Sega Rally Short Review

Mike Mangold

Nov 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/18/95
I bought Sega Rally today at Electronics Boutique for 59.99. After
30 minutes or so of playing here are a few thoughts:

The graphics are the best I've seen for the Saturn. The terrain
looks as good as any 3D-terrrain I've seen for the PSX. Not quite
arcade, bud darned close. I really like the tunnel.

There is *some* pop-up, but its always on the horizon. Nothing
close to Daytona.

On the more negative side, the cars and objects along the road
(especiall flags) look very pixellated to me. At the car-select
screen, the rotating cars look really pixelly. They should've used
FMV for this. I also find the cars look "cartoon-cute" rather than
realistic.

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to lotsa hours of racing on this
one. Not a dissapointment and worth the wait.