SEGA Genesis new games list

Sir Han J. Lee

Mar 5, 1991, 7:18:06 PM3/5/91

The following article is a verbatim copy (except I didn't include
the Master System section) of a letter that I recently received from
SEGA of America:

SEGA OF AMERICA, INC.
Consumer Products Division

Hello!

We've enclosed this copy of our new game release information to show you
what Sega has planned for both the Master System and the Genesis in the
coming months. His release information is updated monthly. You can
call (415) 871-GAME between the hours of 9:00am and 7:00pm, Monday through
Friday, or 9:00am to 6:00pm, Satruday and Sunday, PST, to listen to "Up
to the minute" prerecorded game release announcements. If you'd like more
information regarding game play type, skill level, or strategies of a
game our Consumer Service agents will be happy to help you with that
information.

In our attemp to keep you informed we have coded the games listed in the
following manner...

GAME CODE INFORMATION:

GAME TYPE CODES:
A = Action B = Adventure Role Playing C = Sports
D = Shooter E = Arcade F = Puzzle
G = Simulator H = Driving

DIFFICULTY CODES:
1 = easy and/or good for yougn players
2 = fairly easy
3 = average, most players will finish this game after playing it
for a while.
4 = hard, this will challenge all but the expert players
5 = expert, very difficult

RELEASE DATE CODES:
out = released to retail
win = Jan, Feb
spr = Mar, Apr, May
sum = June, July, Aug
fall = Sept, Oct, Nov
1991 = date to be announced

We hope that this information will help you choose the type of games you
like within the skill level most appropriate to your level of expertise.

your free subscriptionto sega Visions will get you one outrageous issue
each quarter of 1991, plus free posters, exclusive trading cards,
special bulletins with tips and strategy hints!

* SEGA OF AMERICA IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE ADDITION OF OUR NEW PHONE
ORDERING SYSTEM. This new system will help you purchase our exciting
Sega Games from the convenience of your own home. you can place your credit
card order by calling 1-800-USA-SEGA between the hours of 9:00am and
7:00pm, monday through Friday or 9:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday,
PST. Be sure you have your Master Card or Visa number ready (credit card
orders will not be accepted from minors).

Thank you for choosing Sega and for your continued support of our products!

Sincerly,
Sega Consumer Services

this information was last updated : February 22, 1991

OTHER GAMES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR THE OUR GAME SYSTEMS WHICH ARE NOT
INCLUDED ON THIS NEW RELEASE LIST INCLUDE:

FOR GENESIS
Air Diver Alex Kidd : Enchanted Castle
Arnold Palmer Golf Coulumns
Cyberball Ghostbusters
Ghouls n' ghosts Golden Axe
Herzog Zwei Last Battle
Mystic Defender Phantasy Star II
Revenge of Shinobi Rambo III
Space Harrier II Super Hang-On
Super Hydlide Super Thunder Blade
Tommy Lasorda Baseball Truxton
World Championship Soccer Zoom!

NEW AND FUTURE RELEASES GENESIS 16 BIT SYSTEM :

GAME NAME RELEASED BY PLAYER TYPE DIFF DUE
688 Attack Sub SEGA 1 G 5 sum
Abrams Tank SEGA 1 G 5 spr
After Burner II SEGA 1 D 2 out
Air Blaster KANEKO 1-2 D 4 win
Alien Storm SEGA 1-2 A 3 sum
American Cup Mentrix 1991
Arrow Flash Renovation 1 D 3 Spr
Atomic Robo Kid Treco USA,INC D 4 win
Battle Master Mirrorsoft 1991
Battle Squadron Electronic Arts 1-2 D 1 out
Bean Ball Benny Nuvision spr
Berlin Wall KANEKO A 3 win
Bimini Run Nuvision 1 D 3 out
Block Out Electronic Arts 1 F spr
Blue Almanac Sage's Creation spr
Budokan Electronic Arts 1-2 C 3 out
Burning Force Namco 1 D 3 out
Buster Douglas Boxing SEGA 1-2 E 3 out
Cadaver Mirrorsoft, LTD 1991
California Games SEGA C fall
Corporation Virgin Mastronics 1991
Crack Down Sage's Creation 1-2 A 2 spr
Cross Fire Kyugo Trdng CO. D spr
Curse INTV 1 D 3 win
D-Axe SEGA A/B fall
Dando Treco USA,INC 1 B spr
Dark Castle Electronic Arts A spr
Darwin 4081 Sage's Creation 1 D 3 1991
Demolition Rally Seismic 1991
Dick Tracy SEGA 1 D 3 spr
Dinoland Renovation 1991
DJ Boy KANEKO 1 A 2 out
Dynamite Duke SEGA 1 E 2 out
E-SWAT SEGA 1 A 2 out
Elemental Master TechnoSoft 1 D 3 spr
Fantasia SEGA A sum
Fatal Labarynth SEGA 1 B 3 spr
Final Zone Renovation 1 D 2 out
Fire Shark Dreamworks 1 D 2 out
Flicky SEGA 1 E win
G-LOC SEGA A spr
Gain Ground Renovation 1-2 A 2 spr
GAIARES Renovation D 4 out
Grenada Renovation D 5 spr
Hard Drivin' Tengen 1 E 2 out
Hell Fire Seismic 1 D 4 out
Insector X Sage's Creation 1 D 2 out
James Pond Electronic Arts A spr
Jesse "The Body" Ventura Dreamworks C spr
Joe Montana Football SEGA 1-2 C 3 out
John Madden Football Electronic Arts 1-2 C 4 out
Junction Micronet USA 1 F 5 win
Kabuki Seismic fall
Kageki Sage's Creation C spr
Klax Tengen 1-2 E 3 out
Lakers vs Celtics Electronic Arts 1-2 C 3 out
Land Buster Seismic fall
Macross Seismic Spr
Magical Hat SEGA 1 A 3 fall
MERCS SEGA 1-2 E fall
M J's Moonwalker SEGA 1-2 E 2 out
Mickey Castle of Illusion SEGA 1 A 2 out
Midnight Resistance Data East, USA 1 A 2 spr
Mondu's Fight Palace Activision 1-2 C 3 out
Ms. Pacman Tengen E/A spr
Musha Seismic 1 D spr
Out Run SEGA 1 E fall
Paperboy Tengen E spr
Pat Riley Basketball SEGA 1-2 C 2 out
PGA Tour Golf Electronic Arts C spr
Phantasy Star III SEGA B sum
Phelios Namco 1 D 2 out
Pit Figther Tengen E/A fall
Pwer Ball Namco C spr
Power Drift (!) SEGA C fall :-)
Predator II Mirrorsoft A 1991
Raiden Bignet, USA fall
Rastan Saga II Taito 1 A 2 fall
RBI 3 (Baseball) Tengen 1-2 C spr
Road Rash Electronic Arts G spr
Roadblasters Tengen E/H/D fall
Sagaia Taito 1 D 4 fall
Shadow Blasters Sage's Creation 1-2 D 3 out
Shadow Dancer SEGA 1 E 3 out
Shining in the Darkness SEGA 1 B fall
Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA 1 A sum
Space Invaders '91 Taito 1 D spr
Speedball II Mirrorsoft C fall
Spiderman SEGA 1 A spr
Star Cruiser Dreamworks 1 B/A spr
Storm Lord Razor Soft 1 A spr
Street Smart Treco E/A fall
Streets of Rage SEGA 1-2 A sum
Strider SEGA 1 E 2 out
Super Burger Time Data East fall
Super Monaco GP SEGA 1 E 3 out
Super Volleyball Video Systems 1-2 C 3 out
Swamp Thing Nuvision A 1991
sword of Sodan Electronic Arts 1 A 4 out
Sword of Vermillion SEGA 1 B 3 out
Target Earth Dreamworks 1 A 5 out
Task Force Harrier Treco D spr
Techno Cop Razor Soft 1 A/D 3 out
Thunder Force III Technosoft 1 D 3 out
Toejam and Earl SEGA 1-2 B 2 fall
Too Crude Data East E/A 1991
Trampoline Terror Dreamworks 1 E 3 out
Valis III Renovation 1 A 3 spr
Vette! SEGA 1 G sum
Wardener Mentrix 1 A fall
Warrior of Rome Micronet 1 G 5 spr
(formerly title Caesar)
Whip Rush Renovation 1 D 2 out
Wings of War Dreamworks 1 D 4 spr
Winter Games SEGA C sum
Zany Golf Electronic Arts 1-4 C 3 out

SEGA of America and its third party licensees reserve the right to delay
or cancel games as necessary.

End of the letter

See if you can find your favorite games from the above list!
I'll also be getting the March issues (actually February in Japan) of
Mega Drive Fan and Beep! Mega Drive in any day; I'll post a complete list
of new Japanese Mega Drive games then.

___
/| /|| |/\ Han J. Lee
/ |/ || |>-| hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU