Prince of Persia

LANE STEVEN LOREN

Nov 30, 1992, 10:12:22 AM11/30/92
Well, I really enjoy prince of persia. I haven't seen the macintosh version,
but this game is very challenging and enjoyable. For only $50 bucks, it's
a fun game that will keep me playing for a long time.
The nice thing about the game is that you can save it after each level. You
wouldn't be able to do that on the cartridge version for the same cheap price.
The music is great.
The voices aren't synched up very well in the beginning, however, the game is really enjoyable.
The hard part is getting used to the controls. The seem unresponsive at first, but after a while, you'll get the hang of it.
It would get a 7 on a scale of 1-10.
The challenge is what keeps me coming back for more.
Steve

Daniel Carleton

Nov 30, 1992, 3:00:56 PM11/30/92

Err. what system are you talking about? Sega CD? Can anyone tell me how
the Sega and SNES versions compare? Hmm. I could always get it for
Gameboy!

Eric J. Olson

Nov 30, 1992, 2:40:26 PM11/30/92
In article <1992Nov30.1...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU> la...@spot.Colorado.EDU (LANE STEVEN LOREN) writes:

>The hard part is getting used to the controls. The seem unresponsive at first, but after a while, you'll get the hang of it.

I found them so completely unresponsive that I gave up in disgust.
There seems to be no definite relation between when I tell it to jump
and when it jumps, if it does at all.

(Of course, I was playing on a Mac IIsi, not an IBM.)

Eric Olson <e...@kaja.gi.alaska.edu>

Jarno Kokko

Dec 1, 1992, 1:53:21 AM12/1/92
In article <1992Nov30.1...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU> la...@spot.Colorado.EDU (LANE STEVEN LOREN) writes:
>Well, I really enjoy prince of persia. I haven't seen the macintosh version,
>but this game is very challenging and enjoyable. For only $50 bucks, it's
>a fun game that will keep me playing for a long time.
>The nice thing about the game is that you can save it after each level. You
>wouldn't be able to do that on the cartridge version for the same cheap price.

What are you talking about? SNES version has a passcode feature, you can
write down a code after every level, and continue from there at a later time.

>The music is great.
>The voices aren't synched up very well in the beginning, however, the game is really enjoyable.
>The hard part is getting used to the controls. The seem unresponsive at first, but after a while, you'll get the hang of it.
>It would get a 7 on a scale of 1-10.
>The challenge is what keeps me coming back for more.
>Steve

Yep. SNES Prince Of Persia is also Very Good Game.

E. Kontei

Dec 1, 1992, 11:30:52 AM12/1/92

It's the same on the IBM.

It's just that it's not instantaneous like in your typical
platform game. See, one of the things that Jordan Mechner (the game
designer) wanted to model is that real people don't immediately jump
and change direction like videogame characters do. If you start running
from a standstill, you have to pick up speed. if you jump, you'll jump
farther from a running jump than from a standstill. If you jump down
a floor, you have to recover before continuing. And so on and so forth.

The puzzle (and it IS a puzzle game) is to take those factos into account
while navigating the palace.

--
E n r i q u e C o n t y
The Incredible Man-with-no-Life

LANE STEVEN LOREN

Dec 1, 1992, 11:49:09 AM12/1/92
I am speaking in reference to the sega CD version!
Thanks,
Steve.

LANE STEVEN LOREN

Dec 1, 1992, 11:52:00 AM12/1/92

Stephen Jonke

Dec 1, 1992, 5:31:28 PM12/1/92
In article <1992Dec1.1...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU> LANE STEVEN LOREN,

la...@spot.Colorado.EDU writes:
>>Err. what system are you talking about? Sega CD? Can anyone tell me how
>>the Sega and SNES versions compare? Hmm. I could always get it for
>>Gameboy!
>

>I am speaking in reference to the sega CD version!
>Thanks,
>Steve.

There is also a version just released on SuperCD for the Turbo Duo.

Steve
jo...@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov

Adam Lawrence Salter

Dec 2, 1992, 7:26:38 PM12/2/92
In article <1992Nov30.1...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU>,

la...@spot.Colorado.EDU (LANE STEVEN LOREN) writes:

You have the PC version? You CAN save after every level on the SNES version.

adam

P.S. The SNES version is great!