Odd People's Names (Parse THAT!)

1 view

andy.russo

Feb 24, 1993, 1:03:13 PM2/24/93
I swear I had some real reason to look in the phone book,
but then I got distracted. These are REAL names from the
Washington, DC, USA white pages.

Robyn Formica
Lawrence Fluke - the ONLY fluke in the phone book :-)
Porsche Capri Ford - her father must be a dealer
Leslie Footlick
Willie B Forcey
Minnie Ball - wasn't she ammunition in the revolutionary war?
Harry Ballman - how did he live through junior high?
James Baller - likewise
Sandra (Sandy) Banks - usually found in North Carolina
Harry Barber - who give haircuts to a hairy barber?
Michael Hunt - I'm surprised he didn't get an unlisted number,
but at least he isn't listed as Mike Hunt

Andy Russo
# your ad here

sno...@waikato.ac.nz

Feb 25, 1993, 4:34:09 PM2/25/93

A Canadian friend of mine swears that the Vancouver, BC, phone book
contains one "Hugh G. Rection"
Obviously someone taking the piss ... I sincerely hope!!!

Then of course there are all the unfortunates with surnames like
Hardcock, Treblecock, etc - usually pronounced by these people with
a silent "ck" for obvious reasons...

Snowy

Frank G. Rogers

Feb 27, 1993, 12:00:49 PM2/27/93
These people have all come into the library were I work:

Israel Ham
Walter & Elizabeth Bland
Barbara Bugg
Lisa Cronic
Jean Yapi
Sang Bang
Dick Rust
Wing Wong

-f

...after that everybody began to rave....
-- Celine
Frank Rogers (INTERNET: lib...@gsusgi2.gsu.edu)

Ke Huang

Feb 27, 1993, 3:25:21 PM2/27/93
In article <libfgr.7...@gsusgi1.gsu.edu> lib...@gsusgi2.gsu.edu (Frank G. Rogers) writes:
>These people have all come into the library were I work:
>
>Israel Ham
>Walter & Elizabeth Bland
>Barbara Bugg
>Lisa Cronic
>Jean Yapi
>Sang Bang
>Dick Rust
>Wing Wong

There's a guy in Buffalo, NY named "Chiting Ho"

Anthony S. Pelliccio

Feb 28, 1993, 1:26:47 PM2/28/93
keh...@acsu.buffalo.edu (Ke Huang) writes:

> >These people have all come into the library were I work:
> >
> >Israel Ham
> >Walter & Elizabeth Bland
> >Barbara Bugg
> >Lisa Cronic
> >Jean Yapi
> >Sang Bang
> >Dick Rust
> >Wing Wong
>
> There's a guy in Buffalo, NY named "Chiting Ho"

A few years back there was a guy in the Providence white pages with the
name:

Bippin B. Dikshit

-- Tony Pelliccio, N1MPQ/AA // Why do some hams run 20mW //
-- god @ garlic.sbs.com // into a stub-ducky in a car //
-----------------------------------// and wonder why they can't //
-- Flame Retardent Sysadmin // hit a repeater? //
--===============================================================--
-- A man who feels sees life as a tragedy, a man who thinks sees --
-- life as a comedy. (As found in a fortune cookie) --
---------

Ernie

Mar 1, 1993, 10:08:27 PM3/1/93
In <1993Feb26.1...@waikato.ac.nz> sno...@waikato.ac.nz writes:

>Snowy

In the Albany, New York phone book there's an unfortunate man with the name
HEYWOOD JABLOME (hey would ya blow me!!)
-Ernie

Philip Young

Mar 2, 1993, 8:46:02 PM3/2/93

v v _ v
The name Cecil (Sess'ill, not see'sill) is typicaly abbreviated here
as Cec (Sess'). I actually met a bloke called Cec Poole. I've also
encountered Dick Head, and a friend of mine knew Miles Long.

--
Philip R. Young

TFST...@ukcc.uky.edu

Mar 3, 1993, 11:57:05 AM3/3/93
There is a newscaster with the name Sam Dick (Lexington),
I once met a guy named Richard Head (Dick Head) (Atlanta)
and a woman named Magic Head (Atlanta)

TFST...@ukcc.uky.edu

Mar 3, 1993, 12:06:12 PM3/3/93
Here's more:

Hardin Short
Herda Birdwhistle
Crystal Chandalier
Lon Moore

cam::way

Mar 4, 1993, 3:30:43 PM3/4/93
> There is a newscaster with the name Sam Dick (Lexington),
> I once met a guy named Richard Head (Dick Head) (Atlanta)
> and a woman named Magic Head (Atlanta)

My dad went to high school with a girl named Ophelia Peck.

And there was a guy who used to work here named Philip Orifice.

---
Frank Way "Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war"
Digital Equipment Corp.
1 Federal Street Disclaimer:
Springfield, MA Opinions expressed are mine alone
w...@cam.enet.dec.com

Tony Konashenok

Mar 4, 1993, 5:18:35 PM3/4/93
Right from the Oakland (CA) phone book:

B & D Welding (B & D Woodworking, too)
The Western Screw Co.
Silver, L.D.

--
Tony Konashenok a...@hafnium.cchem.berkeley.edu (510)843-5632 (home)
University of California, Berkeley (510)642-5831 (office)

Strauss research group, Latimer Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley CA 94720, U.S.A.

STEVEN JAY GIBBLE

Mar 10, 1993, 10:26:52 PM3/10/93
In article <1993Mar4.1...@nntpd2.cxo.dec.com>, w...@cam.enet.dec.com (cam

::way) writes:
>> There is a newscaster with the name Sam Dick (Lexington),
>> I once met a guy named Richard Head (Dick Head) (Atlanta)
>> and a woman named Magic Head (Atlanta)
>

>My dad went to high school with a girl named Ophelia Peck.
>
>And there was a guy who used to work here named Philip Orifice.

There is a kid I know whose name is Michael Hymen, but he goes by the name
Buster. That is Buster Hymen.

Steve Gibble
Lehigh University

Alan D Shaw

Mar 11, 1993, 12:53:53 PM3/11/93

> Steve Gibble
> Lehigh University

There's this guy works for volvo in Scotland called:
John Thomas

C Alan Williamson

Mar 16, 1993, 11:40:05 PM3/16/93
how about the football player - Dick Butkus -> Dick ButtKiss

C. Alan Williamson al...@krypton.mankato.msus.edu
Mankato State University Life is full of surprises, but never
Mankato, MN when you need one. -Calvin & Hobbes-

bleh

Mar 17, 1993, 4:09:46 PM3/17/93

While doing research for my fiber optics paper, I ran across an article
with the author's name listed as:

M.C. Brain

No kidding!!!!

-Koushik "I guess you had to be there..."

James W. Jeffries

Mar 17, 1993, 4:57:03 PM3/17/93
In article <89...@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt2...@prism.gatech.EDU (bleh) writes:

|> While doing research for my fiber optics paper, I ran across an article
|> with the author's name listed as:
|>
|> M.C. Brain

or was that M. T. Brain ?

Jim Jeffries \ "That is something up with which I will not put!"
j...@umich.edu \ - W. Churchill (on not ending sentences with prepositions)