*Toshinden URA, Sakura Taisen, 5 others* rage SATURN update 9/23

the rage update

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

the rage.
http://www.therage.com/

New imports today:

Toshinden URA $55 "DOUBLE RAGE BUCKS"
Sakura Taisen $59
Afterburner II $42
Thunderforce Gold $49
Ayrton Senna Cart Duel $72

New import system:

Hitachi Hi-Saturn MMP-1000NV $1549
Portable Saturn system. Includes one pad, Video CD and Photo CD cards,
active matrix LCD screen.

New US title:

Brain Dead 13 $52

*Due to Yom Kippur (the Jewish New Year), we will be closing at 4pm ET
today. As the above titles arrive by courier late in the day (usually at
around 5pm ET) we will be unable to ship these new releases today. Sorry
for any inconvenience this may cause.

introducing...

RAGE BUCKS

Earn "RAGE BUCKS" with every software purchase between 9 September, 1996
and 31 December, 1996.

RAGE BUCKS are simple to earn and track. You earn ONE RAGE BUCK for each
piece of software you purchase from the rage between 9 September, 1996
and
31 December, 1996. Some titles will be marked DOUBLE RAGE BUCKS, meaning
you would earn TWO RAGE BUCKS for that particular title.

A RAGE BUCK is equivalent to $1 credit towards any software purchase at
the
rage. You can elect to use your RAGE BUCKS at any time, or save up for a
big score at the end of the year! (You cannot, however, use a RAGE BUCK
on
the same purchase that you just earned the RAGE BUCK from.)

There is no need to sign-up or pay any fee. All software purchases from
9
September, 1996 thru 31 December, 1996 are automatically eligible.

If you have any additional questions, please email us.

for updates & notification of sales,
send a blank email to each address:
Video Games . . .
ninte...@therage.com sonypla...@therage.com
segas...@therage.com snkn...@therage.com
nint...@therage.com se...@therage.com
jag...@therage.com 3...@therage.com
Sports Collectibles . . .
N...@therage.com N...@therage.com
M...@therage.com N...@therage.com

Kevin Ip

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

the rage update wrote:

> New import system:
>
> Hitachi Hi-Saturn MMP-1000NV $1549
> Portable Saturn system. Includes one pad, Video CD and Photo CD cards,
> active matrix LCD screen.

I've never seen or heard of this "Portable Saturn" system ever! When did it
come out? Please leave more details for all to learn.

Thanks,

Kevin

Evangalion

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

I **** think **** this is this car navigation system that runs on the
Saturn that I saw awhile back in some Japanese magazine. Maybe it runs
Saturn games too? I dunno.....

James Arguello

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96

Yeah. Its a small Saturn which you attach an LCD display to your Saturn
and play games on a car, or plane, etc. Just think SFA2 on the road! This
is COOL! But pricey.

Craig M. Kazial

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

check out next-generation
http://www.next-generation.com

Craig M. Kazial

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

I might be wrong.. I know I did see an item now at www.sega-saturn.com tho
I think NCS is the only one right now importing it..

Craig M. Kazial (kaz...@acsu.buffalo.edu) wrote:
: check out next-generation

Andrew Ryan Chang

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

from Dave's Sega Saturn web page: (http://www.sega-saturn.com)

=== begin ===

The Hitachi MMP-1000NV Saturn model is the Saturn fanatic's dream machine.
The unit can be used in the home and connected to your television like a
regular Saturn or taken with you in a car for play on those long trips in
the back seat. Imagine getting through a round of Fighting Vipers as
scenery of woody outdoors or as masses of New Yorkers pass you by. Why
look out the window when you can look at a Saturn video game? When going
on a trip, the Hitachi Saturn can be outfitted with an active matrix LCD
screen for bright colors and excellent resolution.

The Hitachi can also be used as a GPS tracker for your car trips.
Software is included for the main provinces in Japan while more detailed
territory discs can be purchased separately from Navisoft for the
different areas such as Hokkaido or Chubu in Japan that you might be
travelling to. Of course, this function is moot here in the States but
since the Hitachi is portable and you might go to Japan one day, its a
little something extra that you get when you purchase the Hi-Saturn.

The other parts of the Hi Saturn that are included are a video-CD decoder
which will allow you to run MPEG-1 movies on the Saturn, a Photo-CD card
which will let you view picture discs on your Saturn, a TV tuner so that
you can watch some television if you get tired of playing your two games
and a standard Saturn black controller, to match the color of the unit
itself.

National Console Support has the Portable Saturn for a retail price of
$1499.

=== end ===

It's a Saturn with: TV output, MPEG-1 decoder, GPS unit, TV tuner,
and a Photo-CD decoder. Sounds pretty cool. Sounds pretty darn
expensive.

I find it interesting that Sega has allowed Hitachi to make it.

--

"_Thomas Alva Flathead_ [...] is probably best-known as the inventor of
the battery-powered brass lantern."

Out of Order

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:
> It's a Saturn with: TV output, MPEG-1 decoder, GPS unit, TV tuner,
> and a Photo-CD decoder. Sounds pretty cool. Sounds pretty darn
> expensive.
>
> I find it interesting that Sega has allowed Hitachi to make it.

well, sega did allow JVC to make a JVC version of the Sega CD... so it's not
entirely unheard of. I think it had some minor enhancements over the sega version.

--
*********** ch...@mcs.com ** http://www.mcs.net/~chaos/home.html *************
Burning coal. Got to keep the company warm as the rain keeps killing the trees

Samuel Hart

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Kevin Ip wrote:

> the rage update wrote:
>
> > New import system:
> >
> > Hitachi Hi-Saturn MMP-1000NV $1549
> > Portable Saturn system. Includes one pad, Video CD and Photo CD cards,
> > active matrix LCD screen.
> >

> I've never seen or heard of this "Portable Saturn" system ever! When did it
> come out? Please leave more details for all to learn.

I've only seen one picture of this system. It was in an ad for Hitachi
technologies (covering other technologies as well; HDTV, PC, etc.) that
was in September's Scientific American (I think.) It was really obscure.
It didn't mention the Saturn much. I hadn't heard about it before then.

It looked very much like a Saturn with a little LCD screen that flips up
from the top. (I could be remembering it wrong.... I haven't looked at it
in awhile. But it definitely was a portable Saturn.)

Does anyone have any more info on this? Is it coming out in America?

Sam Hart ha...@physics.arizona.edu

Scott Caney

Sep 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/29/96
to Craig M. Kazial

I know The Rage is importing it also, I'm not sure about GameX or
anywhere else. But for $1400 I think I'm going to wait till next year to
buy it. Hopefully it'll drop below $1000 or maybe even $500 (God I wish)

Jeff

Sep 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/30/96

Out of Order <ch...@mcs.com> wrote:

>well, sega did allow JVC to make a JVC version of the Sega CD... so it's not
>entirely unheard of. I think it had some minor enhancements over the sega version.

yeah, for example karoke mode :) and i got one (i am sooo glad about that ;) its
like grey-black and looks very fancy, it even got green leds inside the cd-tray
(which btw opens extra smooth)

Jeff
/\
: : "It is happening again" - The Giant / \\ \:
| <plea...@magnet.at> | Fan of Twin Peaks,XFiles,Houze,Anime and more |
| yep! its Austria/Vienna | |
| __/\__ | -Saturn-Playstation-SegaCD-Famicom-MegaDrive- |
. visit /&KIM\ on the web @ http://members.magnet.at/pleasure
\/