NES: Mega Man 2 and SMB3

Peter Lee

Jun 1, 1989, 12:57:43 PM6/1/89

Has anybody played Mega Man 2 on the Japanese NES (Famicom)?
I've seen some screen shots of this game and it looks really amazing. I hear
this game is coming out in the coming month or two. For those who've played
it, is it as good (or better) than Mega Man? This is one game that looks
really amazing.

Another game that is really amazing (IMHO) is Super Mario Bros. 3, which
I've had the good fortune of playing on a friend's Famicom system. I am
really impressed with the originality of the game designers of this game.
Has anybody heard any rumored dates of USA release? I'm pretty sure they'll
make some huge announcement at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (in
Chicago???). IF anybody gets the chance to go, can you post a report on games
to come and approximate release dates? Thank

Forgot the 's' up there in the 'Thanks', sorry about that.

Kit Kimes

Jun 5, 1989, 1:47:44 PM6/5/89
From article <13...@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, by ppp...@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Peter Lee):

> Another game that is really amazing (IMHO) is Super Mario Bros. 3, which
> I've had the good fortune of playing on a friend's Famicom system. I am
> really impressed with the originality of the game designers of this game.
> Has anybody heard any rumored dates of USA release? I'm pretty sure they'll
> make some huge announcement at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (in
> Chicago???). IF anybody gets the chance to go, can you post a report on games
> to come and approximate release dates? Thank

Sorry to disappoint you, but I just came back from the CES (Saturday) and
did not see SMB3 or some of the ones I was looking for. I did get to see
and play several new games (too numerous to mention) as well as the new
GameBoy (gag, what a name) hand held portable. I was hoping to see 'Al Unser
Jr.s Racing Simulation' but it was not in evidence either.

PS. If anyone is interested in TETRIS, I had a chance to play both Nintendo's
version and Tengen's version. Tengen's version is MUCH better (IMHO).
Since Nintendo is going to heavily promote their version and is sueing
to try to stop Tengen from selling their version, I would buy it as
soon as I can. You may have to special order it or get your dealer
to order it for you. It is available now. I hear Nintendo has made
some overt threats to any one who carries Tengen's version, so I
don't think you will find it at Toy 'R Us, etc.

Kit Kimes
AT&T--Bell Laboratories
...att!ihlpe!kimes