Remington Nylon 66 serial number info

Jason Wright

Dec 4, 2002, 7:27:18 AM12/4/02
I am trying to find out some info on my Remington Nylon 66.
I can't seem to find the serial number. Call me stupid.

Just in front of the sight it says:
"PAT. PEND.
Remington
22 L.R ONLY
EN 34"

On the back of the stock it says:
"REMINGTON ARMS
CO. INC.
ILION, NY."

The bottom circular part of the stock says:
"Remington
Nylon
66"

I know hundreds of thousands of these were produced for 30 years, but please
help me find the serial number for mine.

Thx
Wayne in Brandon
jwr...@tampabay.rr.com

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com

KCOM

Dec 4, 2002, 2:43:48 PM12/4/02

#
# Just in front of the sight it says:
# "PAT. PEND.
# Remington
# 22 L.R ONLY
# EN 34"
#
# On the back of the stock it says:
# "REMINGTON ARMS
# CO. INC.
# ILION, NY."
#
# The bottom circular part of the stock says:
# "Remington
# Nylon
# 66"
#
# I know hundreds of thousands of these were produced for 30 years, but
# please
# help me find the serial number for mine.

Simplest solution would be to contact the factory.

--
Steve

Kenneth Coney

Dec 4, 2002, 2:44:44 PM12/4/02
It should be on the stamped metal cover (receiver). Left hand side.

User7902

Dec 4, 2002, 2:44:56 PM12/4/02
early one made before 68 had no serial #

DDailey

Dec 4, 2002, 2:47:31 PM12/4/02
"Jason Wright" <jwri...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

[...]
Hello,
I have an Mohawk Brown Nylon 66,circa 1972-73.The serial number on mine is
located on the left hand side of the receiver.Perhaps yours has worn off.
DanD

Andy Cobb

Dec 5, 2002, 8:14:07 AM12/5/02
I have a 1963 production Apache Black model & it was dated by Remington
using the S/N on the left side of the receiver. However - if there is no
number there the receiver cover was probably replaced due to rust or
corrosion because it is the natural balance point for one-handed carry. I
couldn't tell you how many I've seen rusted in that location.

--
Andy Cobb

"User7902" <user...@aol.com> wrote in message

User7902

Dec 5, 2002, 8:24:48 PM12/5/02
Mine is not worn off & never been refinished Remington dated it by a code
stamped on the barrel as produced 5/65

Jason Wright

Dec 10, 2002, 9:28:39 AM12/10/02
Thank you all for the useful info.

I have found everything and anything I need at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/.

"Jason Wright" <jwri...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

please

smud...@gmail.com

May 19, 2017, 5:44:02 AM5/19/17
In front of forward hand grip , bottom of barrel, mine is 4606xx

scotth...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2018, 8:52:24 AM7/1/18
EN is month & year it was made.. e=October, n=1966. Rifles made
before 1968 didn't require serial numbers..

nanne...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2019, 7:38:32 AM3/14/19
On Wednesday, December 4, 2002 at 7:27:18 AM UTC-5, Jason Wright wrote:
# I am trying to find out some info on my Remington Nylon 66.
# I can't seem to find the serial number. Call me stupid.
#
# Just in front of the sight it says:
# "PAT. PEND.
# Remington
# 22 L.R ONLY
# EN 34"
#
# On the back of the stock it says:
# "REMINGTON ARMS
# CO. INC.
# ILION, NY."
#
# The bottom circular part of the stock says:
# "Remington
# Nylon
# 66"
#
# I know hundreds of thousands of these were produced for 30 years, but please
# help me find the serial number for mine.

There are several, good, on-line resources for tracing your 66.
If there is no # stamped into the metal receiver cover, you may find somethin on the
underside of the barrel (requires field stripping=EZ)
There may be some Dates codes stamped into the barrel, on both sides of the rear sight mount.
FYI- Remington (and others) did not put serial #s on guns until 1967, in compliance with the
Gun Control Act of 1968.