Panzer Saga and HOTD out in the US!!

Marty Chinn

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Got a call from my local EB telling me they had them in stock and were on
hold for me this morning. Panzer is $54.99 but I don't know how much HOTD
is. Probably the same price. No more waiting and wondering if they'll
come out but they're finally here. Heh I couldn't even wait for my own
shipment which will be here monday of next week =) Good luck trying to
find them though, it sounds like they only have enough for people on
their waiting list.
Marty Chinn ** E3 - May 28 - 30, 1998 **
Video Source PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Saturn, Imports
973 Foxglove Dr. M-F: 9:30-6:00, Sa: 10:00-3:00 PST, Sun: Closed
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 Ordering, and Preordering info at:
<408> 720-8575 Voice E-Mail: vids...@netcom.com
<408> 720-8576 FAX WWW : http://www.video-source.com

ManicButt

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Good luck trying to find them though, it sounds like they only have enough for
people on
their waiting list.
<<<

Yeah, baby, YEAH! I just called and asked them to put aside one of each for
me. Somehow, I think there will be enough for everyone who really wants one,
though not enough to collect dust on store shelves.

Ahhh, "shortages" ...

Jeff Potter

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

In article <199805061941...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
Hey,

Where ya'll live ? The EBs here in Columbia SC don't have it yet, and they say
it will be here at the end of the week.

If it indeed shipped at the beginning of this week shouldn't they have it by
now ?

I guess I have no patience. The EGM review gave it a bunce of 9.5s and a 10.
Some of them commented they liked it better than the almighty Final Fantasy
for Sony.

flo...@scsn.net

amu...@fleetcc.com

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

In article <6iqfbq$in5$1...@supernews.com>#1/1,

Ack! I missed out on Panzer..but I got HOTD..one thing though...whats with
the green blood?? anyway to get red?

-Alexis

Henry LaPierre

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

In <199805061941...@ladder01.news.aol.com> mani...@aol.com
(ManicButt) writes:

>Yeah, baby, YEAH! I just called and asked them to put aside one of
>each for me. Somehow, I think there will be enough for everyone who
>really wants one, though not enough to collect dust on store shelves.
>
>Ahhh, "shortages" ...

Out of the Massachusetts EBs, it seems only the ones that had high
Saturn sales received their allotment of Panzer, many got nothing even
though they had reserve lists.

Henry LaPierre
fre...@ix.netcom.com

John Vivian Matthews

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Thus Spake Jeff Potter (flo...@scsn.net):

>Where ya'll live ? The EBs here in Columbia SC don't have it yet, and they say
>it will be here at the end of the week.

Well, I'm in Raleigh, NC and here's what happened to me. I called today
after reading in rgv.sega that it had arrived in some EBs. The EB I
placed my order with said that they didn't have it. But when I got home
there was a message on my machine that said I had a copy ready and waiting
for me at EB. So I rushed out to EB and they said that it hadn't come out
yet and they didn't have any. I complained that *they* had called *me*
and told me I could come out and get my copy. They said that it couldn't
be that...they didn't have any. I complained some more and they looked
under the counter and there was *one* copy with my name on it. Apparently
only a few had come in and those that did come in were all reserved. (I
suspect that my copy was the *only* one to come in since it was the only
copy under the counter. Whoever else ordered one got could have picked it
up earlier than I had, but I suspect this didn't happen.) I was a little
bit pissed that they had given me the ``we don't have it'' song-and-dance
without checking to see if one had come in, but since I got my game I couldn't
really be upset.

The upshot is that if you preordered you probably got one, though this
may not be true everywhere. I don't know if they'll be getting in copies
to sell off the shelf or not.

How does it play? A little choppy in the animations sometimes but I agree
that it seems to be an ok conversion. I'll have more of an opinion after I've
played it more.

matt

||| John V. Matthews, III | PO Box 50355
||| NCSU Mathematics Graduate Student | Raleigh, NC 27650
/ | \ http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jvmatthe/ | (919) 515 7324

Thomas G O'Brien

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

In article <6ira58$8...@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>,
I happen to work at the EB in Boston and we got 12 Panzers, all 12 were fro people who pre-paid for a copy. We were the only EB in the state to get any copies of Panzer, the other stores won't be getting any at all. You better put money down on Shining Force3 and Burning Rangers if you hope to have any chance at getting them.

Peace
Tom O

Sean Howard

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Well, yesterday, I went to EB to check for Tactics Ogre (never found it).
On a whim, I thought I'd get put on the list for HotD and PDS, which I
thought were coming out on Thurs or Friday. Much to my surprise, he pulls
out a copy of both and lets me look at them (almost taunting me). But, he
says, "These two are on hold." He told me that they had 7 people on the
waiting list for both games, and only got 2 PDS and 5 HotD games. He also
said that There were only 10,000 copies made (I've heard anywhere between
3,000 and 50,000 on this number), and probably wouldn't get enough to
satisfy those 7 people, but I could be put on the list anyway.

I then rounded the corner to Babbages, who was in the process of just getting
their UPS shipment (no Tactics Ogre still). However, they had the same
shipment as EB (5 and 2), but one PDS was pre-bought. I did pick up the
remaining one, and my friend got HotD. It was even cheaper than EB too,
PDS was still 49.99, but HotD was only 39.99.

That was my luck for this year.Even if this supposed shortage is just a
ploy by Sega to sell all their copies, I still felt really good.

@@
Sean Howard
Freelance Evil Overlord - will work for venegence.

"Yah-hah, evil spider woman! I have captured you by the short rabbits
and can now deliver you violently to your gynecologist for a thorough
examination." - Actual subtitle in some unknown Hong Kong movie.

Fernando

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

>Ack! I missed out on Panzer..but I got HOTD..one thing though...whats with
>the green blood?? anyway to get red?
>
>-Alexis
>
>--

Sorry for the cheap plug, but hey, I have no shame...

www.seganet.com has the code, check under FAQs.

Fernando Mosquera
SegaNet at http://www.seganet.com
See you on IRC!

David Zehder

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Same here, we're suposedly one of the begger sega cities around(we still
have the sega channel even) but our ebs got ONE each and they're all gone.
Im hoping to god for some more to be shipped...

--
David Zehder
The Elliot Goldenthal Fanpage

Febry 9

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Software etc.at Mayfair Mall, Milwaukee just got PDS and Hotd for
$39.99 each and EB (Walden Soft) at Bayshore has them for $54.99 and
$44.99. I just picked up my preorder copies at EB this morning and they
honored soft. etc's prices. I know the price is not an issue here... :)
but thought you guys want to know......

Tony

David Zehder

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

I local independent game store around here just got FIFTEEN copies. NO pre
orders either.
oh well.
Im on my way!!
Dave

--

Thomas G O'Brien wrote in message <6irh70$n...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>...

>In article <6ira58$8...@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>,
> fre...@ix.netcom.com(Henry LaPierre) wrote:

>>In <199805061941...@ladder01.news.aol.com> mani...@aol.com
>>(ManicButt) writes:
>>
>>>Yeah, baby, YEAH! I just called and asked them to put aside one of
>>>each for me. Somehow, I think there will be enough for everyone who
>>>really wants one, though not enough to collect dust on store shelves.
>>>
>>>Ahhh, "shortages" ...
>>
>>Out of the Massachusetts EBs, it seems only the ones that had high
>>Saturn sales received their allotment of Panzer, many got nothing even
>>though they had reserve lists.
>>
>>Henry LaPierre
>>fre...@ix.netcom.com

Henry LaPierre

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

In <6irh70$n...@dfw-ixnews5.ix.netcom.com> Thomas G O'Brien

<mavr...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>In article <6ira58$8...@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>,
> fre...@ix.netcom.com(Henry LaPierre) wrote:

>>Out of the Massachusetts EBs, it seems only the ones that had high
>>Saturn sales received their allotment of Panzer, many got nothing
>>even though they had reserve lists.
>>
>>Henry LaPierre
>>fre...@ix.netcom.com
>>

>I happen to work at the EB in Boston and we got 12 Panzers, all 12
>were fro people who pre-paid for a copy. We were the only EB in the
>state to get any copies of Panzer, the other stores won't be getting
>any at all.

Actually Natick got 12 as well. Are you from Copley? They were the only
other store that seems to have gotten them that I could find.

>You better put money down on Shining Force3 and Burning Rangers if you
>hope to have any chance at getting them.

Very good advice.
And you may want to ask in advance if that store received any Panzers,
as it may happen the same way(high Saturn sales stores only) with these
remaining titles.

Henry LaPierre
fre...@ix.netcom.com

>Peace
> Tom O

Swedish Chef

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Software Etc at Lenox Sqr in Atlanta got lots of HotD's for 29.99$!
Panzer was sold out, though (EVERYWHERE).
--
Swedish Chef-"Jag lagar god mat!"
_____ ____

Doug Kern

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Wow I feel kinda bad after hearing about all these people who have
missed out on this great game. I just called my EB today, 5/7/98, and
asked if they had any copies in. They guy on the phone said they had one
in, so I reserved it and picked it up after work. The guy at the counter
said they have sold out of it four times already, and they have only had it
since yesterday! SO I suspect reguar shipments are coming in, just in
really small quantities.
Oh I picked it up in New York city at teh EB in the Manhatten Mall.

--
Doug Kern
AKA Monocle

fa...@fighter-edge.com

May 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/15/98
to amu...@fleetcc.com

> Ack! I missed out on Panzer..but I got HOTD..one thing though...whats with
> the green blood?? anyway to get red?

There sure is! Go to http://www.seganet.com/faqs/hotd.html for the HOTD dead
cheat codes! :)

Winners Throw......Losers Complain!!! - ^faLco^ - ICQ # 7535059

LEGAL NOTICE: Anyone sending unsolicited commercial email to this
address will be charged a $500 proofreading fee. This is an
official notification; failure to abide by this will result in
legal action, as per the following:
By U.S. Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.
By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited
advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section
is punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or
$500, whichever is greater, by each violation.