The absolute funniest joke ever (rot13)

JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu

Sep 3, 1991, 2:22:35 PM9/3/91
This one had me laughing for about 2 days...

Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.

Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
"Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"

Stush

Michael Masterov

Sep 3, 1991, 4:05:06 PM9/3/91

This is definitely one for the canonical list. But which one? Fits at
least two.

A man was walking his great dane when he decided he wanted a coke. He tied
his dog to a lamp post outside a convenience store and went in. A minute later
a guy walks in.
"Is that your dog outside?" he asks.
"Yes, it is." the man replies.
"I'm sorry, my dog just killed your dog."
"What? That's a great dane! What kind of dog do you have?"
"A chiahuahua. Your dog tried to eat my dog and choked."

* Michael Masterov * mast...@cn.ecn.purdue.edu *
* Purdue University *********************************************
* Chemical Engineering Dept * Wherever you go, there you are - *
* West Lafayette, IN 47907 * Buckaroo Banzai *

Ken Hovanes

Sep 3, 1991, 5:04:10 PM9/3/91

Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!

I really enjoyed that one!

Weebils Wobble, | Ken Hovanes, Intergraph Corp.
but they | UUCP: uunet!ingr!b17d!crackers!hovanes or
don't fall | hov...@crackers.b17d.ingr.com
down. | Telephone: 2057307229

Bill Flick

Sep 3, 1991, 5:26:14 PM9/3/91
In article <1991Sep3.2...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com>, hov...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com (Ken Hovanes) writes:
|> In article <91246.142...@psuvm.psu.edu> JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
|> >This one had me laughing for about 2 days...
|> >
|> >Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
|> >jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.
|> >
|> >Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
|> >"Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"
|> >
|> >Stush
|>
|> Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!
|>
|> I really enjoyed that one!

I thought it was a little tacky, especially when refering to the ....oops, that
would ruin the punch line for some people, sorry that I almost spilled the
beans. All in all, it was funny - for Rot-13 - that is.

B. 8>)

Jheri Birchett

Sep 3, 1991, 6:57:43 PM9/3/91

That was about as funny as the "Green golf ball joke".................

kill file, kill file, kill file, kill file.......

______ __________________
/__/__/\/__/_____/_____/__/\
\ \ \ \ \ ___\ __ \ \ \
\ \ \_\ \ \__ \ \_\ \ \ \
_\ \ __ \ _\ \ /_ \ \
/__\ \ \ \ \ \___\ __ \ \ \
\______\__\/\__\_____\_\/\_\__\/

I have "Bungee Fever" and there is only one cure.... BOING....

jhe...@work2.EBay.Sun.COM

Eric G.

Sep 3, 1991, 6:55:50 PM9/3/91

[Rot 13'd message un-rot'd]

>Hi there. This is not really joke. Just having some fun with those
>who can't rot13 an article.
>
>To be really mean follow-up to this article with something like

>"Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!"
>

> Stush

Boy, Stush. That was the funniest joke I ever heard!

Did I do it right ??

I guess the freshman have arrived...

OBJ: 2 firemen were engaged in rectal intercourse in a smoke filled
room. In walks the chief:

CHIEF: What the hell is going on here???
PUSHER: I'm treating him for smoke inhillation.
CHIEF: Well why don't you try mouth to mouth??
PUSHER: How do you think this got started ?!?
--
" I feel I'm being eaten by 1,000 raving children... " -R. Smith
" This place has everything... " -3rd Bass

Dan Schnell

Sep 3, 1991, 8:07:40 PM9/3/91

One question: How did the Irishman get into the taxi with that
thing on his leg?

Otherwise, a hilarious yok.

.

Jerry Freter

Sep 3, 1991, 9:15:41 PM9/3/91
In article <1991Sep...@sdd.hp.com> fl...@sdd.hp.com (Bill Flick) writes:

Yeah, When I was about halfway through decoding it using my pencil, and that
Blonde girl's terminal (with the white-out on it) doing a swap by adding
13 letters to the first, then subtracting 26, I nearly fell out of the
chair because I was laughing so hard!!!

J.D.

Kurt Strain

Sep 4, 1991, 11:02:06 AM9/4/91
In rec.humor, JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

This was the funniest thing my Swedish friend ever read but he said it loses
a lot in the translation, so he wouldn't tell me what it said. Could
someone please translate it for me? I would appreciate a belly laugh today
too.

Jim Dean

Sep 4, 1991, 10:04:17 AM9/4/91
un-rot13-ed

|> Hi there. This is not really joke. Just having some fun with those
|> who can't rot13 an article.
|>
|> To be really mean, follow-up to this article with something like

|> "Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!"

Alright, who let the freshman on the system?

Take yourself to alt.stupidity.

And for those who can't rot-13:

If you are in rn, use Control-X (that's Control-Shift-x)
It works in xrn too, or use the Rot-13 button.
If you are really desperate and are in Unix, save the file (with "w" or "s"
in rn, or however you save files) and then do this:

cat roted.file | tr [n-za-mN-ZA-M] [a-zA-Z]

And always remember; if you do this, you are setting yourself up for the
possibility of being offended. Do not blame me for posting rot13
instructions, and do not blame the person who posted the rot13 message.

--
Jim Dean Bell-Northern Research, Ltd |"Dear God, Please give
President, National Capital Baseball League | a bald guy a break."

--
Jim Dean Bell-Northern Research, Ltd |"Dear God, Please give
President, National Capital Baseball League | a bald guy a break."
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada "We play hardball!" | -- Homer Simpson
Internet: jim...@bnr.ca Ph: (613)763-2135 Fax: (613)763-7241

gor...@analog.com

Sep 4, 1991, 2:55:34 PM9/4/91
In article <1991Sep3.2...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com> hov...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com (Ken Hovanes) writes:
>In article <91246.142...@psuvm.psu.edu> JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>This one had me laughing for about 2 days...
>>
>>Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
>>jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.
>>
>>Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
>>"Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"
>>
>>Stush
>
>Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!
>
>I really enjoyed that one!

I found it offensive and stupid. I think Stush should put some kind of
warning on the header. Isn't that what rot13 is for anyway?
Stush, you suck!

Gordon Cheung INTERNET: gordon...@dsp.analog.com
UUNET : uunet!dsp.analog.com!gordon.cheung
7E MAIL : 3 Technology Way
7X Analog Devices
Norwood, MA 02062

Heidi Chilvers

Sep 4, 1991, 11:57:22 AM9/4/91
In article <81...@male.EBay.Sun.COM> jhe...@work2.EBay.Sun.COM (Jheri Birchett)
writes:

>In article <1991Sep...@sdd.hp.com> fl...@sdd.hp.com (Bill Flick) writes:

>>I thought it was a little tacky, especially when refering to the ....oops,
that
>>would ruin the punch line for some people, sorry that I almost spilled the
>>beans. All in all, it was funny - for Rot-13 - that is.
>

>That was about as funny as the "Green golf ball joke".................
>

> kill file, kill file, kill file, kill file.......

It's a bit unfair posting such a joke in Rot-13 when there are some people on
the net who don't know how to work it out!

Then again the joke was so so so funny you have to earn the right to read it.
Oh, I wish I'd thought of it, it was brilliant.

More, more, more, ....

Heidi
xxxxx

David F. Skoll

Sep 4, 1991, 3:54:15 PM9/4/91

>This one had me laughing for about 2 days...

>Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
>jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.

>Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
>"Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"

>Stush

Of course, that's nothing compared to the follow-up joke:

Znoy znxkgj ngy UAZROBKJ ozy ayklartkyy!!! Rkz'y mobk oz
g hxkgq! Oz'y jgstkj gttueotm cnkt yzavojozoky roqk znoy
gxk vxuvgmgzkj ktjrkyyre. O's payz zevotm zu lorr av yvgik
yu znoy ruuqy roqk g puqk. Nkxk O gs xgorotm gmgotyz eua grr
cnkt O's payz gy hgj. Gn ckrr. Ngn!
--
David F. Skoll

Dominique is so injured that Sandra wants to gasp.

Eric G.

Sep 4, 1991, 4:05:20 PM9/4/91
From: ku...@hpnmdla.sr.hp.com (Kurt Strain)

>This was the funniest thing my Swedish friend ever read but he said
>it loses a lot in the translation, so he wouldn't tell me what it
>said. Could someone please translate it for me?

It said something about how ignorantly gullable some people can be,
and I also think it mentioned something about everyone's mother who
made a followup to this article ( I guess including mine ). It also
compared and contrasted the high cost of low living, and noted that
every line I've been typing so far, seems to start and stop exactly
at the same columns( of course this line is exlcuded from notation).

OBJ: How do you keep an ignorantly gullable person insuspense?

John Brookhouse

Sep 4, 1991, 4:05:14 PM9/4/91
In article <1991Sep4.1...@analog.com> gor...@analog.com (gordon...@dsp.analog.com) writes:
>In article <1991Sep3.2...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com> hov...@b17d.b17d.ingr.com (Ken Hovanes) writes:
>>In article <91246.142...@psuvm.psu.edu> JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>>This one had me laughing for about 2 days...
>>>
>>>Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
>>>jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.
>>>
>>>Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
>>>"Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"
>>>
>>>Stush
>>
>>Boy, that was the funniest joke I ever heard!
>>
>>I really enjoyed that one!
>>
> I found it offensive and stupid. I think Stush should put some kind of
>warning on the header. Isn't that what rot13 is for anyway?
> Stush, you suck!

Being the sick individual that I am, I would like to read this joke. However,
I don't have time to try and decode it, so I was wondering if someone out
there has a key. If so, would you please send it to me?

BTW, what is ROT13? Is it a newsgroup? It isn't available to me. Drat!

jo...@lclark.edu
The Joker

Montykins

Sep 4, 1991, 4:55:03 PM9/4/91
In article <1991Sep4.1...@bnr.ca> jim...@bnr.ca writes:

>And always remember; if you do this, you are setting yourself up for the
>possibility of being offended. Do not blame me for posting rot13
>instructions, and do not blame the person who posted the rot13 message.

That's right. Blame the _inventor_ of rot13. That's the Evil
Servant-O-Satan (tm) responsible.

-Paul "Monty" Ashley
(For the confused: see the newsgroup name? Bingo.)
--
"Ask me what I'm doing." | pas...@sdcc13.ucsd.edu
"Okay, what are you doing? Oh no . . ." | [Not a UCSD employee]

Jim Burke

Sep 4, 1991, 5:09:46 PM9/4/91
From article <91246.142...@psuvm.psu.edu>, by JJJ...@psuvm.psu.edu:

> Uv gurer. Guvf vf abg ernyyl wbxr. Whfg univat fbzr sha jvgu gubfr
> jub pna'g ebg13 na negvpyr.

> Gb or ernyyl zrna, sbyybj-hc gb guvf negvpyr jvgu fbzrguvat yvxr
> "Obl, gung jnf gur shaavrfg wbxr V rire urneq!"

Eddy Murphy's version was even funnier... but I guess
it works with virgins equally well...

--
Jim Burke Skyhawk N5336D @PAO
Teknekron Software Systems ... bu...@tss.com

Lip Chau Thoo

Sep 5, 1991, 10:24:43 PM9/5/91

Ha ha haaa.....!!!!!!!!!!! That was a good one, Stush!!! ;^)

Joke coming up

Ad in the press:
"Help wanted for making kites, ..."
[description of job followed]
"... and flying the above mentioned"!!!!

Next:

Ab wbxr ab sha, Ab shpx ab fba !!!

To decrypt it, rot +50, -70, +13, and then followed by 20 rot +1's.

Chau

Lip Chau THOO : Dept of Computer Science, Uni of Canterbury, Christchurch, NZ.
: e-mail: ch...@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz alias: l.chau
If it's not in the computer, it doesn't exist!!

Duke McMullan n5gax

Sep 6, 1991, 10:14:09 AM9/6/91
In article <1991Sep4.1...@bnr.ca> jim...@bnr.ca writes:

>Alright, who let the freshman on the system?

>Take yourself to alt.stupidity.

>And for those who can't rot-13:

>Jim Dean Bell-Northern Research, Ltd |"Dear God, Please give
>President, National Capital Baseball League | a bald guy a break."
>Ottawa, Ontario, Canada "We play hardball!" | -- Homer Simpson
>Internet: jim...@bnr.ca Ph: (613)763-2135 Fax: (613)763-7241

Aw, come on, Jim. This is rec.humor. You should have posted this one to
rec.spoilsport.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429r phon505-255-4642 ee53...@triton.cirt.unm.edu

Augustus Yeo

Sep 11, 1991, 2:11:52 PM9/11/91

I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the keys to decode the rot13 jokes here. They look rather interesting. Thanks in advance.

-- AY

"You have the right to speak your mind.
Anything you say can't and won't be used against you..."

antonio j. galvan

Sep 12, 1991, 4:42:19 AM9/12/91
In article <1991Sep...@sdd.hp.com> fl...@sdd.hp.com (Bill Flick) writes:

HA ! HA ! HA ! SLAP MY THIGH. THAT WAS A GOOD ONE !!

Tom Koziatek

Sep 11, 1991, 11:06:08 PM9/11/91
In article <1991Sep11....@sol.cs.wmich.edu> y...@sol.cs.wmich.edu (Augustus Yeo) writes:

>I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the keys to decode the rot13 jokes here. They look rather interesting. Thanks in advance.
>

>-- AY

Sure. Try this:

jkiod yrkz fffor ajmxn ad a diidodm !$

How's that work ??
-Tom

mtab...@amherst.bitnet

Sep 23, 1991, 1:40:56 PM9/23/91
In article <1991Sep11....@sol.cs.wmich.edu>, y...@sol.cs.wmich.edu (Augustus Yeo) writes:
> I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the keys to decode
> the rot13 jokes here. They look rather interesting. Thanks in advance.

Same here -- thanks.

MTA

HARISH

Sep 27, 1991, 9:15:51 PM9/27/91
In article <13949.2...@amherst.bitnet>, mtab...@amherst.bitnet writes...

Same here too... Thanks in Advance..

-Harish

John Switzer

Sep 27, 1991, 9:55:07 PM9/27/91
In article <22...@helios.TAMU.EDU> hbr...@venus.tamu.edu writes:
>In article <13949.2...@amherst.bitnet>, mtab...@amherst.bitnet writes...
>>In article <1991Sep11....@sol.cs.wmich.edu>, y...@sol.cs.wmich.edu (Augustus Yeo) writes:
>>> I would appreciate if someone could e-mail me the keys to decode
>>> the rot13 jokes here. They look rather interesting. Thanks in advance.

If you are using 'rn' as your newsreader, type x at the propmt to
convert rot13. And try reading the manual sometimes.

--
John Switzer | "My own brother, a god-d*mned,
| sh*t-sucking vampire! Wait till
74076...@Compuserve.com | mom finds out, buddy!"
j...@netcom.com |--from Lost Boys

Michael Goldman

Oct 2, 1991, 10:56:48 AM10/2/91
j...@netcom.COM (John Switzer) writes:

>In article <22...@helios.TAMU.EDU> hbr...@venus.tamu.edu writes:

>If you are using 'rn' as your newsreader, type x at the propmt to
>convert rot13. And try reading the manual sometimes.

The news group "news.newusers" has a frequently asked questions which
talks about this. If you are using "nn", typing "D" will decode rot13

--
Disclaimer: All views are solely my own & not the views of Acuson.

"The difference between life and the movies is that a script
has to make sense, and life doesn't." - Joseph L. Mankiewicz

co...@impactzonetrainingcenter.com

Mar 31, 2020, 1:12:04 PM3/31/20

The Horny Goat

Mar 31, 2020, 7:56:47 PM3/31/20
That really WAS the funniest joke I ever heard!!!

Humorous Nomen

Jun 4, 2020, 1:56:55 AM6/4/20
It actually was the funniest one.