How are Rastan Saga II and Space Invaders '91 ?

Han J. Lee

May 5, 1991, 10:18:57 PM5/5/91
I went to Electronics Boutique the other day and saw these two games.
(It's nice to see that Taito's now bringing their MD titles themselves.)
Has anybody played either of them? From the screenshots, they can't be
too bad, contrary to what most publications have spoken so far. For example,
the Rastan Saga II looks *identical* to the arcade version of Rastan II.

Also, their box art works are the best I've seen so far on the Genesis games.
(especially the Space Invaders '91) I'm so glad that at least Taito is not
redoing the box art work. :-)
___
___--- --_ Han J. Lee
|\__-- /\ _- hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Internet)
|/ __ \ - ___
//\ / | /___ /| /|| |/\
| 0|| 0|__ --_ / |/ || |>-|
\\____/ __ \ ___- /_____||_|_/
(@@ __/ /__--
-_____---

Shihta Peng

May 6, 1991, 5:23:08 PM5/6/91
hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Han J. Lee) writes:

>Has anybody played either of them? From the screenshots, they can't be
>too bad, contrary to what most publications have spoken so far. For example,
>the Rastan Saga II looks *identical* to the arcade version of Rastan II.

Supposedly Rastan Saga II is too easy and the movement is very choppy
as if the whole game was played in slow motion or in some thick
liquid. Space Invader '91 is suppose to be O.K. but just a tired out
old theme that many players would probably find hard to get excited
about.

S. Peng

Six o'clock News

May 6, 1991, 6:17:52 PM5/6/91

From: hl...@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Han J. Lee)

Hmm... that's why. It's the movement that isn't too good, huh?
It's a shame that you can never tell from the static screenshots.

> Space Invader '91 is suppose to be O.K. but just a tired out
>old theme that many players would probably find hard to get excited
>about.
>

>S. Peng

Well, it brings back a good old memory from the early days.

___

John Gordon

May 7, 1991, 5:18:38 PM5/7/91

Just a note: around here, "Rastan Saga II" is called "Nastar Warrior".
I never made the connection until I saw the screen shot for the Sega version.

John