new genesis game.

Six o'clock News

Oct 18, 1990, 11:55:49 PM10/18/90

>> I have seen Whip Rush at Toy R Us , the price is 54.99
>> Anybody have a review on this game?
>>
>> Tan
>Whip Rush is out???!!! What else did you see??? Was ThunderForce3, HellFire,
>Phelios, or E-Swat there too???
>Hey Han are you gonna get Whip Rush?? Or you probably got it already or played
>it before? Can you give us a review??

No, I haven't played it. But I won't get it if it's $54. I'd consider if it's
From: hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Sir Han J. Lee)

less than that.
However, I pretty much know what it's about. It's an original shooting game
by SEGA. You get three to four different weapons (I think) with some power
ups for each and then there are claws that you can rotate around your ship
or extend them or bring them close to your ship and stuff. This feature
makes the game interesting... reminds me of a great shooting game I played
in an arcade in Korea which its name I forgot.
The cross review in the Beep! Mega Drive wasn't that good, though. I think
they gave 7s. From the readers' popularity poll it scored 20.741, Thunder
Force III got 26.024. (btw, out of maximum 30 points) Any thing above
23 is considered the top 10, so Whip Rush isn't one of them.

BTW, there's a sequel to Whip Rush coming this month for the Mega Drive and
it's called Aro-flash, which features line-scrolling (so far only TF III had
this) and bunch of other neat stuff... looks like a great game.

Oh, what's going to be Techno Soft's next game? Thunder Force IV ?
No, but a "fantasy-action shooting" game Elemental Master... this one
looks cool, too.

Several other new third party companies joined the Mega Drive project in
Japan; these include Game Arts, A-one, Human, Tengen and Nihon Telenet...
that makes 25 third party companies already... for Mega Drive :)

Han. ___
hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU / |/ || |>-|

Teh Kao Yang

Oct 19, 1990, 4:07:22 PM10/19/90
By the way has anyone seen Insector-X for sale yet??

Let's see there's around 12 days left in October... so if SEGA sticks to it
release dates for October then there should be around 5-7 games that will
be released in the next 12 days.

Wow. I'm so excited. :)