I hadn't realized that Midway's Greatest vol.2 came out for the DC...

Ron

Dec 1, 2001, 1:58:08 AM12/1/01

Was in EB earlier today, and saw this staring me in the face for 14.99.
I hadn't realized that it had gone beyond vol.1 on the DC (unless it is a
newer
release)....and if I didn't already have it for the computer I would have
bought it
(just something about Gauntlet....)

--
Visit The Home Of The Relic!
http://relic.globalredirect.com/index.html

BelPowerslave

Dec 1, 2001, 4:24:36 PM12/1/01
> Was in EB earlier today, and saw this staring me in the face for 14.99.
> I hadn't realized that it had gone beyond vol.1 on the DC (unless it is a
> newer
> release)....and if I didn't already have it for the computer I would have
> bought it
> (just something about Gauntlet....)

What is on it?

Gloworm

--
Leo: Get it?
Raph: Got it!

- TMNT: Secret of the Ooze

AIM: BelPowerSlave
Unreal Tournament: BelPwrSlve
PSO v2 - BelPowrslave

My Website Coming Soon: Whip Ass Gaming
which includes:
(attempting)Mac Classic Gaming
Sega Genesis Game Quick Reviews
DC Unreal Tournament FAQ(for the serious player)
Soldier of Fortune: The Half-Life Conundrum

Ron

Dec 1, 2001, 8:54:41 PM12/1/01

"BelPowerslave" <belpow...@ev1.net> wrote in message

> > Was in EB earlier today, and saw this staring me in the face for 14.99.
> > I hadn't realized that it had gone beyond vol.1 on the DC (unless it is
> > newer
> > release)....and if I didn't already have it for the computer I would
have
> > bought it
> > (just something about Gauntlet....)
>
> What is on it?
>
> Gloworm

I believe that the contents are the same as on the Atari Collection 2 that
Midway published (I have the PC version in front of me, and I saw
Gauntlet, 720. Here are what else is on the PC disc (as I am assuming that
the discs are the same as the PSX/PC versions);
Marble Madness
Vindicators
Paperboy
Roadblasters.

When I go back to EB I will be able to confirm this (But I definitely saw
the DC sidebar
on the pack, so I know it was a DC title, as well as the Midway's Greatest
Hits 2 title).

Visit The Home Of The Relic!
http://relic.globalredirect.com/index.html
Images! Fansubs FT! Comics/Manga FT/FS

and of coures, the infamous Briefcase Fulla Rant!

BelPowerslave

Dec 2, 2001, 12:42:52 PM12/2/01

> I believe that the contents are the same as on the Atari Collection 2 that
> Midway published (I have the PC version in front of me, and I saw
> Gauntlet, 720. Here are what else is on the PC disc (as I am assuming that
> the discs are the same as the PSX/PC versions);
> Marble Madness
> Vindicators
> Paperboy
> Roadblasters.

Damn, that would rock! If nothing else, just for Roadblasters!!!! GOTTA GET IT
NOW!!!

> When I go back to EB I will be able to confirm this (But I definitely saw
> the DC sidebar
> on the pack, so I know it was a DC title, as well as the Midway's Greatest
> Hits 2 title).

I will definitely look into this, and quick!!!

Thanks,

McGarrett

Dec 2, 2001, 2:02:48 PM12/2/01

"Ron" <r...@netset.com> wrote in message news:3c098...@athena.netset.com...
> --

> I believe that the contents are the same as on the Atari Collection 2 that
> Midway published (I have the PC version in front of me, and I saw
> Gauntlet, 720. Here are what else is on the PC disc (as I am assuming that
> the discs are the same as the PSX/PC versions);
> Marble Madness
> Vindicators
> Paperboy
> Roadblasters.
>
> When I go back to EB I will be able to confirm this (But I definitely saw
> the DC sidebar
> on the pack, so I know it was a DC title, as well as the Midway's Greatest
> Hits 2 title).

Bought the game at EB today (Sunday Dec 2) for $14.99. They had it
incorrectly labled as a $40.00 GBA game so I asked the guy to confirm the
price. Not a bad deal at all for 15 bucks when you get:

Moon Patrol
Paperboy
Gauntlet
Spy Hunter
Rampage
720

I think Moon Patrol is my favorite although Spy Hunter should play rather
sweetly when I get my Concept 4 wheel for Christmas from the Mrs. Go get
this disk while you can...

McGarrett

Justin Scott

Dec 2, 2001, 7:38:41 PM12/2/01
Best Buy has it in their ad for $9.99-- needless to say, it was worth a
special trip to get! Paperboy alone is worth it for me, the emulation in
MAME has been spotty lately-- it's not 100% right (Weird things happen,
like it streams the music off the GD [must be to save processing power
and/or bad port], and the wrong sounds play at times) but it's great.

I am quite happy with the package for the price. It's better emulation
than the Smash Pack, and while there are no extras, getting 6 true
classics for $10 is incredible. It strikes me as a port of the
Playstation game (although the mix of games is different than any of the
Midway games for the PS, I believe). The FMV of the Midway/Digital
Eclipse logos are very low-res.

Bottom line, it's a definite must buy if you like these games!