Gordon Ernst’s footsteps with respect to Robert Benchley?
I am looking for a short piece written by Benchley that does not seem to be in the list of Benchley essays that Ernst compiled and published.
I am interested in a piece about the ritual of starting the furnace fire in the Fall. It’s not the one listed in the Ernst compilation.
I thought perhaps a Benchley scholar might be able to help me track it down.
Thanks much for any help or leads.