Mosin Nagant....more questions :)

Superrdave

Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98

Hello everyone...

I'm now the proud owner of an M-N that's in purty good condition.

Not a showpiece, mind you, but it's nothing to sneeze at either.

While disassembling it to clean out all that nasty earwaxy cosmoline,
I noticed the words "Schweiz Industrie-Gesellschaft, Neuhausen"
engraved on the reciever. S/N is 94-2562 ...

Does anyone out there know anything of this? Or better yet, are there any good
books on the M/N?

Thank you MUCH in advance, and happy shootin'!
Dave

Lee Russell

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

This is a Finnish rifle, assembled from captured Russian weapons in the
1920's. The Finns did a deal for new barrels with the Swiss.

There is a big expensive book on MN's out there, but I have never seen if
offerred for sale anywhere where I could preview it first.

Dan Z. Johnson

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Dave, take a look at my site, The Mosin-Nagant Webpage:
http://www.voicenet.com/~danz/MN/

Look in the Bibliography section and you will see a book by Doug
Bowser, "Rifles of the Snow". This book will give you all there is to
know on the Finn Mosin-Nagants. Please note that Doug has rewritten
and enlarged this book, and it's new title is "Rifles of the White
Death", refering to the Finns use of the MN in the Winter War of 1939
against the Soviets.
There is an email link there to Doug, and he can give you ordering
information.
BTW, what you have there is a SIG barreled Finn remake of a Russian
Mosin-Nagant. It's a rifle chock-full of history.
-DanZ
Dan Z. Johnson, Photojournalist da...@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~danz/