Best way to kill Pepper Tree ?

Daniel Pelletier

Oct 3, 1994, 4:44:30 PM10/3/94
I just moved into a house that had a large Brazilian Pepper(Schinus molle)
which was cut off at ground level. Now it is sprouting up from the roots.
Roundup has no effect. How do I get rid of this tree permanently? If istump
grind it,will it continu to sprout from roots left in the soil? If I dig the
stump out, will it continue to sprout from roots left in the soil? Is there
something I can spray or paint on that is systemic enough to kill it all or
that I can spray on new sprouts? Or if I keep cutting out new sprouts will the
roots they are growing from eventually die out?

Deborah Pearce

Oct 5, 1994, 6:32:05 PM10/5/94
In article <1994Oct3...@vax.cerritos.edu> pell...@cerritos.edu (Daniel Pelletier) writes:
>From: pell...@cerritos.edu (Daniel Pelletier)
>Subject: Best way to kill Pepper Tree ?
>Date: 3 Oct 94 12:44:30 PST

There is a plant poison called stump killer. This is what you need for tree
stumps.

Brent Dickerson

Oct 10, 1994, 12:53:39 PM10/10/94
Deborah Pearce (mis...@sysa.adm.duke.edu) wrote:

Just a footnote:

Isn't the Brazilian Pepper *Schinus terebinthifolia*? The so-called
California Pepper (actually, it comes I believe from Peru) is *Schinus
Molle* (the first "California" Pepper tree in California still grows in
the garden of Mission San Luis Rey outside Oceanside, California).

--BCD