Sega CD Games

LANE STEVEN LOREN

Feb 9, 1993, 11:22:18 AM2/9/93
So, has anyone heard any news of a new SEGA CD game coming out some time
within the next week or so?
It's been a VERY long time since any new games have been released for this
system, and I am starting to get frustrated.
I heard a rumor that Dungeon Master was supposed to be out yesterday.
Well, Is anyone else as frustrated as I am about the lack of support for
the sega cd?
SSSSSee YYYYYa,
STeve Lane

Bobby Martin

Feb 10, 1993, 7:44:11 PM2/10/93
In <kowalski.729380984@clouso> kowa...@crim.ca (Allan Kowalski) writes:

>isn't there supposed to be a j. montanta III CD version ???

>I heard some talk that it was out alreadt ?????

Joe Montana Football is indeed being developed for the Sega CD. It is
due out this month according to Software ETC. (it's on their bulletin board of
games for Feb.). From the pictures I have seen, this game looks like no other
football game I have ever seen. Since the CD's capacity is so large, I heard
that all the teams and the real stadiums are included.
--
Bobby Martin ---> Coming at you from GA Tech...

And as the famous saying goes, "It's all just poop..."

Nick Poulos

Feb 10, 1993, 11:36:30 PM2/10/93

i heard that road avenger was supposed to be out feb 8, but i have not
seen it yet
--
************************** SIG- Op Video Game SIG ***************************
SEGA GENESIS GAME GEAR LYNX NINTENDO NES GAMEBOY SNES

Allan Kowalski

Feb 10, 1993, 4:49:44 PM2/10/93
isn't there supposed to be a j. montanta III CD version ???

I heard some talk that it was out alreadt ?????

agk

Alex Di Ricco

Feb 11, 1993, 9:17:54 PM2/11/93

Yes, there is a Montana CD game being made, it looks pretty good.
I think the release date is sometime in march, but you know how
that goes...

--
Alex Di Ricco
c60b...@WEB.berkeley.edu

David Wagner,,,

Feb 12, 1993, 4:05:43 PM2/12/93

I just bought it 2 days ago. It's not bad, but I practically beat
it the first night, and I think I'm going to return it today. There's
not enough control. You just press a button when it tells you to (left,
right, brake, or turbo boost) - that's all there is to it. If you don't
react in time, you crash (after a 1-2 second access time). This is a
digitized full-motion animation game that's fun to watch. But if you're
playing, you can't really watch what's going on because you have to watch
the signals to press a button and react FAST (the manual even tells you
not to pay attention to the scenery).

Teh Kao Yang

Feb 12, 1993, 8:54:37 PM2/12/93
In article <1993Feb12.2...@oracle.us.oracle.com> drwa...@pinkfloyd.oracle.com writes:
(stuff about Road Avenger on Sega CD)

>I just bought it 2 days ago. It's not bad, but I practically beat
>it the first night, and I think I'm going to return it today. There's
>not enough control. You just press a button when it tells you to (left,
>right, brake, or turbo boost) - that's all there is to it. If you don't
>react in time, you crash (after a 1-2 second access time). This is a
>digitized full-motion animation game that's fun to watch. But if you're
>playing, you can't really watch what's going on because you have to watch
>the signals to press a button and react FAST (the manual even tells you
>not to pay attention to the scenery).

Yes when you play it the first few times everything just happens to fast and
it seems like all you're doing is reacting to the arrows and brake, turbo
signals. But I've after I've played through it a few times and memorized some
of the patterns, it becomes easier to just watch and appreciate the graphics
and not worry about dying so much. In fact I think it is even possible to play
the game without the signals assisting you. Sure you can memorize them but a
lot of the moves you have to make can be sort of intuitive by watching what's
happening: for example you almost always have to swerve left after you swerved
right. But I agree that the game is just not that "playable"...but that's to
be expected from all these laserdisc-type games. They're more for show than for
gaming.

-Teh Kao