Rabaser rubber band pistol - Wayne Arms Co.

Skip Clemmons & Susan Day

Oct 28, 2001, 8:52:58 PM10/28/01
I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
"Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

skip

You can learn about rec.guns at http://doubletap.cs.umd.edu/rec.guns

keith...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2012, 7:53:59 PM12/16/12
were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun? I am trying to replace the bands for my dad and they are all broken.

thanks,
keith

Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.net

Martin Eastburn

Dec 16, 2012, 11:11:09 PM12/16/12
What do they look like ?

I used tire inner tube that was sliced thin.
mhe

Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

Dec 17, 2012, 8:29:25 PM12/17/12
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:53:59 PM UTC-7, keith...@gmail.com wrote:
# were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun?

You should be able to modify one of these sizes, or they might even work as-is.
http://www.rubberbandguns.com/ammunition

TimR

Dec 17, 2012, 8:29:27 PM12/17/12
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:53:59 PM UTC-5, keith...@gmail.com wrote:
# were you ever able to find any ammunition for the gun? I am trying to replace the bands for my dad and they are all broken.
#

What an impressive looking gun!

#From the image, it looks like the ammo is just thin rubber tubing, connected with a short plastic piece? I've never seen one of these.

Anyway, go here: http://slingshotforum.com/forum/93-slingshot-bands-and-tubes/
and look at the Chinese tubing section. You can get high quality tubing in any conceivable dimension here.

da...@mooresystems.com

Nov 29, 2013, 6:40:20 PM11/29/13
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

I also need bands. Did you find any?

Gunner Asch

Nov 30, 2013, 5:06:44 AM11/30/13
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 23:40:20 +0000 (UTC), da...@mooresystems.com
wrote:

#On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
## I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
## This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
## Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
## "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
## can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#
#
#I also need bands. Did you find any?

Perhaps you should approach this from another direction.

Google "latex rubber bands" gives 1.08 million hits

Gunner Asch

Nov 30, 2013, 5:06:45 AM11/30/13
wrote:

#On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
## I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
## This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
## Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
## "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
## can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#
#
#I also need bands. Did you find any?

A simple google of "rubber band gun ammo" gives us 360,000 hits

The very first hit was this one

http://www.rubberbandguns.com/

Check under "ammo"

Gunner

IGot2P

Dec 3, 2013, 5:20:50 AM12/3/13
On 11/29/2013 5:40 PM, da...@mooresystems.com wrote:
# On Sunday, October 28, 2001 8:53:03 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# # I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# # This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# # Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# # "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# # can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#
#
# I also need bands. Did you find any?
#

I have been looking for mine since I saw your post and finally found it.
It was in one of my gun safes of all places. :-)

With the box, gun, gun case, original papers, and the receipt dated
02/23/84 were two packages of the rubber band ammo. One pack marked
"standard velocity" and the other marked "high velocity". Of course I
had to try them but no joy...broke three in a row. As they were in a gun
safe at 52 degrees F I thought they might have been a bit cool thus I am
currently letting them warm up to around 70 and then will try a couple more.

An no, I have not found a place to get the original ammo. OTOH, if you
need another gun there are a couple on Ebay ($199 and $259).

Don

240s...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 4:39:44 PM4/2/14
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 6:53:03 PM UTC-7, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

I found while cleaning out an old gun closet 6 packages (10pcs ea) of the standard
velocity bands and 3 packages of the "high velocity" with original receipt from Wayne
Arms Company dated 4/1/1985

I was tempted to make use of them. But I could be convinced to sell them, All bands
are in original packaging and were in a dark closet with the ziploc style bags sealed
still containing the silicone wiper pads in each bag.

Let me know if you are interested.

IGot2P

Apr 2, 2014, 7:15:58 PM4/2/14
On 4/2/2014 3:39 PM, 240s...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

I am not the OP of 13 years ago but I also found several bags of them
but unfortunately when I tried to use them they all broke...got quite
weak over time.

mikethe...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 8:41:27 PM5/6/15
See eBay seller
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11021.m43.l3160/7?euid=e978ea790ea44981a1ef1c6fcce5a618&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D331547377472&exe=11896&ext=29353

Retiredassasin (3685) is the seller.

It came up on a search for 'rabaser'
I ordered some today and will post about it when received.
Mike b.

bdeb...@aol.com

May 21, 2015, 10:00:30 PM5/21/15
I have one Rabaser gun in mint condition still in the box with a few bands and the
bag which is starting to fall apart and some paper work. Was going to list it after
the weekend. Offers ? Ken

krr...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 8:38:07 AM1/13/16
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 7:52:58 PM UTC-6, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

Could someone post a scan of the paperwork and instructions. Thank you!

krr...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2016, 10:07:46 PM1/16/16
Anybody know what the difference was between the two types of ammo. Was the high power shorter or have a thicker wall thickness?
Thanks

lhan...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2018, 12:58:59 PM8/12/18
I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.

Frank

Aug 14, 2018, 3:05:29 PM8/14/18
On 8/12/2018 12:58 PM, lhan...@gmail.com wrote:
# I just inherited one from my dad. Everything was in the box. All the paperwork, even the ammo.
# But after 30 years all the ammo rubber had broken. I have photos but not sure how to upload them.
#
#
This is probably it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-Wayne-Arms-Company-Rabaser-Precision-Rubber-Band-Gun-Nice-/323017917858

I have a rubber band pistol but it is not as slick as this one - just
plain wood. Rubber bands not as fancy. Also has a spinning target you
can shoot at.

wan...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2019, 7:57:58 PM4/12/19
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 8:52:58 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day =
wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks

I worked for Wayne Arms and in fact used to manufacture the bands. We would
use surgical tubing and connect the ends with polypropylene cable. The ends
of the connecting cable would be given a rough texture using a dremel tool
and sanding paddle tip we made. We would roughen the ends then attach to the
tubing using industrial cyanoacrylates (super glue). We also would treat the
bands using D.M.S.O. (dimethyl sulfoxide) as a softening agent before roughing
the ends. If you have any other questions let me know. :D

saw...@goldenwest.net

Jun 7, 2019, 1:29:35 PM6/7/19
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 7:52:58 PM UTC-6, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammuntion or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.
#
# skip

If a person got some surgical tubing (the correct diameter) and some correct diameter string trimmer line could you make your own?

saw...@goldenwest.net

Jun 7, 2019, 1:29:37 PM6/7/19
# wrote:
[...]

Could you get the correct size surgical tubing and string trimmer line and make your own?

ginof...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2019, 7:09:40 AM11/6/19
On Sunday, October 28, 2001 at 8:52:58 PM UTC-5, Skip Clemmons & Susan Day wrote:
# I have a Rabaser high tech rubber band gun and am in need of ammunition.
# This gun dates from the mid 80's and is of very high quality manufacture by
# Wayne Arms Company of Overland Park Kansas. Do you have a resource for the
# "Baser band" latex ammunition or any contact for the Wayne Arms Company. I
# can not find a web or phone contact. Even Google comes up empty. Thanks.

Waine Arms Company , 9125 Borton, OVERLAND PARK KS 66214 is the last address know for order ammunition as it is informed on the original RABASER Pistol Owner's manual.