Genesis: John Madden Championship Edition

Nick Poulos

Dec 20, 1992, 12:45:04 AM12/20/92

In a previous article, all...@ultb.isc.rit.edu (A.L. Lee) says:

>Did anyone seen this game lately? I looked on the back of the box cover
>and it was just the same as '93 except that it included more Super Bowl
>teams of the past and some of the losers i.e. Buffalo '90 and Cincinnati
>'88. This game was selling for around 90 bucks and I wonder if it was
>worth it? I haven't this game though at Software Etc. and Electronics
>Boutique so it might be a limited edition game. I saw this at a new
>game place in town called Gamemania.
>
>If anyone has this game, how does it compare to '93?
>The dealer told me the computer opponent is even tougher in this game
>than '93.
>
>Aaron

A friend of mine bought it for $100 from Diehard. He says it is the same
as the other except all the teams that are added, as you mentioned. I
looked at the box and right on the front it says FOR RENTAL OUTLETS.

--
************************** SIG- Op Video Game SIG ***************************
SEGA GENESIS GAME GEAR LYNX NINTENDO NES GAMEBOY SNES

Jerry Duffy

Dec 19, 1992, 11:22:18 PM12/19/92
all...@ultb.isc.rit.edu (A.L. Lee) writes:

>Did anyone seen this game lately? I looked on the back of the box cover
>and it was just the same as '93 except that it included more Super Bowl
>teams of the past and some of the losers i.e. Buffalo '90 and Cincinnati
>'88. This game was selling for around 90 bucks and I wonder if it was
>worth it? I haven't this game though at Software Etc. and Electronics
>Boutique so it might be a limited edition game. I saw this at a new

The guy who runs a video game rental store here said that is for rental
ONLY except for people who get special permission to sale the game. (90
bucks as you mentioned.) Not sure if this is true or not, but this guy
has been pretty reliable in the past.. :-)

He said is was basically the EXACT same game as Madden '93 except with
a whole slew of older teams. I personally dont think 90 or so dollars
is worth it, IMHO..

--

Jerry Duffy | "Quit talkin' and start chalkin'."
jdu...@s.ms.uky.edu |

A.L. Lee

Jon Waler

Dec 20, 1992, 10:59:35 PM12/20/92

A local video store has it, and as previously mentioned it
states for "video rental stores only" on the cover. It has
all the Championship teams from 1966-present, and some of
the losers as well.

The video store will only rent it to customers that have
at least 50 rentals.

Jw