HAM RADIO and the ATARI ST

Mike Nowicki

Nov 28, 1988, 3:38:26 PM11/28/88

Does anyone have or know of public domain software for the Atari ST that
is of help to ham radio? In particular I need software for RTTY and CW.

Adam_I...@cup.portal.com

Dec 1, 1988, 12:59:45 AM12/1/88
I am also interested in learning about RTTY software, preferably
sharware. I am studying for my Novice license and would like to
interface my ST to my receiver to receive RTTY and/or convert morse
code.

sun!portal!cup.portal.com!adam_i_borin

Mike Nowicki

Dec 1, 1988, 2:35:11 PM12/1/88

Since I've had no response from anyone on this system about interfacing
the ST with ham radio I've decided to hack it out myself. I've got it
working but it still needs more debugging. It's actually quite simple to
set up the serial port for RTTY but you have to create a lookup table
for the translations.
I'm using an MFJ (1229 I think is the model #) with an Icom R-70. Will
let you know when the program is working pretty good and is ready for
distribution.
Good luck on your novice test!

73!

Mike Nowicki N6LUU