SOA are incompetent idiots....:(

ben...@wtp1.eastman.freenet.mb.ca

Jun 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/23/97

Add me to the list of people fed up with SOA's incompetence in all areas.
The WD incident was the last straw.Althought I've only ever bought one WD
game in my life (dragon force) I realized how important they are to sega.
And then sega treats them like crap? Sega also doesnt care if they have
no 3rd party support.Why the hell wouldnt they? Also when Stolar says
"saturns not our future, or sonic's coming to our next system" There is
no better way to stop sales that are already are life support.Another
thing is thier marketing...in 97 they have shown only a couple
commercials (i've never seennn any yet in 97 and I watch a lot of tv) And
the add for Fighters MegaMix (mag) is pathetic.The drawings look like
crap and the pics are really small. Also Sega hasnt advertised on
canadian tv for a long time... not to mention Sega of canada was
disbanded.ALso I wouldnt mind if sega just brought over titles form
japan, but they dont bring over lots of the good games like that
wrestling game (btw wreslting games are popular here, the wcw game for
psx was best seller) and other games like dragon force and virus. I
bought my saturn last august expecting it would be around for at least 3
years. Now it looks like 1 and a half years.This is unacceptable, for me
and the other 1 million people who bought saturns in 96. I think I speak
for lots of us when I say "I refuse to buy the next sega system unless
all the execs at soa are fired and they get people who know thier ass
from a videogame" The saturn was my first sega system and now it looks
like it will be my last

Ralph Schwarten

Jun 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/24/97

ben...@wtp1.eastman.freenet.mb.ca wrote:
[snip]
> I bought my saturn last august expecting it would be around for at least 3
> years. Now it looks like 1 and a half years.This is unacceptable, for me
> and the other 1 million people who bought saturns in 96. I think I speak
> for lots of us when I say "I refuse to buy the next sega system unless
> all the execs at soa are fired and they get people who know thier ass
> from a videogame" The saturn was my first sega system and now it looks
> like it will be my last

Yeah, My machine is Just over a year old and the writing is on the wall
for it.
I owned a Playstation first, and incorrectly thought at this time that
the Saturn was crap (based on Daytona and VF). Then I played VF2, SR
and VC and was blown away, soon after I was the proud owner of a nice
shiny black Saturn.

Now the future is not so bright and I can't believe SEGA's handling of
this excellent machine. Their(SEGA's) track record is appaling now...
Mega CD, 32X and now the Saturn, what makes them think I want to take a
chance with their *next* system ?

Cheers,
Ralph

Juan Jimenez

Jun 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/24/97
to R.Sch...@eas.gu.edu.au
Hey come on people all the hardware compays will have a new system Sony
is supose to release a new system in 98 or 99 Nintendo will get its
Nintendo 64 upgrade with the Disk drive coming out in spring so stop
crying

Solomon

Jun 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/24/97

Ralph Schwarten wrote:

> ben...@wtp1.eastman.freenet.mb.ca wrote:
> [snip]
> > I bought my saturn last august expecting it would be around for at least 3
> > years. Now it looks like 1 and a half years.This is unacceptable, for me
> > and the other 1 million people who bought saturns in 96. I think I speak
> > for lots of us when I say "I refuse to buy the next sega system unless
> > all the execs at soa are fired and they get people who know thier ass
> > from a videogame" The saturn was my first sega system and now it looks
> > like it will be my last
>
> Yeah, My machine is Just over a year old and the writing is on the wall
> for it.
> I owned a Playstation first, and incorrectly thought at this time that
> the Saturn was crap (based on Daytona and VF). Then I played VF2, SR
> and VC and was blown away, soon after I was the proud owner of a nice
> shiny black Saturn.
>
> Now the future is not so bright and I can't believe SEGA's handling of
> this excellent machine. Their(SEGA's) track record is appaling now...
> Mega CD, 32X and now the Saturn, what makes them think I want to take a
> chance with their *next* system ?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph

What's the big deal? Everybody makes it out like a couple of hundred
$$ every few years for a new system is soooooooo much. Geez...

Thomas Volpe

Jun 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/24/97

Yes, well you see, many of us try to have outside lives from gaming, and
that usually costs money. I mean, you can't take a girl out and say,
"Wanna go play my sega?"

Ralph Schwarten

Jun 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/25/97

Juan Jimenez wrote:

> Hey come on people all the hardware compays will have a new system Sony
> is supose to release a new system in 98 or 99 Nintendo will get its
> Nintendo 64 upgrade with the Disk drive coming out in spring so stop
> crying

I think that I have every right to cry, My *new* machine is obselete as
far as SOA are concencerned, The playstation will not see a new platform
before 1999 meaning the current platform will continue to be supported
at least 'till then if not beyond. And as for the 64DD on N64, it is
hardly a completly new platform and I am sure that it's release will not
stop cart development for N64s without the DD.

Cheers,
Ralph

BELJAN E

Jun 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/25/97

In <33AFB6...@worldnet.att.net> Juan Jimenez

<Lin...@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> Their(SEGA's) track record is appaling now...
>> Mega CD, 32X and now the Saturn, what makes them think I want to
take a
>> chance with their *next* system ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralph
>Hey come on people all the hardware compays will have a new system
Sony
>is supose to release a new system in 98 or 99 Nintendo will get its
>Nintendo 64 upgrade with the Disk drive coming out in spring so stop
>crying
They can get a jump on the market for one thing. If Sega can put
together their 64 bit system before Sony, that would make Sony 3rd to
enter the market with a 64 bit system. Nintendo and Sega will have the
games, the user base, and the like, it will be harder for Sony's next
system to catch on. Why keep waiting when improved technology is there
already? Now assuming I had to wait until 1999 for a new 64 bit system,
and I see the N64 is out now, I would buy it because by then it will
have more games and I would have no need to wait for the others to
catch up. Sega hopes that they can establish a user base for their new
system, and like the Genesis make some success out of it. No harm done
in trying. Who knows what could happen!!! The M2 is supposedly out
there as well, who knows what we will see.

Ralph Schwarten

Jun 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/27/97

Solomon wrote:

> Ralph Schwarten wrote:
> >
> > ben...@wtp1.eastman.freenet.mb.ca wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I bought my saturn last august expecting it would be around for at least 3
> > > years. Now it looks like 1 and a half years.This is unacceptable, for me
> > > and the other 1 million people who bought saturns in 96. I think I speak
> > > for lots of us when I say "I refuse to buy the next sega system unless
> > > all the execs at soa are fired and they get people who know thier ass
> > > from a videogame" The saturn was my first sega system and now it looks
> > > like it will be my last
> >
> > Yeah, My machine is Just over a year old and the writing is on the wall
> > for it.
> > I owned a Playstation first, and incorrectly thought at this time that
> > the Saturn was crap (based on Daytona and VF). Then I played VF2, SR
> > and VC and was blown away, soon after I was the proud owner of a nice
> > shiny black Saturn.
> >
> > Now the future is not so bright and I can't believe SEGA's handling of
> > this excellent machine. Their(SEGA's) track record is appaling now...

> > Mega CD, 32X and now the Saturn, what makes them think I want to take a
> > chance with their *next* system ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ralph
>
> What's the big deal? Everybody makes it out like a couple of hundred
> $$ every few years for a new system is soooooooo much. Geez...

A couple of hundred !!! Try (AUS) $700 plus software which runs to at
least $1000 +. So this investment over 1 1/2 years is in no way value,
shit, even PCs don't become obselete so fast.

The sad thing is that the Saturn is in no way obselete (read incapable
of more killer titles), it's just that SOA have deemed it to be !

Cheers,
Ralph

Penntoolco

Jun 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/27/97

Get a job, or go play checkers its cheaper