Sonic The Hedgehog

Lee Thompson

Jun 13, 1991, 9:28:19 PM6/13/91
SONIC has arrived in Seattle WA today. Got mine. I've made it to Marble Zone ACT 2 already. Anyone have any little cheats for this one yet? (Selects, Sound tests, etc?) BTW the "Sega" digitized intro is from the company's JAPANESE televison ads.

Bill Simon

Jun 14, 1991, 3:39:39 PM6/14/91
I bought mine yesterday at Electronic Boutique for about $54.00. The reason
I ran out and got this game was from reading the reaction from others on
this group. I never even heard about this game until I saw the posting.

Thank you guys. I agree this is a very good game. Graphics are great and
entertainment value is very high. I have not been able to get past the
boss on the first level yet, but because of the many avenues of exploration
available, there is no rush to accomplish this, (an added plus!!).

Go out and buy this game!!
--
* William A. Simon "Surfing is the only life, *
* Citicorp/TTI the only way for me..." *

Lee Thompson

Jun 21, 1991, 1:55:12 AM6/21/91
To the person who asked "What's so great about SONIC?":

At this time there are MORE THAN ENOUGH shooters for the Genesis (and I'm
a shooter fan...). Then comes Sonic -- this game is great and here's
WHY:

Great Sound
Great Graphics
and addicting (as or more addicting than Lemmings) game play. The game
is just FLAT OUT FUN. Don't look at it, PLAY IT. Not only that, but
the game gets more and more exciting as you go through it. Every level
is DIFFERENT from the preceeding level -- I give you examples:

Green Hill Zone: (Starting level) Nice and relaxed pace (most of the time)
pretty easy, nice animated background. Good time to get those Choas
Emeralds.
Marble Zone: This is tricky, unlike the previous one, running around a top
speed is NOT a good idea. This one takes skill, precision and brains.

Spring Yard Zone: This is basically like living in a pinball machine.
The game begins to show a DEVIOUS edge here. I mean DEVIOUS.

Labyrinth Zone: Here the SEGA once again shows off it's transparency
capibilities. Swimming underwater (with air bubbles to breathe and
nasty currents) causes some serious hand-sweating. The game gets
HARD here.

Starlight Zone: This level starts out like SPRING YARD (built for SPEED)
but quickly gets DEVIOUSLY NASTY (there's that word again), hope you
are good at reactional physics.

Scrap Brain Zone(or something like that): Fire pits, lighting pods,
sawblades. This is a DANGEROUS level, really gets the blood pumping
you'll be COVERED in sweat in a very short time. Kinda like being in
an Indiana Jones movie. This one is fast but really really dangerous.
(Lots of NEAR death and quick escapes.) Need good reflexes.

SECRET ROOM: These change each time and is definatelly a twist. You enter
through a giant ring (which only appears if you have >50 rings AT THE END
of an act 1 or act 2 [which is something in itself]. You NEED to get
the six chaos emeralds within and lotsa luck to ya.

FINAL ZONE: Not too nasty but pretty evil.

(No I haven't really finished it, I was missing 4 emeralds at the end)

So I have to say this as an owner of >50< Genesis cartridges. This game
is in my top >5< Genesis games. Probably #1...