Romance of the Three Kingdoms OUT!!

Marty Chinn

Oct 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/7/95
Now there are I believe 19 games out for the Saturn. Romance of the Three
Kingdoms 4 for the Saturn was just released.

Peter R Cook

Oct 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/7/95
vids...@netcom.com (Marty Chinn) writes:

>Now there are I believe 19 games out for the Saturn. Romance of the Three
>Kingdoms 4 for the Saturn was just released.

Cool! Hopefully they'll have it at Babbages today!

-prc

--

---- PRC Records - PO Box 627 Marlborough, MA 01752 - p...@world.std.com
Peter R. Cook - "Evil" Republican, PRC Records owner, Blue Steel

Jason

Oct 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/7/95
p...@world.std.com (Peter R Cook) wrote:
>>Now there are I believe 19 games out for the Saturn. Romance of the Three
>>Kingdoms 4 for the Saturn was just released.

> Cool! Hopefully they'll have it at Babbages today!

Yes it -is- cool. I'm a fan of the ROTTK series since the first
one. This one is the -best- so far.

One -major- probelm is that with the Saturn's interal ram -empty-,
you can only save 1 games. With the cart ram installed, that number
increases by 9 for a total of 10.

400+ blocks for a save... ouch!
-- Jason

--
In another world.. in a time to come;| "But Sir! It's impossible!"
maybe Ultima will return. | "Don't try and confuse me

Noah Mittman

Oct 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/8/95

>p...@world.std.com (Peter R Cook) wrote:
>>>Now there are I believe 19 games out for the Saturn. Romance of the Three
>>>Kingdoms 4 for the Saturn was just released.
>
>> Cool! Hopefully they'll have it at Babbages today!
>
> Yes it -is- cool. I'm a fan of the ROTTK series since the first
>one. This one is the -best- so far.
>
> One -major- probelm is that with the Saturn's interal ram -empty-,
>you can only save 1 games. With the cart ram installed, that number
>increases by 9 for a total of 10.
>
> 400+ blocks for a save... ouch!
> -- Jason

I don't think that's a MAJOR problem. Personally, I'm glad the move
has been made towards RAM carts on both platforms, since it can be used
across many games, it's portability and reuse value, and that
manufacturers aren't limiting themselves in terms of save options vs extra
RAM costs. Plus we've also seen their commercial value in the forms of
the Pro Action Replay carts.
I remember how the Jaguar Theme Park couldn't save the actual park that
you made because of the size of the EEPROM. This basically meant that you
had to start over with a new park everytime you continued. This, IMHO, is
not good. If it takes 400+ blocks, that's because it needs 400+ to save
your _entire_ game, not just the "most important" parts (note the
quotes). If it doesn't, it's not exactly saving your game... just an
approximation of it.
Besides, as a stategy game, this is probably one of the higher values
we'll see for quite some time.

On a side note, is the Saturn memory cartridge Battery Backed SRAM or
is it Flash RAM like the Playstation memory card?

--
Noah Mittman |
Editor/Technical Director, | "Just say NO to stock footage."

Bob Tomasevich

Oct 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/8/95
Marty Chinn (vids...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Now there are I believe 19 games out for the Saturn. Romance of the Three
: Kingdoms 4 for the Saturn was just released.

Is this a detailed strategy wargame, like Ogre Battle and Dark Wizard, where
you can spend lots of time setting up your units for battle?

--
Bob Tomasevich Sears, Roebuck, & Co.
Senior Technical Programmer 3333 Beverly Road