THUNDERSTRIKE 2

USGOLDSF

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
It is coming! Thanks to everyone that inquired about the most intense 3D
flight game for a 32-bit console system. The title is expected to be
released in the upcoming week, if shipping is on schedule. The PSX
version will be out in the 2nd week of Jan. The game is getting rave
reviews from the press, all of which will be out in the upcoming weeks.
Enjoy and have a great gaming season!

USGold

jch...@thirdwave.net

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95

Are there any differences between the PSX and Saturn versions?

Philip

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
usgo...@aol.com (USGOLDSF) wrote:

>It is coming! Thanks to everyone that inquired about the most intense 3D
>flight game for a 32-bit console system. The title is expected to be
>released in the upcoming week, if shipping is on schedule. The PSX
>version will be out in the 2nd week of Jan. The game is getting rave
>reviews from the press, all of which will be out in the upcoming weeks.
>Enjoy and have a great gaming season!

>USGold

Don't believe this clown. He's an AOL'er and just having his "kicks".
However, expect Thunderstrike(Saturn) the week of 12/27.

I _want_ this game.

Phil...

Eric Castle

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
In article <4bb1eg$1...@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, just...@ix.netcom.com
(Philip) wrote:

You imply this usgoldsf guy is a fake. So because someone (who may or may
not work for USGold) posts positive statements about this game, he is a
clown? Or do you have a problem with people who post from AOL? Why do you
think he is a just getting his "kicks"? Do you know him? Why shouldn't we
believe him? Heck, why should we believe you?

You and him seem to be in agreement about the release date. The week of
12/27 which is what usgoldsf said (upcoming week).

I can't wait to get this game. It looks good from what the mags have been
saying and the screen shots they have shown. Plus Thunderstrike on the
Sega CD was one of the best titles for that platform. I can't wait to see
what they do with this game on the Saturn.

--
Eric
eric_...@taligent.com

Matthew Martin

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
In article <eric_castle-21...@eric-castle.taligent.com>,
eric_...@taligent.com (Eric Castle) wrote:

> I can't wait to get this game. It looks good from what the mags have been
> saying and the screen shots they have shown. Plus Thunderstrike on the
> Sega CD was one of the best titles for that platform. I can't wait to see
> what they do with this game on the Saturn.

I wonder how this game will compare on PSX and Saturn... I don't want to
buy the Saturn version and then have the PSX version 10x better... (not
that it WILL be... but you never know)...

Also wonder how this will compare to PSX Warhawk...

drool...drool...drool... =)

Happy Holidays indeed!

-Matt

--
Matthew Martin Systems Manager/Online Editor
sibe...@u.washington.edu The Daily Student Newspaper

Mix

Dec 23, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/23/95
sibe...@u.washington.edu (Matthew Martin) wrote:

>> I can't wait to get this game. It looks good from what the mags have been
>> saying and the screen shots they have shown. Plus Thunderstrike on the
>> Sega CD was one of the best titles for that platform. I can't wait to see
>> what they do with this game on the Saturn.

>I wonder how this game will compare on PSX and Saturn... I don't want to
>buy the Saturn version and then have the PSX version 10x better... (not
>that it WILL be... but you never know)...

I heard somewhere that they are very similar, just that the Saturn
version has slightly better gameplay. That may be why the PSX version
has been delayed....

>Also wonder how this will compare to PSX Warhawk...

Totally different kind of game. Warhawk is a more "fly by the seat of
your pants with an orchestra in the background arcade experience" and
Thunderstrike is more of a sim. Don't get me wrong, I had much more
fun playing Thunderstrike on the Sega CD than Warhawk, but it's
comparing apples and oranges.

>drool...drool...drool... =)

agreed. Anyone who loved the original will probably LOVE this game,
meyself included.

- Mix

|---------------------------------------------------|
|---------------< INSERT QUOTE HERE > --------------|
|---------------------------------------------------|
| m...@mis.net |
|---------------------------------------------------|

Pete

Dec 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/24/95
In article <sibeling-211...@cs115-6.u.washington.edu>, sibe...@u.washington.edu (Matthew Martin) says:

>In article <eric_castle-21...@eric-castle.taligent.com>,
>eric_...@taligent.com (Eric Castle) wrote:
>
>> I can't wait to get this game. It looks good from what the mags have been
>> saying and the screen shots they have shown. Plus Thunderstrike on the
>> Sega CD was one of the best titles for that platform. I can't wait to see
>> what they do with this game on the Saturn.
>
>I wonder how this game will compare on PSX and Saturn... I don't want to
>buy the Saturn version and then have the PSX version 10x better... (not
>that it WILL be... but you never know)...
>
>Also wonder how this will compare to PSX Warhawk...

Both versions are exaclty the same.

It is much better than warhawk.

Philip

Dec 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/27/95

>>Also wonder how this will compare to PSX Warhawk...
>>

>Both versions are exaclty the same.
>
>It is much better than warhawk.

Much better then Warhawk?.(That's a _huge_ statement!) Damn, i really
wish so, simply because Warhawk is _easily_ the best 3-D 32-bit shooter
ever.(imho...and also many more qualified one's).

I'll be getting this game once it hits the shelves, and i will
definitly compare it to Warhawk(graphically).

btw: I own both systems, like both systems, and am getting sick of
people bashing any game without giving reasons why.(ie...V.C. Sucks,
Tekken Sucks,ect..)

Phil...

Chris Mermagen

Dec 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/27/95
com>:
Philip (just...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
:
:
: >>
: >>Also wonder how this will compare to PSX Warhawk...

: >>
: >
: >Both versions are exaclty the same.
: >
: >It is much better than warhawk.
:
: Much better then Warhawk?.(That's a _huge_ statement!) Damn, i really
: wish so, simply because Warhawk is _easily_ the best 3-D 32-bit shooter
: ever.(imho...and also many more qualified one's).

I enjoyed it as well, but only for 2 days.. After I won it, it
became shelf material.. but those 2 days were probably the best I've
spent on any 3-d shooter.. I love the intro music (when they show the
actual cut from the sampler disc, which I believe is also the same music
on level 4)..

:
: I'll be getting this game once it hits the shelves, and i will

: definitly compare it to Warhawk(graphically).

let me know, I'm looking to buy this (TS2) for the Saturn..
I remember liking Thunderstrike for SegaCD, but it got a bit
boring after a while

:
: btw: I own both systems, like both systems, and am getting sick of

: people bashing any game without giving reasons why.(ie...V.C. Sucks,
: Tekken Sucks,ect..)
:
: Phil...

:
Chris

Noah Mittman

Dec 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/27/95

Thunderstrike 2 ?

It's out, and in my pocket as I type.

NYC, Software Etc. on 18th and 5th.
Others should have it today as well...

--
Noah Mittman <http://www.panix.com/~nam/firerain/>
Editor, Technical Director { Fire & Rain Productions, Inc. }

mo...@fastlane.net

Dec 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/27/95
In article <nam-271295...@nam.dialup.access.net>, n...@panix.com
(Noah Mittman) wrote:

> Thunderstrike 2 ?
>
> It's out, and in my pocket as I type.

Well,whadda ya think?I got ot today as well and i'm not to thrilled to say
the least.The pop up is ridiculous!Way to distracting for me.How about
you?

Noah Mittman

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95

To repeat what I said in mail:

Eh. It doesn't bother me, since it doesn't start out from nowhere,
like Black Fire. It also looks like it pulls out the textures on the far
horizon, and then moves them into the closer one where it gets levelled
and raised onto the terrain's dimensions. Plus, the game is cool enough
for me to look past the pop-up. The stealth down scenario is pretty cool
- a bunch of race against time objectives... at night. This is a worthy
replacement for Iron Soldier (the only Jag game I miss) for me...

Robert Colossus Jones

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
In article <nam-281295...@nam.dialup.access.net>, n...@panix.com
(Noah Mittman) wrote:

> In article <moon-27129...@fw53.fastlane.net>, mo...@fastlane.net wrote:
>
> >In article <nam-271295...@nam.dialup.access.net>, n...@panix.com
> >(Noah Mittman) wrote:
>
> Eh. It doesn't bother me, since it doesn't start out from nowhere,
> like Black Fire. It also looks like it pulls out the textures on the far
> horizon, and then moves them into the closer one where it gets levelled
> and raised onto the terrain's dimensions. Plus, the game is cool enough
> for me to look past the pop-up. The stealth down scenario is pretty cool
> - a bunch of race against time objectives... at night. This is a worthy
> replacement for Iron Soldier (the only Jag game I miss) for me...

Is the pop-up only on huge objects or is it all over the screen with
everything. I was thinking of picking it up today but now I am not so
sure. What ever happened to this fabulous 3-d engine that Core was
supposed to have. Oh, well maybe I will still pick it up.

--
CCC OOO L 000 SSS SSS U U SSS
C O 0 L O 0 S S U U S

DA! COMMANDA!!!!!!!
(formerly Rob J from the Group Home)

Marc Baime

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
mo...@fastlane.net wrote:

> Well,whadda ya think?I got ot today as well and i'm not to thrilled to say
> the least.The pop up is ridiculous!Way to distracting for me.How about
> you?

>Hmm. Popup is pretty bad in this game but the game is quite a bit of fun
and I like it. Enjoy watching the little men toddling around after you
destroy their vehicles. Vehicle graphics are great. Explosions are
pretty good though pixelly close up. I think the whole popup brouhaha is
a tempest in a teapot. Just about every good 3D game around has some
popup (e.g. Wipeout, Sega Rally, Destruction Derby, etc.). It's the
gameplay that matters. Maybe when we get to the 64 bit machines the
popup will be eliminated but for now it's a fact of life. Some may find
the popup so distracting that it detracts from their gameplay. If that's
so I understand; don't buy it. As for me this game, popup and all, is a
lot of fun.

Regards...Marc Baime

Ed Giangrande

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
In <30E320...@telops.gte.com> Marc Baime

The pop-up really doesn't effect a lot of stages... only the ones that
occur over the forest scenes... though there are some things like rocks
that just appear it really isn't a reason not to buy the game since it
is still very good... it also depends on the view you use.. I have
found that the over the heli view takes away a lot of the Pop-up as
opposed to the in the cockpit view or the just plain view...