List of "Hot Cross Puns", and more

Harold Reynolds

Aug 13, 1993, 10:10:54 AM8/13/93
Below is listed my collection of "Hot Cross Puns" (I stole this from a book
somewhere). If you have any others, please send them to me and I'll set up
a Canonical List if the demand is there. And please, don't bother with the
ones that end in A*B*sin(theta), or mountain climber is a scalar!
And keep them clean!

Harold Reynolds

A. What do you get when you cross...

A fawn with a hornet? Bambee.
A policeman with a telegram? Copper wire.
A canary with a mole? A miner bird.
A pig with a cactus? A porkerpine.
A cat with a lemon? A sourpuss.
A banana with a red silk dress? A pink slip.
A chicken with a bell? An alarm cluck.
A duck with a steamroller? A flat duck.
An Eskimo with a pig? A polar boar.
A spider with a rabbit? A hare net.
A ham with a karate expert? Pork chops.
An owl with a goat? A hootenanny.
An Indian with a cow? Geronimoo.
A tiger with a needle? Pin stripes.
A termite with a house? An exterminator.
A dove with a high chair? A stool pigeon.
A tree with a baseball player? Babe Root.
A parrot with a centipede? A walkie-talkie.
A rabbit with a kilt? Hopscotch.
A dog with a daisy? A collie-flower.
A hummingbird with a doorbell? A humdinger.
The Green Giant with Robin Hood? A Hoe-Bow.
The Atlantic Ocean with the Titanic? Half way.
A movie with a swimming pool? A dive-in theater.
Telly Sevalas with a pool table? A billiard bald.
A potato with an onion? A potato with watery eyes.
A dog with a chicken? A hen that lays pooched eggs.
A vulture with a small grass house? A scavenger hut.
An evangelist with a hockey puck? A puck that saves itself.

B. What do you get when you cross an elephant with...

A kangaroo? Big dents in the ground.
A skunk? Very few friends.
A frisbee? A hernia.
A mouse? Very large holes in the baseboards.
A beaver? Hoover Dam.
A dairy cow? Peanut butter.
A sheep? Enough wool to knit a skyscraper.
A Volkswagen? A little car with a big trunk.
A duck and a light bulb? A huge electric bill.
A cat? Something that purrs as it squashes you.
A peach? A ten-ton ball of fuzz charging at you.
A shotgun? An elephant with a double-barrelled trunk.
A jack o'lantern? A huge pumpkin with a fire extinguisher.
Peanut butter? Either peanut butter that never forgets or an elephant that
sticks to the roof of your mouth.
What does the cross between a parrot and an elephant say?
"Polly want a cracker ... NOW!"

As an added bonus, for those of you brave enough to read this far, here's my
collection of various jokes and puns, most of which are far older than I am.
Harold Reynolds.

C. Various Jokes

What city has the largest rodent population? Hamsterdam.

What is green and red and goes around in a blender at 90 mph? A frog in a
blender.
What do you get from all of this? Frognog.

How did Colonel Sanders die? He choked on his fingers.

What goes "Ha, ha, ha, plop"? A man laughing his head off.

What did the painter say to the wall? "One more crack and I'll plaster you!"

What do you get when you drop a piano down a mineshaft? A flat miner.

What do you get when you drop boiling water down a rabbit hole? Hot cross
bunnies.

What did the alien dandelion say to the Earth dandelion? "Take me to your
weeder!"

What is the gambler's heaven? Paradise.

What did the kids say when they saw Dr. Jekyll the Truant Officer coming?
"Hyde! It's Dr. Jekyll!"

What does a spy do when he gets cold? He goes undercover.

How do you change tires on a duck? With a quackerjack.

What did the guitar say to the musician? "Pick on someone your own size!"

What is Batman's religion? Buddha, Buddha, Buddha, Buddha.

What do you call a veterinarian with laryngitis? A hoarse doctor.

What are tired Army clothes? Fatigues.

What's a chimney sweep's most common ailment? The flue.

What did Tarzan say to his wife? "Jane, it's a jungle out there!"

Where does McDonald's get its burgers from? Macau.

How can sea captains use amphibians? As froghorns.

What did the kid say when his mother poured oatmeal on him? "How can you
be so gruel?"

What part of a cemetery is best for burying guns? The muzzleum.

Where is Venice located? In Venice-zuela.

What happened to the lawyer who was thrown out of a saloon? He was disbarred.

What is the electrician's favourite Christmas carol? "The Twelve Days of
Christmas" because of the partridge in ampere tree.

What is a centrifuge? A place where 100 people hide.

What is copper nitrate? Overtime for policemen.

How did the dentist become a brain surgeon? When his drill slipped.

Where are whales weighed? At a whale weigh station.

Where did Noah keep his bees? In the ark hives.

What happens to illegally parked frogs? They get toad away.

What's musical and handy in a supermarket? A Chopin Liszt.

What jumps from cake to cake and smells of almonds? Tarzipan.

What do you get when you put the pictures of the Kings of Russia on a flag?
The Tsar-Spangled Banner.

What's the motto of the ghoul's convention? The morgue the merrier.

What grows up while growing down? A goose.

What are half-sized quartz watches? Pintz watches.

What did Godzilla say after eating a four-cylinder Datsun? "Gosh, I could
have had a V-8!"

How did Hitler tie his laces? In little Nazis.

Where did the king put his armies? In his sleevies.

What's a cow eating grass? A lawn mooer.

What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef.

Why isn't whispering permitted in class? Because it's not aloud.

How many sides does a circle have? Two: an inside and an outside.

What's a three-season bed? One without a spring.

What's Irish and sits in the sun? Paddy O'Furniture.

How do you tickle a rich girl? Say "Gucci Gucci Gucci!"

What do you call a man who drinks and falls off his horse? The wine-stoned
cowboy.

What's the similarity between a blacksmith and a counterfeiter? They're
into forgery.

Why don't sharks eat divorce lawyers? Professional courtesy.

What is a newly hatched beetle? A baby buggy.

What do you call a rabbit with fleas? Bugs Bunny.

Including Rudolph, how many reindeer does Santa have? Ten: Dasher,
Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph and Olive.
Olive? Yes, Olive the Other Reindeer.

What cruises down the riverbed at 60 mph? A motorpike with two side carps.

What do you give a person with water on the brain? A tap on the head.

What do you call it when a walrus eats 1000 clams? A calamity.

Why do ambassadors never get sick? Diplomatic immunity.

What happens to deposed kings? They get throne away.

What colour is a belch? Burple.

If a seagull flies over the sea, what flies over the bay? A bagel.

Why are there no floods in Paris? Because the water is always l'eau.

Why are meteorologists always nervous? Their future is always up in the
air.

Why do people who throw away feather pillows get depressed? Their down is
in the dumps.

Why did the blonde throw butter out a window? She wanted to see a butterfly.

What do you get when you pour cement on a burglar? A hardened criminal.

D. Assorted Puns

How about the man who ran through a screen door? He strained himself.

A male snake charmer married a female undertaker. Their bath towels read
"Hiss" and "Hearse".

Hands are like bells, especially when they're wrung.

Never give your uncle an anteater.

Cannibals like to meat people.

Addition in a dark restaurant is "dim sum".

Some river valleys are absolutely gorges.

Camels live in Camelfornia.

In some places fog will never be mist.

Rust is edible. After all, it is a form of car-rot.

One can tell that a tree is nomadic when it packs up its trunk and leaves.

Concerning Chinese tobacco: Many men smoke, but Fu Manchu.

Confucious say man standing on toilet is high on pot.

Some people say my puns are sleep-inducing, but I keep laudanum anyways.

One day the wind stopped blowing in Chicago and everyone fell down.

When the Lord said, "Go forth, be fruitful and multiply!" He didn't
necessarily have Math teachers in mind.

"Have you got bills to pay? If you do, please give it back. He looks
silly bald." (Laugh-In)

One who does magic tricks with bandages is a wizard of gauze.

The truth may ring out like a bell, but it is seldom ever tolled.

The Irish government is wealthy because its capital is always Dublin.

We ought to rename summer "pride" because pride cometh before the fall.

If life is like a bowl of cherries, what's the raisin for living?

Plug a pizza in the socket and get a pizza delight.

The sheep rustler who broke out of jail is now on the lam.

The Hand family consists of 10 electricians. Their motto is "Many Hands
make light work."

Spanish bullfighters use Oil of Olé face cream to beat wrinkles.

Read the history of electronics of Biblical proportions: Solomon and Toshiba!

"Doctor, doctor! Some days I think I'm a teepee, others I think I'm a wigwam!
What do I do?" "Relax, you're too tents."

"Doctor, doctor! Birds keep building nests in my horses' manes! What
should I do?" "Sprinkle yeast on them and call me in the morning." "But
why?" "Yeast is yeast and nest is nest and never the mane shall tweet!"

Once upon a time, a tribe of cannibals caught a saint sent to them as a
missionary and ate him. He was very tender and tasty, yet they were all
violently sick afterwards. It shows that you can't keep a good man down.

You can have too much of a good thing, but since most people think puns
are not good things, they can't have too many of them!

An expert farmer is outstanding in her field.

An incompetent ship captain grounds the warship he walks on.

Did you hear about the optician? Two glasses and he made a spectacle of
himself.

When the little boy was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he said "I
needed help with my homework." The reason: "God helps those who help
themselves."

A story about a pony on the pampas could be called "Little Horse on the
Prairie".

A man hit another on the head with a pop bottle, killing him. In court,
he claimed he was influenced by the song "Let's Get Fizzy-Kill".

--
You can have too much of a good thing, but since most people think puns are not
good things, they can't get too many of them!

---A punster's justification

Scott Norris

Aug 13, 1993, 10:59:44 AM8/13/93
It's allright to kiss a nun, just don't get into the habit.....