More Genesis Stuff

Bryan M. Newell

Aug 8, 1991, 2:38:04 AM8/8/91
Just some stuff I got from the Sega store here, and the current issue
of Mega Play.

First, new releases:

Spider-Man, 688 Attack Sub, and Super Volleyball are all newly released
here at the Sega store.

Next, soon-to-arrive releases:

Decappitak (sp), Donald Duck, Final Fight, Pit Fighter, Rampart(!!!!!),
Double Dragon II, and (for the Game Gear) Frogger.

I asked the dude at Sega if SFII was gonna be released for the Genesis,
and he said "not that I've heard of". Streets of Rage is Sega's big
"fight" game.

The Mega Play issue has pictures/descrip's of 4 CD-ROM games for the
MegaCD. It also says almost all of the Genesis Software companies have
at least one CD-ROM game in development.

Also, the Sega store is now selling the "comes with Sonic" version of
the Genesis System. (ie, you don't have to mail in a coupon to get Sonic,
it's in the box! :)

Also, I saw some screen shots for MERCS. Looks pretty good. Also some
stuff for ToeJam & Earl. Looks weird :).

I stayed in the Sega store long enuf to watch some kid messin' w/ SpiderMan,
looks *really* cool. Spiderman has tons of "positions" to stand in, or
jump in, or ...

That's all for now.

bryan newell (v...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu)