Identifying an Heraldic Bronze Sculpture

Rock Vacirca

Sep 25, 2022, 10:47:11 AM9/25/22
Hi guys,
a friend of mine picked up a big, heavy piece of bronze sculpture (or casting) of a griffin that looks definitely heraldic in nature. It is about 1m in length, and 1m high to the tip of its vertical wings

Unfortunately (or maybe not) it was all of one tincture, sable (black).

If I was to write the blazon for it, it would be:

A griffin passant, sable, Ducally gorged

But of course no shield, and no other info. It has no identification markings.

Have I been given the impossible task of coming up with more info?

Cheers
Wibs

Scott55

Sep 26, 2022, 1:16:37 AM9/26/22
You need to try and find a casting mark or other identifiable mark. An image would also be very helpful, but images can't be posted here. However, Facebook is is VERY image friendly, and has numerous heraldry pages.