i weep for the oracularities

dsi...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 10:33:37 PM9/19/17
is anyone still here, really?

or just spambots spewing for Oracle Software?

i've done a few nice ones in recent months...

Eli the Bearded

Sep 20, 2017, 1:12:32 AM9/20/17
In rec.humor.oracle.d, <dsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is anyone still here, really?

*ahem*

> or just spambots spewing for Oracle Software?

Spambots spewing ~ Gestapo BMW spin

Sorry, just looking at the letters and thinking of alliterative
anagrams.

Elijah
------
alliterative cesura ~ seemingly sighted

Bohgosity BumaskiL

Jan 2, 2018, 8:46:11 AM1/2/18
On 2017-09-19 11:12 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> In rec.humor.oracle.d, <dsi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> is anyone still here, really?

I'm hardly ever here. I spend oodles of time at
http://brewjay.quora.com/ taking silly questions seriously. There is a
pretty much unused feature of the site, where you could sneak in and
make an attributed joke out of a question. Just put the question _only_
in the topic of jokes.

I haven't used that feature. I'm just saying that it exists, and that
outside of that topic, masking (or obliterating) an answer with a joke
is against policy. It would also take some work to port the oracular
persona there.

It might be more doable in a blog.

> *ahem*

Orrie may become lively again, but really, I think it would take some
serious effort to make him as big as he was at the turn of the century,
when USENET wasn't on the wane.

Eli the Bearded

Jan 3, 2018, 1:22:03 PM1/3/18
In rec.humor.oracle.d, Bohgosity BumaskiL <bre...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> I'm hardly ever here. I spend oodles of time at
> http://brewjay.quora.com/ taking silly questions seriously. There is a
> pretty much unused feature of the site, where you could sneak in and
> make an attributed joke out of a question. Just put the question _only_
> in the topic of jokes.

I find Quora to be an obnoxious site. Not the people, I don't know the
people answering questions well enough to judge, but the attempts to
identify the reader are the obnoxious part, and that's Quora itself.

> It might be more doable in a blog.

I could see a short form working with a Twitter bot.

Elijah
------
hasn't been active on twitter in four or five years

brian....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 11:19:17 AM3/2/18
Og am here. Og am everywhere. Og peek in now and then and cry.

Og loved Or-Rah-Kul Og am supplicant from Internet Oracularity #959-08

Og move on. Og lose to spam-bots. Og take Ogwa (spear-thrower), and Oglings, and tribe of Og and cousins of Og. Leave ocean shore. Og return to central Africa. Og build bridge to future from there.

Where is cancelmoose these days? Where is usenet cancels?

Og am angry every time Og come here. WHERE AM OG SPIKEY CLUB?

But Og busy. Og tired. Og no longer sysadmin. Now just recovering caveman scary devil.

Og have no spoons. Og only have knives. We busy. WE BUSY!

Did I ever mention Ogwa's lovely natural hair?

brian....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2018, 11:35:48 AM3/2/18
On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 7:33:37 PM UTC-7, dsi...@gmail.com wrote:
Og again. Og is researching Og. Wow. Og was prolific in the day... Twenty years? Really? That long? Og thought it yesterday!

Anyway... Og is in book coming out soon.... soon-ish... eventually.

Og is discovering whole Og diaspora. Straightdope, where they worship Og as deity.

"Subject: When did Og appear?" is merely Og in the Oracular context. Pretty close to early Og.

Eli the Bearded

Mar 2, 2018, 1:13:47 PM3/2/18
In rec.humor.oracle.d, <brian....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is cancelmoose these days? Where is usenet cancels?

At my end of the Path, I see not much spam these days.

+ bloom-beacon.mit.edu!168.235.88.217.MISMATCH!feeder.erje.net!2.us.
+ feeder.erje.net!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.
+ usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.
+ dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!t24no2275291qtn.0!news-out.
+ google.com!m4ni690qte.0!nntp.google.com!r16no2259581qtn.1!
+ postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

Maybe that's because I read news somewhere that's serious about spam
rather than somewhere that is in it for the ad views.

> But Og busy. Og tired. Og no longer sysadmin. Now just recovering caveman scary devil.

I never was a reader of the monestary. I gather most of those folks have
migrated to their private hierarchy, the one that was the model for the
ill-fated Usenet-II. The private hierarchy is alive and well. Usenet-II
is not.

> Did I ever mention Ogwa's lovely natural hair?

Who is this? Og never uses first person.

Elijah
------
has two answers in the latest, but only likes one of them