silpheed and joe montana cd delayed...

Carl Mueller

Oct 15, 1993, 11:58:52 AM10/15/93

don't act so suprised! they are delayed until next tuesday... what would
really be suprising is if they actually came out next tuesday...

--
Carl Mueller
Wayne State University

Internal error 204 at 08E7:1D3F. Please report to Borland.

michael grisham

Oct 16, 1993, 1:34:06 PM10/16/93

Actually Joe Montana is now tenatively scheduled for the middle of
November. Silpheed is renamed Terraforming "something something" and is
due out the end of this month. Don't hold your breath though.

MG

--
The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information

John Stiles

Oct 16, 1993, 5:16:57 PM10/16/93
>don't act so suprised! they are delayed until next tuesday... what would
>really be suprising is if they actually came out next tuesday...

Well, wake up, man! :) They wouldn't delay a game TWO DAYS for
reprogramming. It's being shipped. And BTW, my local Software Etc. has Joe
Montana. Hallelujiah! :)

I have no idea about Terra Striker(Silpheed). What I want to know is,
did they redo the voices and take out all the 'vulgar' language? (Great Scott,
that big bastard's alive! Go get him, boys!)

*Stiles

>--
>Carl Mueller
>Wayne State University
>e-mail: ca...@busop.cit.wayne.edu
>
>Internal error 204 at 08E7:1D3F. Please report to Borland.

John Stiles <lta...@academic.csubak.edu>
"That was beyond the limits of good taste." -- Beavis

rsp...@mac.cc.macalstr.edu

Oct 17, 1993, 4:18:41 AM10/17/93
In article <carl....@busop.cit.wayne.edu>, ca...@busop.cit.wayne.edu (Carl Mueller) writes:

> don't act so suprised! they are delayed until next tuesday... what would
> really be suprising is if they actually came out next tuesday...

Actually I was in Software Etc.'s Game Stop Mall of America today and they had
a copy of Silpheed for Sega CD running on their unit. It looks great. One of
the nicest Sega CD games I've seen in a while. Some real smooth 3-D animation
in the intro. Dunno if it's spooled or real-time, but it's GREAT either way.
So I guess it's not delayed until tuesday...today is only Saturday October
16th.

John Stiles

Oct 17, 1993, 5:05:30 PM10/17/93
In article <29pbae$s...@samba.oit.unc.edu>, Michael...@launchpad.unc.edu (michael grisham) writes:
>In article <carl....@busop.cit.wayne.edu> ca...@busop.cit.wayne.edu (Carl Mueller) writes:
>>
>>don't act so suprised! they are delayed until next tuesday... what would
>>really be suprising is if they actually came out next tuesday...
>>

>>--
>>Carl Mueller
>>Wayne State University
>>e-mail: ca...@busop.cit.wayne.edu
>>
>>Internal error 204 at 08E7:1D3F. Please report to Borland.
>>

>Actually Joe Montana is now tenatively scheduled for the middle of
>November.

Tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday doesn't sound like the middle of November
to me.

> Silpheed is renamed Terraforming "something something" and is
>due out the end of this month. Don't hold your breath though.

It's called "Silpheed" in America; and it's been out since Friday. Good
timing on selling that Sega CD, MG. Didn't you read my earlier post?
*Stiles

>MG
>
>--
> The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
> North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information
> Technology, or the Experimental Bulletin Board Service.
> internet: laUNChpad.unc.edu or 152.2.22.80

michael grisham

Oct 18, 1993, 11:06:13 AM10/18/93

Yes, graphically Silpheed is amazing, but the gameplay is lacking. If you
want a good combination of both buy AH-3 Thunderstrike. I would still play
Starfox over Silpheed anyday.

michael grisham

Oct 18, 1993, 11:12:21 AM10/18/93

> It's called "Silpheed" in America; and it's been out since Friday. Good
>timing on selling that Sega CD, MG. Didn't you read my earlier post?
> *Stiles
>
> John Stiles <lta...@academic.csubak.edu>

I sold my Sega CD because I had bought both Silpheed and Sonic CD (jap
versions), and they both were sub-par. It takes more than pretty graphics
to make a good game. And BTW, I sold the CD to my neighbor, so I'll still
be playing all the games, except now I don't have that "screwed" feeling
anymore.

Enjoy Silpheed folks, and if you want to know how to get 10 extra lives
refer to the October issue of Die-Hard magazine.

Erik H. Kleinfelder

Oct 18, 1993, 11:25:36 AM10/18/93

>don't act so suprised! they are delayed until next tuesday... what would
>really be suprising is if they actually came out next tuesday...

Um, I bought Silpheed on Friday 10/15. And the store I went to had Montana
CD as well running in a window demo. I asked about it and they said they
haven't received their bulk shipment on it though. So I couldn't get it just
yet. I will keep calling though.

Erik

Robert Michael Trotter

Oct 18, 1993, 11:54:41 AM10/18/93
So when is it going to be released? I ahve seen people mention
it here, and I want it, I loved this game on my old NES, when
it is going to be available for Sega? Thanks.

Caeser
--
Minnesota Vikings 3-2 1992-93 NFC Central Champions