VAY Anime code FINALLY!

vicv...@delphi.com

May 26, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/26/95
Thanks to all who were patient in waiting for this to come. This code
allows you to view all the animations in the game, plus TWO animations that
were scrapped and never fully completed due to story changes (Mt. Bole &
The Sentinel Tree (at Treefall)).

You HAVE to have save DATA in backup RAM where the game is completed for
this to work. Start a new game, and enter the secret vault in Lorath
Castle (the one you can get to by pressing on the wall between the
two thrones, and then pressing the right wall in the hall that puts you in.

In the vault, there are three chests. Walk directly below the middle chest
so you are facing the bottom wall and can only see the tip of Sandor's
hair. Press START and it will put you in a special room with pedestals on
the right and left. Walk up to each one and SEARCH it to give you the option
to play the animation for that pedestal.

NOTE: The reason we are not releasing this code officially is that on the
two unfinished animations, there is no audio, only static, and if you have
your stereo/TV at high volumes and select one of these, you could damage your
equipment. Remember, TURN DOWN YOUR STEREO/TV BEFORE YOU ACCESS THE TWO
OUTTAKE ANIMATIONS! You have been warned...

Other than that, if you still have your VAY saves on a RAM cart or in your
SEGA, enjoy!

DBTH - Vic

Nicholas Pappas

May 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/29/95
vicv...@delphi.com wrote:

>Thanks to all who were patient in waiting for this to come. This code
>allows you to view all the animations in the game, plus TWO animations that
>were scrapped and never fully completed due to story changes (Mt. Bole &
>The Sentinel Tree (at Treefall)).

Um...Vic...I am probobly going to sound like a real idiot here -- but
could you leave a slightly more detailed explanation of how to get the
animations.
I have a game saved at the Plane in DANEK (which is the last place I
thought you could save), and I tried to get the animations to work by
following your instructions in the vault...but nothing happened!
You mentioned that..."you HAVE to have save DATA in backup RAM where
the game is completed for this to work." (direct quote <G>) But, I
am not aware of being able to save after you have defeated the final
character.
Am I just missing something here?

Nick

Michael Gallo

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
vicv...@delphi.com wrote:
:
: I may have neglected to mention that the level of the save for completing
: the game had to be AT LEAST 40 (to make sure there wasn't a way to "cheat"
: and see the anime before playing a large majority of the game). You can
: also use the published SAVE anywhere cheat to save right before you
: fight Sadoul (or anywhere). I think it's something like set the cursor
: just above the SAVE position on the menu, hold start and press diagonal
: left-down on the pad and press "A" quickly (to hit just as "SAVE" is highlight
: ed, but before it skips past)...anyway, side point. Also, be sure you
: are DIRECTLY below the middle chest in the vault when you hit start on a
: NEW game. Good luck.
:
:
:

Maybe I have missed something as well. All my characters are
at level 55 and above and still I have not gotten it to work. Could you
repost the cheat just in case I may have missed something.

--Mi...@panix.com

Nicholas Pappas

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
vicv...@delphi.com wrote:

>I may have neglected to mention that the level of the save for completing
>the game had to be AT LEAST 40 (to make sure there wasn't a way to "cheat"
>and see the anime before playing a large majority of the game). You can
>also use the published SAVE anywhere cheat to save right before you
>fight Sadoul (or anywhere). I think it's something like set the cursor
>just above the SAVE position on the menu, hold start and press diagonal
>left-down on the pad and press "A" quickly (to hit just as "SAVE" is highlight
>ed, but before it skips past)...anyway, side point. Also, be sure you
>are DIRECTLY below the middle chest in the vault when you hit start on a
>NEW game. Good luck.

I don't see how it is possible to have a SAVED game that has been WON!
After you beat Sadoul there is no point in the game where you can get
to the SAVE menu. Am I missing something!? The game goes straight
through the animations to "The End," at which point you have to reset
the Sega.
I took your suggestion ang saved the game just before I fought Sadoul,
and am at level 45. But I still can't get it to work! After I win, I
let the ending run, reset the Sega, start a new game and do what you
mentioned...but no go! <sniff>

Nick

vicv...@delphi.com

Jun 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/1/95
Nicholas Pappas <papp...@cs.purdue.edu> writes:

> Um...Vic...I am probobly going to sound like a real idiot here -- but
>could you leave a slightly more detailed explanation of how to get the
>animations.
> I have a game saved at the Plane in DANEK (which is the last place I
>thought you could save), and I tried to get the animations to work by
>following your instructions in the vault...but nothing happened!
> You mentioned that..."you HAVE to have save DATA in backup RAM where
>the game is completed for this to work." (direct quote <G>) But, I
>am not aware of being able to save after you have defeated the final
>character.

I may have neglected to mention that the level of the save for completing
the game had to be AT LEAST 40 (to make sure there wasn't a way to "cheat"
and see the anime before playing a large majority of the game). You can
also use the published SAVE anywhere cheat to save right before you
fight Sadoul (or anywhere). I think it's something like set the cursor
just above the SAVE position on the menu, hold start and press diagonal
left-down on the pad and press "A" quickly (to hit just as "SAVE" is highlight
ed, but before it skips past)...anyway, side point. Also, be sure you
are DIRECTLY below the middle chest in the vault when you hit start on a
NEW game. Good luck.

DBTH - Vic

Nicholas Pappas

Jun 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/3/95
vicv...@delphi.com wrote:

>DON'T RESET YOUR GENESIS! The game will show you an outtake after a few
>minutes then RESET ITSELF TO THE OPENING ANIME. Start from that point...
>perhaps that's what you're missing...

I thought about that too. After you mentioned that there is an
aditional out-take I waited and let the system reset itself and then
started a new game trying to get the animations to work -- they still
didn't.
I will try one last time, but I have tried it on mine (level 45) and a
friends (level 50+). Could you possibly re-post the animation code
(or E-Mail it to me) so that maybe I can catch something that I missed
in the first.

Nick

vicv...@delphi.com

Jun 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/3/95
Michael Gallo <mi...@panix.com> writes:

> Maybe I have missed something as well. All my characters are
>at level 55 and above and still I have not gotten it to work. Could you
>repost the cheat just in case I may have missed something.

DON'T RESET YOUR GENESIS! The game will show you an outtake after a few
minutes then RESET ITSELF TO THE OPENING ANIME. Start from that point...
perhaps that's what you're missing...

DBTH - vic

vicv...@delphi.com

Jun 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/5/95
Nicholas Pappas <papp...@cs.purdue.edu> writes:

> I thought about that too. After you mentioned that there is an
>aditional out-take I waited and let the system reset itself and then
>started a new game trying to get the animations to work -- they still
>didn't.

Let me try it myself again in a week or so (after the recording wraps on
LUNAR 2 this Wed, things should ease up for about a week before we head into
final debug), then I'll post any clarifications necessary to make it work.

Sorry you're having so much trouble! :)

DBTH - Vic

J Sloane

Jun 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/13/95
Oof! I came into this thread too late to get the code itself. Can someone
repost it or email it to:
shr...@uncvx1.oit.unc.edu
Thanks!

Launchpad is an experimental internet BBS. The views of its users do not
necessarily represent those of UNC-Chapel Hill, OIT, or the SysOps.

Nicholas Pappas

Jun 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/16/95
Hey Vic, have you had a chance you run through the code that you
passed out a few weeks ago? I have still not been able to get that
thing to work correctly!

Thanks

Nick

Nicholas Pappas

Jun 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/25/95
Hey, VIC...have you had a chance to run through the animation code
that you posted a while back? I could never get it to work correctly
-- I am almost ready to play the game again to see everything (well,
maybe not <g>).

Also...I don't suppose there are any Popful Mail Codes? I just
finished the game for the second time (Gold...Yippee!), but aborted
all the animations -- thinking that they might be counted against me.
Unfortunatly, finishing the game in 4:01 hours, I had plenty of time
to watch them all, if they did count against you. :( Ah well.

Thanks for the help!

Nick

vicv...@delphi.com

Jun 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/28/95
Sorry, haven't had time to do that, yet. We're hot in final debug
for LUNAR 2 in Tokyo right now. I'll try to get to it prety quickly
after I get back...

DBT - Vic

Gary Oak

Aug 1, 2021, 1:10:06 AM8/1/21
People harass fan translators who want to fix this guy's awful localizations. I have no words.

Morr Eddie

Sep 24, 2023, 7:21:37 PM9/24/23
What the hell are you even talking about?