Booga Booga! Terrorist PS2s!!!!

Orenthal the Bus Driving Murderer

Oct 25, 2003, 3:38:33 PM10/25/03

Remember THIS scare tactic?:

Why Iraq's buying up Sony PlayStation 2s
Intelligence experts fear games bundled for military applications

By Joseph Farah
© 2000 WorldNetDaily.com

Many American kids may be disappointed on Christmas morning because the
Sony PlayStation 2 they wanted wound up in Iraq.

Both the U.S. Customs Service and the FBI are investigating the apparent
transfer of large numbers of Sony PlayStation 2s to Iraq, according to
military intelligence sources.

A secret Defense Intelligence Agency report states that as many as 4,000
of the popular video game units have been purchased in the United States
and shipped to Iraq in the last two to three months.

What gives? Does Saddam Hussein have an extraordinarily long Christmas
shopping list? And why would U.S. military and intelligence officials be
concerned about such a transfer?

Two government agencies are investigating the purchases because the
PlayStations can be bundled together into a sort of crude super-computer
and used for a variety of military applications, say intelligence
sources.

"Most Americans don't realize that each PlayStation unit contains a CPU
-- every bit as powerful as the processor found in most desktop and
laptop computers," said one military intelligence officer who declined to
be identified. "Beyond that, the graphics capabilities of a PlayStation
are staggering -- five times more powerful than that of a typical
graphics workstation, and roughly 15 times more powerful than the
graphics cards found in most PCs."

A single PlayStation can generate up to 75 million polygons per second.
Polygons, as noted in the DIA report, are the basic units used to
generate the surface of 3-D models -- extremely useful in military design
and modeling applications.

"When I first saw this report, I was highly skeptical," said an
intelligence source. "So, I did some checking with computer experts I
know within the Department of Defense. From what they tell me, bundling
these video game units is very feasible."

Additionally, Sony will make the process even easier with planned
upgrades to the system. Beginning early next year, you can purchase a
plug-in, 3.5 gig hard drive for the PlayStation, along with interface
units that allow integration into the World Wide Web. If the Iraqis have
trouble developing military software for the PlayStation computer system,
they can probably find needed assistance on the Internet, say U.S.
intelligence sources.

What could Iraq do with such a primitive super-computer constructed with
Sony PlayStation 2s?

"Applications for this system are potentially frightening," said an
intelligence source. "One expert I spoke with estimated that an
integrated bundle of 12-15 PlayStations could provide enough computer
power to control an Iraqi unmanned aerial vehicle, or UAV -- a pilotless
aircraft."

Iraq has been working on development of UAVs for several years as a
possible platform for delivering chemical weapons, say intelligence
experts.

Bundled PlayStation computers could also be used to calculate ballistic
data for long-range missiles, or in the design of nuclear weapons, they
add. Iraq has long had difficulty calculating the potential yield of
nuclear devices -- a critical requirement in designing such weapons.
Networking these computers might provide a method for correcting this
deficiency, said one intelligence source.

So, why doesn't Saddam Hussein simply buy computers or workstations from
friendly nations or on the black market? While this is a possibility,
current United Nations sanctions prohibit the sale or transfer of
virtually all types of computer hardware and technology to Iraq. However,
computer-based video game systems -- like the PlayStation 2 -- are not
included in the ban. Iraq's scientists and engineers have apparently
found a convenient loophole in the U.N. sanctions.

Defense experts say it is also relatively easy to smuggle PlayStations
into Iraq, since customs inspectors don't view toys as potential military
weapons. Jordanian and Turkish inspectors rarely examine "small"
shipments under 100 pounds, making it possible to send large numbers of
PlayStations into Iraq without arousing suspicion.

The Sony PlayStation 2 is one of the most popular all-in-one home
entertainment systems of its kind. At just over 4 pounds, it contains a
300 MHz-driven, 128-bit CPU. In addition to a plethora of new games
designed to utilize PlayStation 2's hardware, it can play games from the
original PlayStation's library, audio compact discs and DVD movies.

Not only has Saddam Hussein apparently found a creative way around the
computer embargo, he has helped to exacerbate the Sony PlayStation 2
shortage reported in many parts of the United States. eToys.com and other
e-tailers are sold out of the units and not expecting any more shipments
in time for Christmas.

Joseph Farah is editor and chief executive officer of WorldNetDaily.com.

--
You Need To Be Doper
http://www.bedoper.com

No 757 Hit The Pentagon, You Idiot
http://www.bedoper.com/pentagon

Supernews sucks it hard.

Peter de Vroomen

Oct 27, 2003, 12:31:54 PM10/27/03
> What gives? Does Saddam Hussein have an extraordinarily long Christmas
> shopping list?

I have NEVER EVER seen SUCH a GENERALISATION in my entire life (which is 36
years).

You must be a total paranoid shit-for-brains to assume that 4.000 units
directly went to Saddam Hussein. Iraq has a population of 22 million people
for God's sake! I am SURPRISED that only 4.000 people in 22 million bought a
PS2! That's 1 in 5.500 people!

> "Most Americans don't realize that each PlayStation unit contains a CPU
> -- every bit as powerful as the processor found in most desktop and
> laptop computers," said one military intelligence officer who declined to
> be identified.

WHAT!!?!?!!? IT CONTAINS A CPU!?!!?!?!!!?!

Anyway, anyone who declines to be identified is a stupid paranoid fsck
himself.

> "Beyond that, the graphics capabilities of a PlayStation
> are staggering -- five times more powerful than that of a typical
> graphics workstation, and roughly 15 times more powerful than the
> graphics cards found in most PCs."

Ahahahahaha!

> "When I first saw this report, I was highly skeptical," said an
> intelligence source. "So, I did some checking with computer experts I
> know within the Department of Defense. From what they tell me, bundling
> these video game units is very feasible."

Yep, they could even be used to kill a US person by THROWING it at his or
her head!

> Joseph Farah is editor and chief executive officer of WorldNetDaily.com.

Joseph Farah should pick up drinking, that way he can explain his delirious
writings.

I have never read this report. But it proves that paranoia was even higher
than I thought. What's with you Americans? Not only the fattest people in
the world, but also the most paranoid. Do I detect a link here?

PeterV

Peter de Vroomen

Oct 27, 2003, 12:42:39 PM10/27/03
I should actually not answer to these kinds of posts, I get overheated by
such articles.

I can't find any humor in such news articles, not even 3 years after.

I simply can't understand why people are SO stupid to believe what gets
written. How many brainless people ARE there in this world?

PeterV

Mojo JoJo

Oct 27, 2003, 2:42:29 PM10/27/03
Yeah, it's also ignorant to make blatant generalizations of the American
people. Not all of us are ignorant, nor all of us fat ;-) It just makes me
wonder about the Gamecube or X-Box. The idiotic writings of some of these
so-called journalists is just mind-boggling. :-p

Mojo

"Peter de Vroomen" <pet...@ditweghaluh.jaytown.com> wrote in message

B. Ranshaw

Oct 27, 2003, 4:50:24 PM10/27/03
Unfortunately most US readers probably believe this shit!

'Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and
to its government when it deserves it'
- Mark Twain

Andy Arnott

Oct 27, 2003, 5:02:48 PM10/27/03
Im from England, and I remember this story, it was billed as "Saddams trying
to build a Super Computer" or something similar, unfortunatley Americans are
a victim of their own press, capatilism rules, but only if you can afford to
tell it what to say. Like democracy, oops, wrong group :) My point is that
these stories do not materialise from thin air, whilst 10% of people will
take the time to find the truth, 90% are willing to be told the truth. It is
easier for someone to tell you want to think than for you to make up your
own mind. There is no such thing as an unbiased story, only your own opinion
on any given situation, and given the corruption that capatilism has spawned
within America, few can be suprised at the resultant outcome. If yours is
the land of the free, instead of protesting outside your Govenor, or outside
the White House, try it at ABC news, or any business you feel is pro-state,
and anti truth or is skewing the facts, im sure you will very quickly feel
the value of your civil liberties. Finally, from the British point of view,
if we were treated by our government that the Americans are, we would riot,
I kid you not (for we are good at this),(Werent amer ican presidents once
called a President Elect, i.e a president elected by the people). Im very
sorry to bring this up but when people say "Not all americans are fat" etc,
I very rarely see these people taking a pro-active stance in these
situations. Lets all hope that Saddam doesnt nuke is in 15 minutes :)

Andy

"Mojo JoJo" <jf2273...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Mojo JoJo

Oct 28, 2003, 5:13:17 PM10/28/03
For some reason, when you mentioned the press, it reminded me of something.
The Spanish American War, how did that quote go, "you provide the story,
I'll provide the war." I hope my Playstation 2 isn't up to anything evil!.
BTW, the Brits will riot for just about anything ;-) Look at any football
game :-p (Just some good tongue in cheek humor). :-) Anyways, it's an
interesting subject matter, I think some of these stories are more
propaganda than anything. I blame this all on Ralph Nader! :-p

Mojo

"Andy Arnott" <andy....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Viper

Nov 6, 2003, 6:52:39 PM11/6/03
>How many brainless people ARE there in this world?

So many it's scary

--------------------------
Movies, Music, Video Games, Comics, and more:

www.funkdiggityfresh.com

Earthling

Nov 6, 2003, 7:47:56 PM11/6/03
They even organized themself like bees, ants, etc.

Peter de Vroomen

Nov 7, 2003, 9:59:47 AM11/7/03
> They even organized themself like bees, ants, etc.

http://www.antcolony.org/news/supercolonysoutherneurope.htm

Or more scientific:

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/092694199v1.pdf

It at least proves that ants can't cooperate with other ants who smell bad
(to them). Could that be the problem with people too...?

:+)

PeterV