TF III is out (finally!)

Sir Han J. Lee

Nov 7, 1990, 2:32:28 PM11/7/90
** FYEGI, Thunder Force III (for SEGA Genesis) is out!

-hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU

Personally I'd prefer Truxton over Phelios...
maybe it's just me, but the graphics in Phelios looked like that of
Nintendo games. And the bosses, especially, were poorly implemented, IMHO.
Oh, one more thing on Phelios... did they change the last boss which fires some stream of electricity from his
"private part" of body? (I've played the MD version, btw) -- I'm not kidding!
What about the intermissions? The Japanese-speaking girl who gets stripped
one more layer of her clothes as the levels progress?

Kwai Hong Woo

Nov 8, 1990, 1:50:27 PM11/8/90
In article <86...@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Sir Han J. Lee) writes:
>** FYEGI, Thunder Force III (for SEGA Genesis) is out!

YES!!!!! (I should have bought it over the summer when I see it in Thailand.
MD version. However, at that time I didn't know MD and Genesis systems are
different. I was hoping my nephew-to-be would get it. He got Batman instead.)

>Personally I'd prefer Truxton over Phelios...

I prefer Phelios over Truxton. Truxton was too easy . . .(for me 8-) )

>Oh, one more thing on Phelios... did they change the last boss which fires some stream of electricity from his
>"private part" of body? (I've played the MD version, btw) -- I'm not kidding!

Not there yet. I'm still stuck in level 6 where all those guys keep throwing
rocks at me. It's especially nasty when they occupy all four corners of the
screen and the center too. I'll try something this weekend and hopefully meet
Typhon (the last BOSS ). Private part ehh ?!!! I can't wait to see that 8-)

>What about the intermissions? The Japanese-speaking girl who gets stripped
>one more layer of her clothes as the levels progress?

She's speaking English now. So far, (till the intermission btw 5 & 6), she was
stripped down to her bra ?? . The lower part of the body was covered by the
wall. Or was it btw 4 & 5 ???? Come to think of it, I think in the
intermission between 5 & 6 the whole screen shoke and she was making some sound
but the wall did not come down like the previous intermission ( btw 4 & 5). Is
that suggestive of her being stripped total ??? Or Typhon was doing something
else ???? 8-)

Later,

FF

Six o'clock News

Nov 8, 1990, 7:44:34 PM11/8/90
From: hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Sir Han J. Lee)

>>Personally I'd prefer Truxton over Phelios...
>
>I prefer Phelios over Truxton. Truxton was too easy . . .(for me 8-) )

I thought Phelios was easier... but that's not the reason I didn't
like the game though... I thought, IMHO, the grahics were lame, perhaps
the worst I've seen in any Genesis games. The only thing that kept
me playing was to see the intermission scenes and to see what'll
happen at the end. BTW, the graphics of intermission scenes WERE
great.

>Typhon (the last BOSS ). Private part ehh ?!!! I can't wait to see that 8-)

Yeah, I freaked out when I saw this.

>She's speaking English now. So far, (till the intermission btw 5 & 6), she was
>stripped down to her bra ?? . The lower part of the body was covered by the
>wall. Or was it btw 4 & 5 ???? Come to think of it, I think in the
>intermission between 5 & 6 the whole screen shoke and she was making some sound
>but the wall did not come down like the previous intermission ( btw 4 & 5). Is
>that suggestive of her being stripped total ??? Or Typhon was doing something
>else ???? 8-)

There was a message which said "Typhon is terrible!" -- I wonder
what she meant by this... does Genesis version have this also?
Oh, if you finish the "advanced mode," you get to see an ending, but
that's not it! -- you have to now challenge the "EXPERT MODE."
I haven't played the expert mode, but, who knows? it may have a
different ending... :-) 8-) 8-)> (btw, did you know that Truxton
has different endings when you finish once and twice and thrice and so on)
Another thing, how's her voice? and what does she say in English?

Man~~~ all this semi-pornographic stuff is so typical of Namco...
they do it with so many of their games. (Rolling Thunder, Burning
Force, Mega Panel, and bunch of other Namco titles)
They even published Namco pin-up gals collection calendar.

Han. ___
hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU / |/ || |>-|