GENESIS John Madden Football -- questions

Jeff Sullivan

Nov 26, 1990, 3:52:15 PM11/26/90

Some questions with respect to JMF for Genesis:

1. What is the purpose of the removable yellow tab on the cartridge?
Is it purely decorative?

2. Are there any injuries in the game? What penalties have you
gotten?

3. Can more than 1 person play in the Playoffs? (i.e., Can I play
the Raiders while my bud plays the Steelers? Or will the rounds that
he plays the steelers result in the raiders' game being automatically
played?)

4. It *does* have real 2-player capacity, right? (Only have 1
controller now)

5. Are there any hideden features I would like to know about?

Thanks,

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan | Senior Systems Programmer
j...@venera.isi.edu | Information Sciences Institute
j...@isi.edu DELPHI: JSULLIVAN | University of Southern California

Cad DEVAUGHN

Nov 26, 1990, 5:33:00 PM11/26/90
In article <15...@venera.isi.edu>, j...@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes...

>Some questions with respect to JMF for Genesis:
>
>1. What is the purpose of the removable yellow tab on the cartridge?
>Is it purely decorative?

This is the first game I have bought from Electronic Arts. Since, I haven't
been able to do anything with the tab, I assume it is a fancy advertising
symbol fo EA.

>2. Are there any injuries in the game? What penalties have you
>gotten?

I haven't notice any injuries, but I don't play with the same set of
players. As for penalties, here's the list I've come up with:
Offsides
Pass Interference (hard to get)
Delay of game
Illegal procedure (try an onsides kick without call an audible)

>3. Can more than 1 person play in the Playoffs? (i.e., Can I play
>the Raiders while my bud plays the Steelers? Or will the rounds that
>he plays the steelers result in the raiders' game being automatically
>played?)

Nope.

>4. It *does* have real 2-player capacity, right? (Only have 1
>controller now)

Yep!

>5. Are there any hideden features I would like to know about?

Still looking. I would really like to know if you can find any.

Cad DeVaughn |When the play ends and the game's over,
Computer Lab Manager |we are left to ask 'Where is the exit?'.
Pitzer College |
c...@pitzer.claremont.edu |