Federal arms FA 91, I need advice/parts

pyotr filipivich

Feb 19, 2020, 7:20:13 AM2/19/20
Greetings and Salutations

It has been almost 10 years, but I have one of my FAL rifles back.
(It turns out, the other one had been a "hot" rifle.) My thanks to the
ATF & FBI. Rah!.

Okay, I finally get the time to tear them done, and I am now
wondering "was I always missing those pins? or did they get lost
somewhere along the line?"
The pins in specific are the "Stock locking pins" #56
<https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/federal-arms/fa-91?page=3>
They hold the stock onto the receiver, and I gather are rather
important. (The reason I wonder if the pins were missing is that I
had some problems with one of the FALs, and I _think_ it might have
been this one.)

The above URL is "out of stock", or I'd be ordering there..Anyway,
what I need is a source or alternatives. (I know, "I was a machinist
once, I can make my own", but ...)
--
pyotr filipivich
"We don't support "guns" ... the term "gun" gets in the way of

Peter Franks

Feb 19, 2020, 3:14:33 PM2/19/20
On 2/19/2020 4:20 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
# Greetings and Salutations
#
# It has been almost 10 years, but I have one of my FAL rifles back.
# (It turns out, the other one had been a "hot" rifle.) My thanks to the
# ATF & FBI. Rah!.

What's the back story here? Sounds interesting...

boo...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2020, 4:32:16 PM2/19/20
https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-91-g3-parts-c9/hk-91-g3-stocks-end-caps-braces-c114

https://www.keepshooting.com/hk-g3-buttstock-pin-4-pack.html

you can use the two holes in the stock to store the pins when disassembling. I didn't know this for a long time.

pyotr filipivich

Feb 19, 2020, 4:32:17 PM2/19/20
Peter Franks <peter....@cox.net> on Wed, 19 Feb 2020 20:14:31 +0000
(UTC) typed in rec.guns the following:
#On 2/19/2020 4:20 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
## Greetings and Salutations
##
## It has been almost 10 years, but I have one of my FAL rifles back.
## (It turns out, the other one had been a "hot" rifle.) My thanks to the
## ATF & FBI. Rah!.
#
#What's the back story here? Sounds interesting...

About ten years ago, I got burgled.
Four years ago, I get a letter from the FBI, my rifles had been
recovered, and after being used as evidence, it was now possible to
return them to their rightful owner "if I could identify...".
You would not believe the amount of paperwork gets generated from
"simple" police reports. I had two, one as a witness, one as the
householder, so I ordered the DVD.
Hurry up and wait.

In the meantime, I've moved, installed a gun safe. And made sure
I have records of all such items. Serial numbers are a good thing.
--
pyotr filipivich

pyotr filipivich

Feb 19, 2020, 9:59:42 PM2/19/20
boo...@gmail.com on Wed, 19 Feb 2020 21:32:14 +0000 (UTC) typed in
rec.guns the following:
#https://hkparts.net/shop/pc/hk-91-g3-parts-c9/hk-91-g3-stocks-end-caps-braces-c114
#
#https://www.keepshooting.com/hk-g3-buttstock-pin-4-pack.html
#
#you can use the two holes in the stock to store the pins when disassembling. I didn't know this for a long time.

LOL - yeah. I recall pulling bolts, taking "it" apart, then
putting the bolts back. At leas I have some idea where the were .