New Genesis Games!!

Wade Williams

Sep 14, 1992, 3:26:17 PM9/14/92
Howdy all you Sega Genesis gamers.

I used to rely on this group to find out about the new stuff when it
hits the street. That way I could avoid the shopping mall until I *knew*
the game was out.

Anyway, either everyone has given up on Genesis or they are out of $$$,
but I saw the following in Babbages and Software Etc. this weekend:

Smash TV
Lemmings
Sonic 2

There were others, but these are what I have been looking for release dates
on. I also heard Rampart would be out on the 20th... that's a Sunday so
I doubt it is correct, but maybe soon???

Keep posting up about the new releases, and review the stuff please! That's
what makes this group valuable IMHO.

I bought Lemmings.. damn addictive. I never played the computer version
so I can't compare. Mechanics are good, 180 levels with short passwords,
cursor moves real fast, but the lemmings are *damn* small. Overall
pretty good. I only played a short while, but it sure is addictive.

Later,
Wade

Filaman

Sep 15, 1992, 8:41:51 AM9/15/92
In article <1992Sep14....@dvorak.amd.com> wwil...@dvorak.amd.com (Wade Williams) writes:
>Anyway, either everyone has given up on Genesis or they are out of $$$,
>but I saw the following in Babbages and Software Etc. this weekend:
>
>Smash TV
>Lemmings
>Sonic 2
~~~~~~~~

Sorry, Sonic 2 is not out yet! Babbages has empty Sonic 2 boxes on the
shelves and a sign underneath saying they're pre-selling the game for $49.99.
The box was enough to get me into the store. By the way, Toys R Us is
pre-selling the game for $54.99 and Electronic Boutique is for $49.99.
--
_____ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ Palmer Chappelle
| ____) | | | | / \ | \/ | / \ | \ | | VMark Software, Inc.
| __) | | | |__ | || | | |\/| | | || | | |\\| | uvmark%pal...@merk.com
|_| |_| |____) |_||_| |_| |_| |_||_| |_| \ _| USRSA Certified Stringer

Stupendous Man

Sep 15, 1992, 3:25:44 PM9/15/92
In article <1992Sep14....@dvorak.amd.com>, wwil...@dvorak.amd.com (Wade Williams) writes:
> Howdy all you Sega Genesis gamers.
>
> I used to rely on this group to find out about the new stuff when it
> hits the street. That way I could avoid the shopping mall until I *knew*
> the game was out.
>
> Anyway, either everyone has given up on Genesis or they are out of $$$,
> but I saw the following in Babbages and Software Etc. this weekend:
>
> Smash TV
> Lemmings
> Sonic 2

Don't know about Smash or Lemmings, but Sonic 2 is *preorder only*. It
will be out in November. The carts you saw were boxes only.

> I bought Lemmings.. damn addictive. I never played the computer version
> so I can't compare. Mechanics are good, 180 levels with short passwords,
> cursor moves real fast, but the lemmings are *damn* small. Overall
> pretty good. I only played a short while, but it sure is addictive.

Glad to hear this is out. What about the sounds? Are the "oh no!",
"let's go" and other sounds distinct?

Brett
Proconsul Computer Consulting CHA-CHING!
Better, Cheaper, Faster (Pick any two :)
Disclaimer: NOT!

Nathan W Stehle

Sep 17, 1992, 7:43:11 PM9/17/92
In article <1992Sep14....@dvorak.amd.com> wwil...@dvorak.amd.com (Wade Williams) writes:
>Howdy all you Sega Genesis gamers.
>
>I used to rely on this group to find out about the new stuff when it
>hits the street. That way I could avoid the shopping mall until I *knew*
>the game was out.
>
>Anyway, either everyone has given up on Genesis or they are out of $$$,
>but I saw the following in Babbages and Software Etc. this weekend:
>
>Smash TV
>Lemmings
>Sonic 2

How can Sonic 2 be out yet? It isn't even done (or all the mags lie like
rugs!)! Or is it????

Gary Snow

Sep 18, 1992, 12:26:10 PM9/18/92
In article <1992Sep17....@news.stolaf.edu> nst...@lars.acc-admin.stolaf.edu (Nathan W Stehle) writes:

>>Smash TV
>>Lemmings
>>Sonic 2
>
>How can Sonic 2 be out yet? It isn't even done (or all the mags lie like
>rugs!)! Or is it????

It must be realy close, Toys-R-Us has been taking advanced orders for the
last month or so.

Gary

--
-----
Gary Snow

Wade Williams

Sep 18, 1992, 2:56:45 PM9/18/92

I screwed up. They have blank boxes on the shelf to encourage advanced
orders of Sonic 2.

In the "also out" is a Off Road game by ballistic. Nice disclaimer saying
they are not liscensed by Sega and to ignore the logo which appears when
you first turn on the machine. Alien 3 is also out. More but I didn't
write them all down. Some surfer game...etc.

Later,
Wade

Filaman

Sep 18, 1992, 6:59:19 PM9/18/92
In article <1992Sep18.1...@clark.edu> gs...@clark.edu (Gary Snow) writes:
>In article <1992Sep17....@news.stolaf.edu> nst...@lars.acc-admin.stolaf.edu (Nathan W Stehle) writes:
>>>
>>>Smash TV
>>>Lemmings
>>>Sonic 2
>>
>>How can Sonic 2 be out yet? It isn't even done (or all the mags lie like
>>rugs!)! Or is it????
>
>It must be realy close, Toys-R-Us has been taking advanced orders for the
>last month or so.

It's not as close as you think. Many places are taking advance orders, but
the release date is November 24th, more than 2 months away!

el...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

Sep 19, 1992, 6:01:35 PM9/19/92
In article <1992Sep18.1...@dvorak.amd.com>,

You mean Super OffRoad? the coin-op translation? I think that's been out
for a while...

Dave Han

Larry J Brackney

Sep 19, 1992, 7:20:21 PM9/19/92
In article <1992Sep18.1...@dvorak.amd.com> wwil...@dvorak.amd.com (Wade Williams) writes:
>In the "also out" is a Off Road game by ballistic. Nice disclaimer saying
>they are not liscensed by Sega and to ignore the logo which appears when
>you first turn on the machine. Alien 3 is also out. More but I didn't
>write them all down. Some surfer game...etc.

Super Off Road by Ballistic has been out for a while.

The surfing game is Greendog, also out for a few weeks now.

One new release that I'm aware of - Predator. Buy at your own risk,
as I thought it was a dog at the CES.

- larry

--
/ Larry J. Brackney | E-Mail: brac...@mn.ecn.purdue.edu \