iimigration

edgar

Jul 28, 2010, 7:03:51 AM7/28/10
In 1936, Morris Rabinowitz fled his native Germany .He sold his assets and
made five sets of solid gold teeth with his cash, well above the limit he
could bring into the U.S. When he arrived in New York the customs official
was perplexed as to why anybody would have five sets of gold teeth. So
Morris explained: "Jews who keep kosher have two separate sets of dishes for
meat products and dairy products, but, I am so religious I also have
separate sets of teeth."

The customs official shook his head and said, "Well that accounts for two
sets of teeth. What about the other three?"

"Very religious Jews use separate dishes for Passover, but, I am so Orthodox
have separate teeth for Passover meat and for Passover dairy food...."

The customs official shook his head and said, "You must be a man of very
strong faith to have separate teeth for meat and dairy products and likewise
for Passover. That accounts for four sets of teeth. What about the fifth
set?"

Morris looked around and spoke softly. "To tell you the truth," he said,
"once in a while I like a ham sandwich."