Sega CD: Prince of Persia

Alex Di Ricco

Dec 2, 1992, 8:48:43 PM12/2/92

Whoever reprogrammed this game (the distributors are Sony/Imagesoft)
for the Sega CD did a hack job. The intermissions sequences are lame
(bad graphics and _terrible_ voice acting), the game graphics aren't
that good, and it only has 2 main songs during the game (it's on a
freaking CD! there is plenty of space). Still, the game is fun.
Frustrating as hell (I almost put my fist through the TV screen a
couple of times), but fun. For anyone who hasn't played it before,
I think it's worth a rental, maybe even worth buying used.

--
Alex Di Ricco
c60b...@WEB.berkeley.edu

Brian Hostetler

Dec 3, 1992, 10:59:41 AM12/3/92
In article <1fjp1r...@agate.berkeley.edu> c60b...@e260-4c.berkeley.edu (Alex Di Ricco) writes:
>Whoever reprogrammed this game (the distributors are Sony/Imagesoft)
>for the Sega CD did a hack job. The intermissions sequences are lame
>(bad graphics and _terrible_ voice acting), the game graphics aren't
>that good, and it only has 2 main songs during the game (it's on a
>freaking CD! there is plenty of space). Still, the game is fun.
>Frustrating as hell (I almost put my fist through the TV screen a
>couple of times), but fun. For anyone who hasn't played it before,
>I think it's worth a rental, maybe even worth buying used.

Seriously, this is the best review of a game I have ever read
on the net, much less anywhere else. I just can't figure out why, but
it is. god knows I've almost put my fist through a tv before as well.
Broke 2 controllers on Alex Kidd (of all games!). I scared my
girlfriend to death, but it was the only game I've ever finished...
--
-brian
*bhos...@ucs.indiana.edu | "Stop and breathe, close my eyes

Bryan Woodworth

Dec 5, 1992, 11:28:27 PM12/5/92

> Seriously, this is the best review of a game I have ever read
>on the net, much less anywhere else. I just can't figure out why, but
>it is. god knows I've almost put my fist through a tv before as well.
>Broke 2 controllers on Alex Kidd (of all games!). I scared my
>girlfriend to death, but it was the only game I've ever finished...

The best review, because it is the most honest of many.
--
Bryan Woodworth <bry...@rahul.net>